Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #31   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Joben is offline Send a message via ICQ to Joben Send a message via AIM to Joben
Default Re: Old Timer has passed

I remember him.

*puts a rose on the grave*
Old 09-17-2015, 12:34 AM   #32   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Sad news indeed...first thing I spotted on my return to the forum after several years (thanks LD for the email ping). Oscar was one of the [WCFD] stalwarts, we had a lot of good times online blasting the windup animals and chuckling about fragging the dickens out of kids 30 years younger than us. He was an all-around great guy, classy no matter what.

Godspeed Oscar, you are missed.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:33 PM   #33   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben View Post
I remember him.
Yeah, me too.

I'm actually not too sure if I joined a bit late or what but I do recognise the name.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #34   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

You should have at least heard of him.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:56 PM   #35   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear that Oscar passed on. Also, that it has been so long since, that I am just now reading about it. I just got a birthday message from S! for my b-day, so decided to check in, and saw a post by OldFighter and a mention of those who passed on, and seen Oscar's name.

I haven't been on here much the last few years, usually checking in around Christmas, (which I didn't this year). I just kind of went through some stuff and ended up losing touch with all my online friends.

I was very glad to have known Oscar, even though it only through our online gaming relationship with the WCFD and Serious Sam gaming. He was a very caring and witty guy. All of the WCFD were/are good folks. Wow, you would never know Oscar or Zen were older guys, they were some hella powerhouse players, and could hold their own against the youngest gamers.

I got paired up with Oscar sometimes, and always felt bad I knew I was holding him back, I never was very good in Multi Play, but he didn't care, he gamed for fun and welcomed me as a partner when we got paired. I knew him to have really good conservative family core values, and I remember how he talked about and cared about his family and friends, including his online friends.

OSCAR, you will be totally missed by all here. You helped make this community the great one it was, is, and continues to be. I say this as you are still, and always will be a part of Serious!
- Alien SlaYer

"Get out of here Stalker!... Get out of here Stalker!"

Last edited by Alien Slayer; 01-18-2016 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:47 AM   #36   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Maybe I should send you a birthday email every month.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #37   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
Maybe I should send you a birthday email every month.
Naw, that is ok. At my age, (59 now), one birthday a year is more than enough, heh heh.
AS

EDIT: PS; I will try to check in more often from now on though. I still love ya all.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:04 AM   #38   Add To Ignore List  
s! shitposter

59?! Holy shit. I thought everyone was a youngster here.

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 01-19-2016, 10:29 AM   #39   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

We used to have a lot of old people active here. There was a special clan, WCFD (We Can Fart Dust), with guys mainly older than 50.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 01-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #40   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually I'd say that most of the people here are actually somewhat old-ish, definitely post 20, at the least. SS doesn't appeal to actual youngsters.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #41   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Most of the people here are in their 20s and 30s. The oldest member we had was in his 80s before he died. Then again... ZEN should be about 80 by now...
Old 01-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #42   Add To Ignore List  
I AM YOUR REDEEMER

How is ZEN doing these days?

Wow you failed so much in Life, that you need such things as fun. - Gnaarwarian
Last hax0red by Jetroid; 01-01-1970 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:24 PM   #43   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

No idea. He was having some health issues last I talked to him but someone else had contacted him more recently and said he was fine but insanely busy.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:55 AM   #44   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

ZEN should be in his late 70s now. Is there any way to contact him? I miss that meatball.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 01-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #45   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Not really.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #46   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I keep mentioning this, but I recall another regular member who was a tenant of ZEN's, though I completely forget who it was. Though, even if I remembered, I am sure there is no way to contact that other member either and I doubt he is a tenant anymore

This thing always kind of depresses me. Thinking of all the old time regulars we used to have and how it is near impossible to locate them to contact them... if anything to make sure they are doing alright. The downside of making great friends through anonymous channels
Old 01-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #47   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Indeed, there are plenty of people I wish I could find but have no way of doing so.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:19 AM   #48   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Well, I am going to try to check in once in a while here and there, I too, hate to lose contact with everyone, and didn't realize that some people wondered about me too.

I guess sometimes we get busy and forget to keep contact, thinking everyone will always be there.
Of course, the older I get, the more I do realize how short life really is, and even younger folks can have things happen to them. This is a great bunch of people here, so I definitely don't want to lose contact with you all.
-AS

Old 02-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #49   Add To Ignore List  
insert user title..

Checking in to pay my respects to Oscar.

As a guy who appears to always have something to say, when it comes to situations like this I never know what to say. Everything just feels awkward for me. Like every funeral/wake I go to, I'll put on a suit that never fits me properly and stand there with a crooked half-smile on my face, and say I'm so sorry to hear this.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:22 PM   #50   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

You could say... don't worry, now the devil has to put up with his shit. .. or not. :E
Old 02-12-2016, 08:50 AM   #51   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Although the occasion sucks, it's nice to hear from you Sarge!.
And AS, for that matter.

BR
JN
Old 02-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #52   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Nice to see you Sarge, been ages. Also, nice to see you too, JohnN. Glad that some of the ol farts still pop in here. Like I stated before, I will try to check in once in a while. Sad to lose members we know, and also just to lose total contact, when we all used to have such a nice time on here together.

Update on me: We will be moving again soon, 3rd time in 4 years. The owner of the properties we work for, ( that inherited the property from his dad, that we originally worked for ), is selling off all his property. Just hope we can remain working until I can retire. My wife can retire early this year, she is 62.

As far as gaming, was playing The Forest and Contagion, now playing Dying Light. Bought a lot of games during the last two Steam sales, in July and December. Best time to buy them and load up on them. Will be Playing Alien: Isolation next. Got about a half dozen games I bought on sale, still yet to play.

Wish to see some of the older members come back on here again. By older, don't mean necessarily in age, but as original members who were here back when I first came on here in 2001, when the original Serious Sam was just coming out.

Take care all.
AS

Old 02-22-2016, 01:09 PM   #53   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

I'm still here..
Old 02-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #54   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Me too... I still keep in touch with some of the original members... Viper, Oswald, and Booger in particular. Just not through these forums since they never come around anymore.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #55   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Slayer View Post
Also, nice to see you too, JohnN. Glad that some of the ol farts still pop in here.
Hey, who you calling "old", I'm only...oh, good point.

Co-incidentally, my Mrs is retiring this year, too, though she is "only" 55.

All the best AS.

BR
JN
Old 02-28-2016, 04:29 AM   #56   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Hey L-D. I know you are still here, you are the eternal caretaker here
Doing a great job still, as always. Glad to see you are doing well, and still taking care of S! for the rest of us.

Hey NMR. Good to hear from you too. I have noticed that you do stay in contact here, I should too, but I get wrapped up in other doo-doo all the time, heh heh. Wow, you still hear from Os? Haven't heard from Oswald on here in years, or Booger. Glad to see Viper still in here. Always liked Viper. Remember putting his name in as a nomination for to be a Tribune. He was always liked by everyone here and very level headed, and good hearted.

Hey JohnN. Not really calling you old, buddy, heh heh. Just a figure of speech, though you and I are pretty much older than most on here. Funny, how the older you get, the further off "being old', seems to be. Nice to retire at 55. All the best to the wife and yours.

Take care all.
AS

Old 04-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #57   Add To Ignore List  
Miss Daisy

I am so sorry to hear the sad news. Oscar and I msg'd on Steam occasionally and I hadn't heard from him in a while so checked here to see if there was any news.

In addition to being a great guy, Oscar personified Serious Sam. I don't believe I have ever seen anybody enjoy a game so much. We all love SS but Oscar LOVED it.

I never was really good at SS and Oscar and I would play for hours and hours with him teaching me all of his tips and tricks.

I think the funniest thing that ever happened was when he was teaching me how to cannon jump. I tried over and over and each time I jumped, I would “scrunch” up. After several hours of this I pulled a butt muscle. It literally hurt to walk for days. I told him about it and said I would hurt him if he ever told and I don't believe he ever did.

I am flooded with so many wonderful memories but also incredibly saddened by the news. I'm so glad to see so many of the old gang responding and hope you are all well. So many years have passed but I would love it if we could stay in touch.

Goodbye my friend.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:28 PM   #58   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Hi Krob long time, nice to hear from you.
Thought I would check in and was pleasantly surprised to see your post. I
thought that I was the only WCFDer that hadn't heard about Oscar. I know most
of you all still stayed in contact. Wished I had. Seems time gets away from me.
Oscar will be missed, as I really miss all of you and the times we shared chatting
and playing Serious Sam 1 and 2 and all the mods. Like you said, Oscar was the
Serious Sam uber alles gamer. No one I seen was better, for sure.
Not sure how you contact people through Steam, as I haven't so far, but I am
on there as Alien Slayer, there too, if you ever want to give me a holler.
I have been playing Alien: Isolation on there in the evenings lately.
AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob View Post
I am so sorry to hear the sad news. Oscar and I msg'd on Steam occasionally and I hadn't heard from him in a while so checked here to see if there was any news.

In addition to being a great guy, Oscar personified Serious Sam. I don't believe I have ever seen anybody enjoy a game so much. We all love SS but Oscar LOVED it.

I never was really good at SS and Oscar and I would play for hours and hours with him teaching me all of his tips and tricks.

I think the funniest thing that ever happened was when he was teaching me how to cannon jump. I tried over and over and each time I jumped, I would “scrunch” up. After several hours of this I pulled a butt muscle. It literally hurt to walk for days. I told him about it and said I would hurt him if he ever told and I don't believe he ever did.

I am flooded with so many wonderful memories but also incredibly saddened by the news. I'm so glad to see so many of the old gang responding and hope you are all well. So many years have passed but I would love it if we could stay in touch.

Goodbye my friend.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:50 AM   #59   Add To Ignore List  
Miss Daisy

I honestly can't believe how much time has passed since we used to play. Where did it go? I can't even imagine how many hours we all spent together. Happy Memories!!

AS I sent you a friend request thingy on Steam.

Do you by chance remember Baby Sam? He is my grandson that was born about the time the first test came out - he's 15 now!! Like I said......where did the time go?
Old 05-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #60   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob View Post
I honestly can't believe how much time has passed since we used to play. Where did it go? I can't even imagine how many hours we all spent together. Happy Memories!!

AS I sent you a friend request thingy on Steam.

Do you by chance remember Baby Sam? He is my grandson that was born about the time the first test came out - he's 15 now!! Like I said......where did the time go?
Tonight I felt a strange need to check these forums, as I had not been here in many years, and find that one of my good Sam playing friends has passed. I was one of the younger WCFD members, but still remember hours playing With Oscar, Zen, Krob, Crunchy, AS, ICB and others.

RIP Oscar

Hidden D