Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Showcases & Portfolios

Showcases & Portfolios The most awesome creations of our members can be seen here. Got some cool stuff? Show it off here and get feedback!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Post Heming_Hitrowski showcase

Hello everyone. I'm Heming_Hitrowski, mapper/coder/modmaker from Russian Serious Sam community. This is my showcase thread, where I'd like to introduce to you some of my old and upcoming projects, in order to support the idea of a cultural exchange between russian and english-languaged communities and bringing the developer community closer together.
So, the following works and projects represent my most successful experience and quality progress over the past few years. I'm going to keep this thread updated in the future (of course if I'll have to show you something really interesting) and bring you some of the latest news and upcoming announces, such as multiplayer events in my modifications.
I hope you'll enjoy it
Feel free to leave me your comments and/or advices.

The Grand Plague is a multiplayer modification, a conversion of the "Zombie Plague 4.3" mode from Counter Strike for Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter.
The Earth is in a big trouble. H-virus, a dangerous unsuccessful product of secret military experiments became free. This virus was made to create an army of super-soldiers, but it was never finished. Now it begins to take control over the world. The last subtype of H-virus is extremely contagious and rapidly transferred through airborne droplets, but it has some side effects, so the infection can lead to different unpredictable consequences.
As a part of the spec.unit you are send to find and destroy the source of infection, thankfully the virus dies quickly in the air and does not extend over the long distances. However, no one of your team has a clue of what will happen to the end of this operation...
The game is divided into rounds. At the beginning of every round, all players are just a normal healthy people. After ten seconds since the beginning of the round, the game randomly chooses one of the scenarios and infection. All of the scenarios have different rules of the game, but there is only one common goal: to destroy the enemy team.
Features of the project:
*4 different scenarios such as "Simple infection" (one of the players becomes a zombie of a random species. The zombie's goal is to infect all of the humans, the human's goal is to survive), "Wall-to-wall (or basically Versus)" (half of the people turns into non-infectious zombies. Players' goal is to kill the enemy team), "Nemesis" (one of the players turns into a terrible monster - Nemesis, which goal is to KILL EVERYONE ELSE! On the other hand, one player from the humans team turns into Survivor - a hero, which is able to compete with Nemesis. His goal is to kill the vile creature) and "Power Versus" (a bonus round, when half of the gamers turns into Nemesis, while another - into Survivors. Have Fun!)
*Three game types: The Grand Plague (+ subtype "Monsters mode" - only in "Desert" map) and The Going Postal.
*Different types of zombies, like simple zombie, alpha-zombie, jumper zombie, fast zombie, invisible zombie and tremendous Nemesis.
*Credits system (basically money). You can earn credits by killing/infecting other players and buy a lot useful things, like weapons and improvements for them, different bonuses and power-ups e.t.c.
*A simple system of commands, such as "Help me!" or "Get over here!" that you can send to your partners.
*The creator of the server is considered to be the administrator. Admin can manage the game as he wants via the game menu.
*Gifts - random objects that are randomly spawn in the beginning of each round. By collecting the gifts you can get a very useful bonus, which will change the result of the game or will give you a very negative effect.
*Headshots. I guess you know what it is.
*Combo-sounds system (Double kill, Multi-kill, killing spree e.t.c.). You can choose male or female voice of the announcer.
*And many other features which you can find in the modification...

Today I released a big update for this modification which contains an english translation/localization and a lot of new features
More information about update here. Unfortunately, in russian.

Download

"PKM" is a multiplayer modification, primarily focused on cooperative mode.
Unlike any other modifications for Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter, this mod brings you a completely new experience.
There are no Mental or Sam here. This is a different game with rude and dark postapocalyptic world. Zombies invaded the earth, and you start as a usual survior with no supplies , and our only goal and desire here is to stay alive.

Features of the project:
*The player always wants to eat and drink. Watch out for the indicators of food and water, or you risk to die of starvation!
*Brand new feature in Serious Sam modifications - inventory! You can carry up to 21 items in your backpack + 5 quick
slots for your weaponry.
*Huge amount of different types of weapons in order to satisfy every gamer's preferences.
*Brand new enemies with different behavior.
*NPC-bots helping you at the quest missions.
*Saving player's data on the server. If you were accidentally disconnected from the server - don't worry, just reconnect and you'll find yourself in the same place as before, with all those parameteres and loot that you had before the disconnection!
*You can get different items and objects by killing zombies: from the usual food supplies to rare items, such as, for example, keys which will help you to live in your own house!
*Level up by killing enemies. By unlocking new level, you'll be able to get access to the more dangerous locations.
*Create your own groups with another players to get more loot, go on the raid bosses and level-up faster.
*Crafting. You will be able to craft your own items - from a sandwich to a rocket launcher.
*Multiple objectives - you can go to the Resistance Center to learn how survived people got there and to complete a series of quests, or you can simply hang around, exploring the various locations and find some rare new items over there, or to find out what caused the zombie apocalypse.
*The more experienced players will be able to take over a much bigger territories, like military bases, by performing a certain quest or clearing the area.
*And of course the charming and evil atmosphere of a dangerous postapocalyptic world, filled with a lot mysteries and dangers, while the most unknown of them - who is your friend and who is your enemy.

SoundCloud
http://specialarad.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/soundcloud-icon-32x32.png
Link

Last edited by Heming_Hitrowski; 07-23-2016 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
</3

King of the Cathedral

Default Re: Heming_Hitrowski showcase

Woow Herming awesome your showcase
What did/do you code?
Old 09-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

This seems like an impressive but tough mod to work on. It's looking very good so far and I wish you luck in this project
Old 10-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heming_Hitrowski View Post
Today I released a big update for this modification which contains an english translation/localization
Yes! Finally.

What about translation for the other one?
Old 10-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Louva-Deus, yes, i think.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Old 11-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

We are planning "New year patch" for The Grand Plague

it contains a lot of coop mode content
1) Remake of level "Bridge" from old The Grand Fight
http://st-games.ucoz.net/TGP/newBridge1.jpg
http://st-games.ucoz.net/TGP/newBridge2.jpg

Main battle demonstration on youtube

2) updated survival level from old The Grand Fight: Night operation in Vasilyevo
http://st-games.ucoz.net/TGP/newVasilyevo1.jpg
http://st-games.ucoz.net/TGP/newVasilyevo2.jpg

old version of this level, demonstration on youtube

3) My old level from my old modification "Serious Fight 2011". In this level you dont have any weapons, but you have "Focus" ability which can help you to solve some puzzles

Demonstration on youtube

4) New enemy WIP - Hope Ripper

http://cs14115.vk.me/c625618/v625618155/b624/XvQePa5VZ9Q.jpg
Old 11-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I remember playing the grand plague but there was a problem. I think I recall it said (this was like 1 year since I did so) you are gonna be infected in 30 secs and never got to play as the human character.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Buzzy, The Grand Plague is deathmatch modification and you need at least 2 players on your server to play it.

(in updated TGP you will see a message "plague cannot be initialized - waiting for players")
Old 11-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
</3

King of the Cathedral

cool enemy!! So which gamemodes are in this mod?
Old 11-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Mkbewe, TGP of version 0.58.2 has 4 gamemodes:
1) The Grand Plague (Zombie mod)
2) Subtype of The Grand Plague: Monsters mod - fight versus AI (enemy called deadborn and a lot of zombies)
3) The Going Postal
4) The Grand Protection (coop)

also check TGP wiki - it is almost done
http://st-games.ucoz.net/index/tgp_wiki/0-11

Last edited by Heming_Hitrowski; 11-22-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
</3

King of the Cathedral

Is TGP 0.58.2 the last version or do you plan to update something more?
Your website if fine
Old 11-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Mkbewe, we are planning 0.58.3 (new year) update.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heming_Hitrowski View Post
Buzzy, The Grand Plague is deathmatch modification and you need at least 2 players on your server to play it.

(in updated TGP you will see a message "plague cannot be initialized - waiting for players")
Oh Okay thank you. I'll play with somebody else then . Thanks.!
Old 11-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Hi guys, we want to gather players for a deathmatch game in The Grand Plague (Serious Sam The Second Encounter 1.07). So if you are interested just type "i'm in". We are planning to make game this saturday, at 14:00 GMT.

Last edited by Heming_Hitrowski; 11-26-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:47 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

I've released new additional .dll for SS: The Second Encounter 1.07 on serioussite.
Check it!
Old 05-19-2015, 06:34 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Looks cool. You should re-post the info here in English. What kinds of things can you do with it?
Old 05-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Advanced Monster & Item Classes is a new version of extended classes library for Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, which opens up new opporunities and a convenient access to fine-tuning of various parameters of the in-game items and characters. With this standalone and separate DLL, you can easily create a lot of new custom gameplay elements in your maps or mods, like a new types of enemies, health-kits or ammo. You can also radically change the look of the in-game objects, turning your map or mod in a unique and different creation, without the need of any programming or editing the original DLL-files. Advanced Monster & Item Classes is a very useful tool for modding, that makes mapping easier, actually speed up the process of making maps and allows you to create interesting, varied and spectacular projects.

Main features:

Standalone, independently linked library, which does not require replacement of any of the original files - just put the files into the root directory of your game or mod and start editing. This method is very useful for making standalone maps with brand new features, without the need to make a separate mod folder for your project.

Convenience and a wide range of settings for each class makes it easy to deal with changes in a variety of settings both for experienced mappers and even for newbies, who opened editor for the first time. You can find all the new features of classes at the top of the list of every entity. Changing these values is fast and intuitive.

Wide customization of the enemy classes. Now you can make almost completely new enemy in your map or mod, without leaving the editor window. And not just the enemy. A huge number of new customization options for the majority of enemies allows you to drastically change the usual creatures: set a new model or texture, specify a new type of projectile, configure their damage and health, set the time of showing blood, the number of body parts, add stunning visual and gameplay effects, and so on. All these features will help you to make some really unique enemies... and not only this...

One of the most interesting feature of the library is an ability to create an individual groups of the opposite enemies. Just specify one single option in your enemy's parameters and you will see how Mental's minions fighting with player and each other. And if it's not enough for you, then you can make a group of friendly monsters that will fight on your side against their own ugly relatives! Believe me, this is a show you'd like to watch all day long.

In addition to the customization of enemies, the library allows you to make a simple and useful changes of various items, such as the appearance and functionality of ammunition, health-kits and armor. For example, in two clicks you can turn a medkit into a bottle of whiskey or apple, or change the boring 'picking-up' sound of the ammo to your own, or offer the player a poison instead of health, removing the specified amount of health points, and so on.

Download
Old 05-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
</3

King of the Cathedral

Great work! I always like your stuff. I have to you one question. Can you make a program similar to SeriousRunner (it can create own visible server)?
Old 04-30-2016, 11:22 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

The Grand Plague event!
In 45 minutes:
Build: https://yadi.sk/d/sNO9GAxbrQftZ
IP: 78.138.172.173
port: 25600
You're welcome)
Old 04-30-2016, 02:13 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Great idea, but the execution leaves quite a bit to be desired. Like the spectator cam, for example. Or how dark some maps are.

Those animated map thumbnails are awesome though! How did you do them?
Old 04-30-2016, 02:16 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

The level list display accepts any .tex file, so you could create a bunch of .tex files and create an animated texture out of that. The game prefers LevelnameTbn.tex over Levelname.tbn anyway, while the editor prefers the other.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 04-30-2016, 02:53 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Why does that benelli m4 in the screenshots have the ejection port on the left side? Also it looks like it has smoothing group errors. And why is the hud icon from a franchi spas-12?
Old 04-30-2016, 03:15 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

GoG, eh, forgot about the icon x) This is WIP level from old The Grand Fight, and I replaced franchi spas to benelli, because benelli was in original version of TGF.
Btw, the grand plague tomorrow anyone? Fixed some bugs in code, seems it's better now.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Sure, if you tell me how you did the animated map thumbnails (specifically, the moving around thing)
Old 04-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Camera/Camera marker?
Old 07-23-2016, 12:13 AM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

http://cs631523.vk.me/v631523155/3cb0f/dFg-dff-LuE.jpg
Hello again, I want to gather players in The Grand Plague because it's UPDAET TIEM!
You can meet Konneys - new bosses with abilities to evade attacks, revive fallen zombies, give invulnerability, rotating player to 180 deg and rushing to him.

Demo Konney vs Konney
I'm planning to start server in 27th of July, so please write if someone want to play.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:38 AM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Are we getting an English translation?
Old 07-23-2016, 12:42 AM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Louva-Deus, there is already english translation, since version 0.58
Old 07-23-2016, 02:00 AM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー