Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 06:59 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

A question that is bubbling my mind every day. Are we some kind of things that came from the universe like stars or something, and are those stars like things called souls? Do we travel from the far universe to earth, where there are conditions for a live form to exist. And now we find a specific life form or god gives it to us the day when the "babies" brain is formet completley and we enter his brain cells and find ourselfs a so called physical body. I believe that the human soul is deep inside the brain cells, cause our behaviour and our personality etc. it's all in there. So when that physical body dies does he live this planet? Or when it's in near death does the person die and see the bright light, the path to Jesus Christ his saviour. And the moment he has to chose to die and go with him in the beautiful place or to keep on living on the ugly place. With him knowing that he/she will be missed and also that he/she will miss someone. If he/she chooses to continue he/she can never know if he/she will be him/her self again, maybe he/she can walk or can't speak or can't see anymore. And if he/she chooses to die and go with Jesus Christ where do you go? To so called paradise or to the world that I believe that I call the Beyond and somewhere known as the Infra-world. So into the beyond the soul finds other souls that look like their physical bodies looked like. And find many of their friends and families that have died along time ago and meet up with them again. And then maybe after along while the same soul enters another physical body but with removed memmory most of it and this people are the ones that lived before and now they live again in another body.

Or does that soul go into another physical body for example an animal which is known as reincarnation. This question started bubbling my mind when my friend told me when his grandpa died, day after his funeral a cat came to him. And he never had a cat as a pet before. What is more interesting is that this cat looks like the cat that his grandpa gave to his mother along time ago, when she was little. So this situations is giving some big chances that reincarnation is true.

And one last thing. Because we can't remember when we were in our mothers stomack and when we were born and how exactly. We mostly remember things from when we were three years old. So I think this is caused by our brain being too small and not able to contain such memmory and when we get older our brain gets stronger and smarter and it's able to carry more memmory then before so is it just our brain that lives and then when we die do we just dissapear?! It cannot be a dream like thing because when we dream we are not concious but our BRAIN has blood flowing in it but when a human DIES his brain doesn't have blood flowing in it anymore. So what happens next? Is it just darkness forever or the soul which I believe that it excists, goes in to the beyond world and sees his god and other souls fammilies, friends etc. that came into this world before him.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:07 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson
 
noam2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
 
noam2000 is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

mhm.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star
 
Devostator's Avatar
 
Seriously! Creative Moderator
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
 
Devostator is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Very interesting topic tbh, I've always believed that here is usually just nothing, we die and all that, but who knows about the possibilities we don't know.
All I can say about this is:
YouTube Video: I have no idea
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
「HORY SHET」
 
Sedinus's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Kurwaland
 
Sedinus is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
bubbling my mind every day
I believe you intended to say "boggling".
__________________

Last.fm | MyAnimeList.net
S!'s MVP (Most Valuable Pole)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Germany
 
Gnaarwarian is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Simple Solution: Simply resign from the church and already one saves himself such questions, Church-expensive and regulations about sex.

Every religion is superfluous.

In principle, it is only about it the old men with white beards control of money, power get women and a group of people.

Never trust Best in a religion itself on it a lunatic (also prophet called) in a desert appoints sometime more than 2000 years ago sometimes some visions has agreed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

@Sedinus
I mean bubble, and please explain the world you said.

@Gnaarwarian
The religion is not my point. Every religion has different god so instead of Jesus they see someone else.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO
 
Finzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Whatshisoffice
 
Finzy is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

I'm open minded about it. Afterlife that is. I think it's a possibility that God exists and that there is some grand reason why we live our lives, and some kind of afterlife, but which kind of God/afterlife it is, I'm not sure. I'm not a super religious guy but I like to think that there is more purpose to humankind than just being some rotting atoms. That's why I believe in Christianity's teachings in general, on a princible level, not like it was 100% proven scientific fact or anything. (That's what religion is about imo: believing in something, not because you know something)

Last edited by Finzy; 06-21-2014 at 02:52 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Zocky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Slovenia, EU
 
Zocky is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Well, i'm probably gonna ruin the mood here, but there it goes:

If you loose your arm in accident, you will not have that arm, like ever, right? You can't work with that arm, you can't eat with that arm, you can do anything, because you don't have it, right?

Well, so, if my arm rots, if my brains rots and turns into pasta once i'm dead, if my stomach and internal organs rot.....i mean, what kind of answer do you expect? My opion? At that point, i'm dead, there is no god out there that can help me at that point.

Now, we all like stories about after life, it kinda makes it easier for us to accept dead if there is something after it, but that doesn't have anything to do with reality, just because we want it to be like that. At this point, we have no reason whatsoever to think there is anything after life, on the contrary, everything we learned so far, leads to the possibility that there simply isn't anything after death.

And i also don't think there is any meaning to life, that's again mostly because somehow it makes people easier to get day-by-day, if they have someone watching over them.

But again, while that's a nice though, it has nothing to do with reality, at least from what we know so far.

Still, as i see it, scientifically speaking, in order for you to exist, from the day when first life came to existence, to your birth, there had to happen soooo many events just the right way, that it's really a miracle that you exist, and for that reason, all the more while it my sound as i have depressing view over it, ..for that reason, it's even more so why you should respect your life now, while you live, and get most out of it, because it really is a miracle.

We all are miracle on our own in that way, that's why i don't get it why people need to look at god and afterlife and look for the meaning of life...just enjoy you freakin life, and in process try to make life easier for other people aswell. Think about afterlife once you get there, if at all...And worry about god once he/she/it addresses you....


There, happy?
__________________
My Art Thread: link
UDK map - Yakushi-ji Temple wip
My portflio:
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky

Last edited by Zocky; 06-21-2014 at 03:34 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO
 
Finzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Whatshisoffice
 
Finzy is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

That's just the scientific way of looking at it.

And if life is such a miracle as it is, wouldn't that just signify that there's some reason for it in the first place? Why would it happen against all odds? Why was there a big bang? Science can never answer those things, it will always take faith.

Last edited by Finzy; 06-21-2014 at 04:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Zocky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Slovenia, EU
 
Zocky is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Oh i think you greatly underestimate science there, mate.
Science can still give much more plausible explanation about those than any other religion. It may not have all the answers now, but it still gives better explanation than just calling it "eh must be god or some other being"....

Of course there is reason. It's just when triggered by certain events.

It's like lottery. What's the chance that ...dunno, Joe just won the lottery, against all those odds? Almost zero. And yet he did. One would say it's a God thing.

But, if you go a bit farther and see the bigger picture, you'll see that every week you have such miracle, because every week someone wins the lottery.

So, while for that Joe it was a miracle, it's not mirracle in the bigger picture.

But dunno, i really can't follow your logic..."I don't know what it is that causes something or at least it doesn't seem possible, so i'll make up something that is far less possible and take it it must be that"......But that's probably topic for some other day.....
__________________
My Art Thread: link
UDK map - Yakushi-ji Temple wip
My portflio:
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky

Last edited by Zocky; 06-21-2014 at 04:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum
 
jiminator01's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
 
jiminator01 is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

One idea is that there is existence, it is one thing, consciousness, that you can call "god". This consciousness is having a dream of physical life. It is everything in the dream, all people and all objects, all souls within people. In the same way we have our own dreams, which appear to be real. One dream ends, another begins or we wake up for a time.
__________________
~It takes a village to raise an idiot~
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
...
 
AntonioR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
 
AntonioR is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Let me tell you two things:

1. Religion and the meaning of life - As far as I know none of the big religions has the answer to this question. What does Christianity and Islam say "Be good and you will go to heaven". Hinduism says "Be good in this life, so it will be better for you in the next one". Basically all they give you is hope that some day, in some life, things will get better if this one doesn't really work out for you.

2. Afterlife - Even if there is afterlife what type of "you" is going there ? We can all agree that we are defined by our physical body and our thoughts/mind, and that the body falls apart and wont go anywhere.

Then it leaves that other part. The problem is even your thoughts/mind are influenced by your physical body. You are not the same "person" when you are calm, angry, sad or horny. You are not same person when you are sober, when you are drunk or under influence of drugs. If hormones or chemicals can change what you are both physically and mentally, then even the mind is of this world.

What is left then for the afterlife that is YOU ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

@jiminator01
But when you dream you are alive! When you are D-E-A-D your brain is not working you are DISABLED. You can't dream, you can't think, you can't see, you can't smell you can't do S***!

This is like the universe has no beggining we don't know how it started and we never will... But maybe we can know something about death. I developed this new theory of mine that we are from the far universe and we just found a physical body.

@AntonioR
And those things stary with your soul. So when you live your physical body you have all that information, maybe you will loose your character (Evil, Horny, Dump etc.) and feelings (Pain, Depression etc.) but you will still have your memmory.

@Zocky
I also agree with your theory and with that I say, don't watch yourself too much, have fun do anything cause you live once and don't be a p**** your whole life.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO
 
Finzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Whatshisoffice
 
Finzy is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zocky View Post
Oh i think you greatly underestimate science there, mate.
Science can still give much more plausible explanation about those than any other religion. It may not have all the answers now, but it still gives better explanation than just calling it "eh must be god or some other being"....
Well let me know when science knows exactly why the big bang happened and what caused it, and what kind of afterlife we'll get.

You missed my point, which was that there are some things science will never be able to explain. And also, the way I see it, "some big bang happened" is about just as vague as "God did it" to me. But whatever, people are gonna argue to hell on religion threads anyway so I'll leave it at that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Zocky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Slovenia, EU
 
Zocky is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Even if we go by your logic finzy, there is still difference, even for big bang, there are theories and at least some sort of indications that it happened, if not proof, which is still far far more god did it.

Finzy, look, problem is, your way of thinking is not new, it's been excuse from religious people throught all history. Eh science has no proof for this and that, so there must be god. And after scientist finally proove that one thing, people just jump on the next one.

You can turn things around as much as you want to, but there is still more evidence for big bang than there ever was for god's existence, let alone him doing anything.

I still don't accept the "there are things science will never explain". Not now, not in 100 years maybe, but some day, it may.

Even than, i don't know why i would choose that one God among milions of gods that "existed" in all history. Or for that matter, why not simply choosing ...say, giant pink elephant, if we already take blind random pick...

Really, this is again the "A doesn't give full explanation of certain situation, so i will pick B, that doesn't give any explanation whatsoever or rather, evidence for it. " I just don't get you people.

I mean, sure, if christian god was the only god ever mentioned in history, and you could actually atleast find some sort of evidence he actually exists, let alone him actually creating universe....

But we have milions of religions, most of them having their own idea how the world as made, why should anyone think that this christian god is any different from those others....

Oh well, either way, this probably isn't the right thread for this....

But, even if the god actually created universe, i really don't see how that really answers anything. You just relay problem to god, but you still have same question. How did he create everything, why, what was the meaning, etc.....You still know nothing. So that's really not alternative explanation to anything.

It's same as if saying aliens created us. Sure, but how does that really tell us anything? Who created them in that case? And just like that, who created God?

Marko,
Even memory is part of our physical body. Hack, was reading somewhere that there may be a possibility that information are somewhere else than just brains, in some other organs to, atleast some form of memories, but i really don't know much about it....VArious accidents can lead to long and short term memory loss from what i know, so that suggests again that it's simply physical thing. So i agree with antonio here.
__________________
My Art Thread: link
UDK map - Yakushi-ji Temple wip
My portflio:
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky

Last edited by Zocky; 06-21-2014 at 07:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum
 
jiminator01's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
 
jiminator01 is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko Dzoni View Post
@jiminator01
But when you dream you are alive! When you are D-E-A-D your brain is not working you are DISABLED. You can't dream, you can't think, you can't see, you can't smell you can't do S***!

This is like the universe has no beggining we don't know how it started and we never will... But maybe we can know something about death. I developed this new theory of mine that we are from the far universe and we just found a physical body.
an experience is happening. right now your experience contains a body, thoughts, emotions. the components of your body are continually being substituted, but one day another type of change will happen and you will be considered "dead".

What is time? It has been called an illusion, something to keep everything from happening at once. Is it real? because in physics it is just another dimension. so look at time. Here you exist. Here you don't. Why?
__________________
~It takes a village to raise an idiot~
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:32 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

I personally believe in some sort of reincarnation. It would be boring otherwise. Not to mention that energy is not destroyed nor created and our conscious processes and whatnot are energy too, so who knows what happen to it.

Or maybe when I die, someone will kiss me and my Dream Self awakens. And then dies on the Quest Slab and becomes god tier.

I don't really think much about things like this anymore, I'm more focused on life than death.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:39 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson
 
noam2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
 
noam2000 is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

I Believe that when you die you die. like,thats it. poof. no more. no more SS for you buddy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:46 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Zocky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Slovenia, EU
 
Zocky is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I personally believe in some sort of reincarnation. It would be boring otherwise.

So, if i wish to have one milion dollars and think it would be boring otherwise, i'll become milioner over night just because it would be boring otherwise? Damn, i gotta try that...
__________________
My Art Thread: link
UDK map - Yakushi-ji Temple wip
My portflio:
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:22 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

That's because you're boring.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:02 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO
 
Finzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Whatshisoffice
 
Finzy is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

@ Zocky

Science can explain that some big bang happened, but it cannot tell WHY it happened (WHAT reason: WHAT purpose: WHY do we live, WHAT is the goal). It's always just stating FACTS, without explaining the WHY. I find it funny that for some people, science is their new religion, that they'll believe anything it states without doubt. Even though science is more often than not faulty as we are constantly expanding our awareness about things and finding new theories. So can it really be relied on to be absolute proof? (in this kind of "work in progress" theories at least: for something that can be proven to be true, it's a different case obviously)

I don't think humankind will ever be able to exactly explain the ****ing inner workings of the universe, it can think it understands, but it doesn't. That's just my 2 cents, take it or leave it but don't think I'm making excuses or whatever bullshit, it's just my opinion so deal with it.

Last edited by Finzy; 06-22-2014 at 06:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:06 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
「HORY SHET」
 
Sedinus's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Kurwaland
 
Sedinus is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Since nobody really knows what happens after you die, I want my brain (along with the personality, skills and memories storied in it) to be kept in the stereotypical 'jar' to be later implanted into a cybernetic body.
__________________

Last.fm | MyAnimeList.net
S!'s MVP (Most Valuable Pole)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:07 AM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminator01 View Post
an experience is happening. right now your experience contains a body, thoughts, emotions. the components of your body are continually being substituted, but one day another type of change will happen and you will be considered "dead".

What is time? It has been called an illusion, something to keep everything from happening at once. Is it real? because in physics it is just another dimension. so look at time. Here you exist. Here you don't. Why?
I was talking about time yesterday, about the future and the present and the past. We excist in the past and in the present and we don't know about the future. You've got a point here!
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:10 AM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by noam2000 View Post
I Believe that when you die you die. like,thats it. poof. no more. no more SS for you buddy.
It's not about me. Of course we do so many things we learn and all that shit but we end up the same as everybody, we are dead.

I recently lost someone in my family and it got me thinking where is that person now. And everytime I look at a picture I get this feeling like that person is here, is watching me now when I enter that persons room.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:13 AM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedinus View Post
Since nobody really knows what happens after you die, I want my brain (along with the personality, skills and memories storied in it) to be kept in the stereotypical 'jar' to be later implanted into a cybernetic body.
You will be you again. I think thats how it goes. Basically you are stored in that jar. And your physical body, thats just garbage it helps you navigate trough this physical world.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:15 AM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO
 
Finzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Whatshisoffice
 
Finzy is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedinus View Post
Since nobody really knows what happens after you die, I want my brain (along with the personality, skills and memories storied in it) to be kept in the stereotypical 'jar' to be later implanted into a cybernetic body.
I wonder if that ever becomes a thing. Would be pretty amusing if Futurama came true and we'd have talking heads in glass jars from years past all over. Bet that technology wouldn't be very accessible to the poor like ever, though.

You'd have to figure out how to make dead brains live again first though...

Last edited by Finzy; 06-22-2014 at 06:21 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:16 AM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedinus View Post
Since nobody really knows what happens after you die, I want my brain (along with the personality, skills and memories storied in it) to be kept in the stereotypical 'jar' to be later implanted into a cybernetic body.
I want my mind to be uploaded on the internet as an immortal virus that can't be deleted.


When it comes to science, what I think is that it's wrong to think science as something that gives facts and answers, but as a set of methods to discover the truth. When you say that "Science says there's nothing after death", then you are not really respecting science there. We don't know what is after death, so we must use scientific methods in finding out what is it. I've said it many times that Faith and Science actually go well together. Back in the olden days, gods existed as a sort of old-science: People seen things like lightning, and they said, it is created by the lightning god. Now, you have to have faith in the theory you want to prove. Be it the M-theory or relativity or that third thing I don't remember right now, all three are contending to be the Law That Explains Everything, yet none of the theories have been proved, and the theories themselves are also mutually exclusive in some aspects, meaning, that pursuing those theories' proof would be putting Faith into that theory's potential truth. And, well... there's a reason many scientists are actually religious.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.

Last edited by Solais; 06-22-2014 at 06:39 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
「HORY SHET」
 
Sedinus's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Kurwaland
 
Sedinus is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

@Finzy - 'jar' is just a placeholder I used for whatever device they may invent that allows all data from a person's brain to be stored on it. Hell, after I die I wouldn't mind being a pendrive if that meant keeping my memories forever.
__________________

Last.fm | MyAnimeList.net
S!'s MVP (Most Valuable Pole)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

I think that this jar thing could be possible, cause some agency is able to suck the memory out of someones brain and place it into another one. BUT all of our memory and knowlage and s*** I believe can be placed in a "jar" but once science or doctors or whoever can successfully do a BRAIN transplatation. Two things that can't be transplated Brain and Eyes.

But since a very long time ago some mad scientists were able to do a HEAD transplantation, maybe some people today can do it....
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Zocky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Slovenia, EU
 
Zocky is offline
Default Re: Life, Life after Death and Reincarnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
@ Zocky

Science can explain that some big bang happened, but it cannot tell WHY it happened (WHAT reason: WHAT purpose: WHY do we live, WHAT is the goal). It's always just stating FACTS, without explaining the WHY. I find it funny that for some people, science is their new religion, that they'll believe anything it states without doubt. Even though science is more often than not faulty as we are constantly expanding our awareness about things and finding new theories. So can it really be relied on to be absolute proof? (in this kind of "work in progress" theories at least: for something that can be proven to be true, it's a different case obviously)

I don't think humankind will ever be able to exactly explain the ****ing inner workings of the universe, it can think it understands, but it doesn't. That's just my 2 cents, take it or leave it but don't think I'm making excuses or whatever bullshit, it's just my opinion so deal with it.
SCience explains WHY something happens, it just happens to be boring answer for some of you.

As to the "science more often than not is faulty"...that is just big ass lie. Not trying to insult or anything, you are right to have your opinion, but in my eyes, that is a big ass lie, since you yourself are using so much stuff that WORKS as science, that it's really funny to say something like that.

I wrote wrong reply and managed to shut browser before that, so i'll just post this link as reply:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OtFSDKrq88

And if you are comparing science to religion...guess you do not know what science is then. Because science is exactly NOT religion.
What you may be refering to, are theories that are not completely proven yet. In that case, yes, scientist must take into account that the theory may be wrong. Because it's just that, theory. But even then, evolution theory for example has tons of proof, much more so than any religions has.

The problem is that as Tyson says, we kinda want to look at us, humans, as the center of universe. As if we must be something special in the bigger picture. We just want to think that there must be some special meaning to us being here, that when science says something like "certain chemical events happened that led to us being here", people kinda don't take that answer, because they don't like it, because that would mean that god didn't create us for some special reason, and we are here for some random event.

You ask if poeple can rely on science? Well as with all things, you have to be a little careful. Good thing with science is, that more often than not, you can test it yourself, or at least you can study it and see if it atleast makes sense theoretically.

I can't say with 100% certainty that there is not indeed some higher purpose to us being here, but as it stands right now, there is 0 reasons to believe that to be the case. I mean, why would i think so? Because some guy wrote a book 2milenium or even less, ago? A book that noone can test it? If so, why should i belive christian religion's explanation and not muslims, or budhist, or mayans or whatever. Many of them are mutually exclusive. Which makes me wonder why i would belive any of them in the first place then, with lack of any evidence?

Again, don't get me wrong, you can have your opinion, i'm just wondering why should i myself believe that and not science. At least when it comes to science, when you apply tested science, you can drive a car, a plane, you can create complex structures, you can create power plants, you can create computers and so on, and they will all work.

You ask if we should really trust science 100% and yet we pretty much are doing so. Maybe not 100%, but very near. If you are driving a car, use computer, use elevator, use mobile phone, etc, i think you already know the answer to your question...


And solais, of course many are still religious, even nowdays you it's almost a crime not to be religious...you kinda don't get to have much chance here, and especially not in past. Look in USA, say that you are atheist and try to run for president. Let me know how well that went.
__________________
My Art Thread: link
UDK map - Yakushi-ji Temple wip
My portflio:
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky

Last edited by Zocky; 06-22-2014 at 07:21 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.