Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Default Post your achievement problems and bugs here! (to help Croteam fix them!)

Hi everyone!

I've noticed that there have been several threads here discussing problems with achievements in Serious Sam 3. Some of the the problems I've seen include completing a level, but it not registering for the achievement, achievement progress being deleted randomly and achievements not being rewarded even though you did what it wanted you to do (such as beat the game in single player).

Anyhow, the point of this thread is to make one large database for achievement-related problems so that it's easier for Croteam to diagnose the problem and fix it (thanks Solais for the idea!). Posting here is easy; just say what happened, and I'll add it to the original post. You don't need to be detailed. You can say something as simple as "i beat the final boss but it didn't register the "completed game in sp" achievement". More details, such as as screenshot of your achievement progress for ones that aren't registering, would be nice, but anything helps. You can also link to other posts about the subject, and I'll add them here.

If you've found a solution, post it here! I'll see if I can squeeze in it somewhere.

Enough of my talking; here are the achievement problems and bugs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by utgort View Post
It is not a connection problem. Several of the achievements do not stick. By that I mean they do register and are shown if you check. Then some random time later they become undone. It was a pain in the ass to get several of the achievements. But this one is the worst since it does not identify which level you need to do over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon99919 View Post
Hi guys! I was just trying to make Old School achievement. I did it to the Unearthing the Sun, and played it awhile. At that moment, all previous levels were fine. But when I defeated the boss, The Silent Riddler just deleted itself from the progress!

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5562/notworkinge.jpg

Can that be because i used C4s for defeating the Khnum which can be take as a secondary fire? Please, help me. I won't try to make that achievement until I will find out what's the problem, because I'm kinda worried that all my progress can be deleted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by utgort View Post
No I agree that there is a bug in this achievement tracking. With me it was map 5 Under an Iron cloud was shown as having been captured for both Old School and Are You Serious. Then after playing several more levels it became unchecked for both achievements. After completing the game it did not award the achievement until I replayed that map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noam2000 View Post
first of all,im new here in seriously so im sorry if im posting in the wrong section or something,ive been a big fan of SS3 for a long time. not long ago i tried playing the whole game on serious difficulty and finding all the secrets,(looked through youtube ^^),it was really tough and all,and im now at the guardian of time which only contains 4 secrets,according to the statistics ive found all the secrets in the levels (expect for the guardian of time because im still in it),but my "top secret" achievement shows me that i only done 106/118 secrets and not 114/118.
it maybe not a serious problem but could you please help? i want to get all the achievements,thanks a lot,the noam2000

EDIT:even worse,i just completed the game on serious difficulty with all the secrets and didnt got any achievements,please help! i dont want my hard work to be for nothing.
If you have any achievement-related problems, please post them here!

Last edited by Squadala; 09-30-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

Default Re: Post your achivement problems and bugs here! (to help Croteam fix them!)

great idea! hope croteam will see that,i did got the bug where one of the levels become undone and thats the reason i didnt got the serious achievement,but it wasnt a big problem,because i saved near the end,so i just came to that save,and quickly beat the level and got the achievement,so i recommend saving at the end of every level,so if youll get this bug you could quickly go to the save and finish it,it will still be better if croteam just fix it,they still got to fix the secrets achievement,i found all the secrets and stuck on 109/118,i cant find more 9 secrets when they dont exist.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default Re: Post your achievement problems and bugs here! (to help Croteam fix them!)

Всем привет.
Скажите пожалуйста,
как решить проблему при установке Steam, ошибка 1606 не удается найти пусть к сетевому диску.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default Re: Post your achievement problems and bugs here! (to help Croteam fix them!)

Всем привет.
Скажите пожалуйста,
как решить проблему при установке Steam, ошибка 1606 не удается найти пусть к сетевому диску.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

привет maks

First of all, I don't think many people here speak Russian, so at least use a translator; second of all this thread isn't about installing Steam.

Regarding your problem:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1293617

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;886549

It seems you have some broken entries in the Windows registry. You should look for support in the Steam forums, people there are more likely to be able to help you.

(And remember, Google is your friend.)

To everyone else: Yea, I know I'm 9 days late here and also offtopic, I don't really check the tech support forum that often, but this is a sticky thread and it seems an interesting enough error, so I see no harm in posting.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

I didn't get the single player completion nor the achievement for serious dificulty. I didnt select levels, i always loaded my saves. That's about it.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

check in the achievement what levels are missing (there are 12 squares,which is the levels,a completed level would be marked) and re-do them.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

I played standard co-op on the 7th level. From the beginning of the level (as I joined the server at the very end of the previous level) to the very end. I got a score on that level in the leaderboards.
But I never received my "Co-op Beginner" achievement.

I don't care that much about the achievement, but I do wonder what made it not to register.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Update. Started a new run and got both achievements after completing No Place To Hide.

Somewhat achievement related problems: secrets not registering. I get all the secrets on a level with text prompts for each, but stats only show 12/13 for example. (happened on Iron Cloud)
Another REALLY annoying issue is that I COULD NOT pick up a secret health on Silent Riddler. I dont have a screen becuase steam screenshots didn't work at the time for some reason, but its secret 04 in vasile's guide. In the second town closer to the sphinx there is a 25 health pack between the wall and a blue garbage dumpster. No matter how hard I tried, fidgeted, crawled, jumped around it, it would not let me near enough to pick it up. It was just stuck there and I couldn't reach it.

Btw was this tree always there?
Attached Images

Last edited by TetraFox; 12-08-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

That tree appears in December and you can do something with it for a Christmas Achievement.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

YEP
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetraFox View Post
(...) COULD NOT pick up a secret health on Silent Riddler. I dont have a screen (...) In the second town closer to the sphinx there is a 25 health pack between the wall and a blue garbage dumpster. No matter how hard I tried, fidgeted, crawled, jumped around it, it would not let me near enough to pick it up. It was just stuck there and I couldn't reach it.
Same problem here. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes I have to sprint to get it, sometimes it just won't let me pick it up at all. This is the one:
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

PS3 version have problem with "The doorman should wear a suit" trophie. This trophy can't be opened.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

CT knows this one, but currently have no time to fix it yet, due to working on their new game. Creating patches for consoles is harder to do for the PCv ersion, and the PC version wasn't patched for months either.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:33 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Not a bug, but the survival achievement is just HARD any map suggestions to try this? I love to get 100% in games but I don't want to just hope for the best .. my time is limted these days.

I also need practice for the final level no deaths/saves .. but I think after practice on the boss this shouldn't be too bad for me.