Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3 > Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop

Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 3: BFE projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Post Serious Sandbox: BFE

Hi guys! A lot of you have been asking about a GMod-like mod for Serious Sam 3. Well, it was pretty secret, but now I have to tell you, that I'm working on some sort of it.

What's gonna change? For now, I got two changes that will completly fit Serious Sam games, and make the name of mod kinda good then.

1. Sandbox Gamemode

Same way of sandbox i Garry's Mod. You choose a map, you are running on it, and you do what you want. You can spawn items, enemies and other stuff... I don't know how it will work further, because I never touched Serious Engine, and I don't know it's possibilities with my programming skills. I'll explain later on that post what do I mean by that.

2. Scriptification

Have you ever played unofficial expansion for Heroes III called In The Wake of Gods? It's idea was to make game as you want to see it by modifications and scripts. You could change your game style by turning on/off scripts before map loading. I want to bring that system for Serious Sam 3 too. Before map loading, you could choose from a lot of scripts how you want to play your map today. The basic scripts idea for now are:

Old School - something for old school lovers. Reloading is turned off, same sprint and iron sights. For exchange you will get almost no recoil for all weapons, ability to rocket jump, and auto-fire (you can't fire with shotgun by just holding mouse button, you have to repeat that).

Replacer - usefull tool for somebody who would like just to play game with more stuff. This script will for example replace old enemies with some new ones which will be set up inside script by you. What that means? You will install Solais new enemies inside mod, and in game in script options you could choose what enemies you want to replace with new ones.

That's in fact that for now! Of course I got a couple ideas still inside my head (like multiplayer game saves for coop games), but it needs fully operational SDK.

Still, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do something from this. I'm not promising anything. I just want to make it for test if I can make something with programming. I did some stuff in the past, but I don't know how I'll make it out with SE3.5 engine. It will take a lot of time, but who knows - maybe it will work, and maybe you would like to try that.

Tell me what do you think, and maybe post your own suggestions. Cheers!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Serious Sandbox: BFE

Have you used the Wire Mod for GMod? Being able to make complex contraptions and scripted events using wires would be nice.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
Have you used the Wire Mod for GMod? Being able to make complex contraptions and scripted events using wires would be nice.
Yep, I'm using Wire Mod.

I would like to make some sort of that thing as well, like events for spawning monsters which can be done in-game, but of course as I said: I can't promise anything. ^^

But I would like to make it, so I'm just waiting for SDK, and while it's still not out, I'm making what I can for mod (like color shemes, new menu, that stuff).
Old 02-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Sounds interesting enough. Let's see what becomes of this.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 02-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Good luck, man. I'm interested to see where you get. If possible, port over some SS HD enemies... heheheheh

My name is Mongo, and I like Gnaars. And Cookies. Mmmm... Cookies!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Good luck with that project!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

You can start by making a simple test level with buttons for spawning different stuff maybe (dunno though since I can't even get non-CT switches to work with enableusage ). Gonna need insane Lua skills though. So good luck. And yeah you'll need the SDK for anything more complicated than that.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
You can start by making a simple test level with buttons for spawning different stuff maybe (dunno though since I can't even get non-CT switches to work with enableusage ). Gonna need insane Lua skills though. So good luck. And yeah you'll need the SDK for anything more complicated than that.
I am not really into mapping, but into codding. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Good luck, man. I'm interested to see where you get. If possible, port over some SS HD enemies... heheheheh
Thanks!
Porting all enemies would be cool, but I think I got better idea... If we can port enemies, why also not all maps, weapons, items and even old gameplay style? This could be really hard job, and I think the better idea would be just making Serious Sandbox: HD if SDK will show it's code too. If there won't be code for HD, well... I'll try to port stuff then. ^^
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Wow, that sounds like quite a challenge, but it definitely sounds incredible. Best of luck to you!