Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3 > Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop

Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 3: BFE projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Post My serious sam bfe review

Hi there im big sam fan and I must say that serious sam 3 its great game compared to the new fps games like call of duty battlefield etc..but its far away from the epicnes that Serious Sam TFE and TSE are.
The level design is realy poor the spaces must be alot more larger like the previous games,the first 4 levels i was very disappointed with them almost no weapons and the same enemy's and awful secrets,which are realy stupid compared with the old ones like the phone booths which are missing,the new secrets are placed stupid and you must do some parkour stuff which its not funny and waste of time.
The items like invulnerability and serious damage are missing and they were realy cool.The new models are okay the only one im very disappointed is the Arachnoid which sound and model was a lot more better then the new one.
The weapons are average the call of duty weapon its realy disappointing compared to the good old tommy gun,the old revolvers were 10 time better then the new one,my favorite weapons the flamethower and the sniper rifle are missing,well the sniper is there but its useles with this 10 ammo even with cheats it sucks with this 10 ammo,and the serious bomb its missing
The multiplayer its not the best either,i only have a few versus servers which are almost empty hard to find a proper one the co-op its average its hard to play with more then 8 people the enemy spawns are small and easy to kill,using a rocket luncher in this tight levels is suicide becuz every time some one pops up in front of you.The survival its Okay... but you run out of ammo very soon like in the 8th minute if you are wiht 8 players and becomes stupid and hard ;/ and there are only 2 survival maps, i hope they put the old tse maps in bfe.
The Healt packs and the ammo were ALOT more better,i liked how they were in the air and the models were beter and bad ass in the previous games,and the ammo bags were really good but i guess croteam like all other game companies decide to make the game more realistic which kills the fun.
So i give this score
level design- 5/10 its like other persons were making this levels
Enemy's 8/10 a few of them were missing but they are good
Difficulty 6/10 there could me alot more
graphics 10/10 i dont really care about graphics but the graphics are really good
Secrets 3/10 Awful
Music 7/10 Not as epic as the previous games
Weapons 5/10 ALOT of them are missing and ignored
Multiplayer versus 6/10
Multiplayer co-op 7/10 but they could be much more better
I hope they fix this things in the next sam game becuz after i finish playing bfe i back to the old tse which is sad
EDIT
I forgot to say that the reload time its really anoing i dont know why they put it .

Last edited by Roy O'Bannon; 01-13-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Default Re: My serious sam bfe review

yes the ammo in the other games is far greater, i use weapon cheats in the latest game, because this makes up for the lack of ammo..... but i only use the extra ammo, i ignore all the guns earlier only... only use them later.

it is an insult in a FPS to not get enough ammo

yes, the secrets are a waste of time finding, these should be really spectacular and odd/ quirky...... not ammo, tiny little side missions/ battles.

secrets should be time portals, something that bulks up the game !

SS is a great shooter but it's too old fashioned and too linear/ simple
Old 01-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
and the serious bomb its missing
No it isn't.

It's just not included in the game.

A lot of this review seems to be "The game isn't like SS1"
Old 01-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
No it isn't.

It's just not included in the game.

A lot of this review seems to be "The game isn't like SS1"
So its missing
Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Something can't be missing when it was never intended to be there.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Exactly my point.
SS3 wasn't designed to include the Serious Bomb.

It would have made the game too easy.

Same with the Chainsaw.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

One or two bombs wouldn't effect the game if there were more enemy spawns like the tse.