Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Question Custom Levels for Serious Sam HD 1st / 2nd Encounter & Serious Sam 2 (ii)

Hi, can somebody explain how to play user maps from this forum
that I have downloaded and unpacked in the SS1E / SS2E / SS2
corresponding directory (which I bought with Steam).
I start the game, I shows the normal levels not the custom ones.
What now?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Default Re: Custom Levels for Serious Sam HD 1st / 2nd Encounter & Serious Sam 2 (ii)

Don't unpack them.
They're .gro files.

Just place them in the main game folder.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default Re: Custom Levels for Serious Sam HD 1st / 2nd Encounter & Serious Sam 2 (ii)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
Don't unpack them.
They're .gro files.

Just place them in the main game folder.
Ok, found it out in SS2 it's easy, just go to custom levels.

Now I need to figure out how to start them in SSHD 1st encounter and 2nd encounter. If anyone has an idea, please post.

Thanks in advance for sharing

Last edited by sareks; 03-14-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareks View Post
Will do, now how do I start them? What to do to play them?
Start up TSE HD, but select "play moddable version" when it first boots up. After that, start the game like usual and check out the "single player" menu. If it worked, you'll see a new menu named something like "Squadala's cool map!" underneath the usual "South America", "Persia" and "Medieval" options. That menu has the custom level you've installed. Click on it, then start the level.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadala View Post
Start up TSE HD, but select "play moddable version" when it first boots up. After that, start the game like usual and check out the "single player" menu. If it worked, you'll see a new menu named something like "Squadala's cool map!" underneath the usual "South America", "Persia" and "Medieval" options. That menu has the custom level you've installed. Click on it, then start the level.
K, here's what I did, I unpacked the zip / rar files in the SS HD 2nd encounter directory (I tried the root, then the one that had the other .gro files in)

Then, I did what you said, yet the files didn't show up in the single player campagne selection menu... not sure what to do now...
Old 03-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Depends on which maps you've downloaded.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Depends on which maps you've downloaded.
Ok, I would only use the corresponding maps, like SS2 for SS2, SS1stE for SS1st E and SS2nd E for SS2nd E.

As for SS2 it works just by putting the .gro files in the SS2 directory and starting the game then choosing custom maps.

Not sure how to deal with SS1st and SS2nd Encounter. Can you explain me step my step what you did, and exactly in which directory etc.?

Thanks again
Old 03-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareks View Post
Ok, I would only use the corresponding maps, like SS2 for SS2, SS1stE for SS1st E and SS2nd E for SS2nd E.

As for SS2 it works just by putting the .gro files in the SS2 directory and starting the game then choosing custom maps.

Not sure how to deal with SS1st and SS2nd Encounter. Can you explain me step my step what you did, and exactly in which directory etc.?

Thanks again
Make sure the levels you're downloading are for the HD version of Serious Sam. The HD version cannot play levels designed for the original game.