Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Talk about the stuff that makes you jive! Music, art, movies, anime, TV, YouTube, whatever! You can even show off your creations here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-11-2016, 01:12 AM   #271   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched

Watched Hitman Agent 47. Excellent. 9/10
Old 02-12-2016, 01:09 AM   #272   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Galaxy Quest.
Was fun to watch, maybe because I'm into star trek.
That's why I got its sense of humor.

9/10
Old 02-12-2016, 01:39 AM   #273   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

That was a fun movie.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #274   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

Deadpool - 8/10

I enjoyed it a lot. Well worth seeing in the theater. I told my nephews of 10 and 12 that I wasn't going to take them, and as it turns out I had good reason. Beyond the cursing and violence (which they have been exposed to in movies for forever), there was nudity and pegging. Wasn't expecting that last one, and I don't want to have to explain that one to the kids. And yet they would have been the youngest accompanied minors in the room... I don't get how some people can oblige these things...
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 02-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #275   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Had to google pegging lol.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #276   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I'm really excited to see it, planning on either going tomorrow or Monday. I am half tempted to reinstall Deadpool and play it again in preparation. I'm not surprised that kids ended up in the theater. A lot of people I've talked to had no idea it had an R-rating. It only takes one viewing of the uncensored to trailer to understand why But yeah, I imagine there are a bunch of kids that just see the commercial on TV and think it is another typical superhero movie and beg to go watch it.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #277   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Had to google pegging lol.
Yeah, me too.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 02-14-2016, 03:48 AM   #278   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

I did not have to google it.

I give Deadpool over 9000 out of 5.

Finally, someone else who talks like me. Woo!
Old 02-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #279   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Finally got to watch Deadpool in the theaters yesterday. I went in with high expectations... and was not disappointed in the slightest. I knew it was going to be a winner from the opening credits....
"DEADPOOL... Starring... The Sexiest Man Alive... A Gorgeous Babe... A British Villain... A Gratuitous Cameo... Directed by an Asshat Loser..."
(not really spoilers, since it is just the opening credits and nothing story related, but just don't read if you don't want a single joke spoiled ) After that, the jokes just picked up from there. I really liked how they handled the Origin story through multiple flashbacks so that the movie didn't become bogged down in a 45 minute Origin story like most other superhero movies. My wife was skeptical about going and wasn't really excited about the movie. But the movie won her over within the first 10 minutes and ended up being glad she went.

Definite 9.5/10. Only reason it isn't a perfect 10 is because I walked away wanting more, I really hope there were cut scenes that make it to the DVD. Though I imagine with the tight budget, there probably isn't much fat that was trimmed.

I'm loving that this movie is absolutely shattering records. It now has the highest grossing box office weekend of any R-Rated movie, ever (Previously Matrix: Reloaded). Highest grossing box office weekend for a February release, ever (Previously 50 Shades of Gray). And it has had better opening weekend sales than the following superhero movies: Watchmen, Ant-Man, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man 2, even Guardians of the Galaxy. And to think, this movie almost didn't happen because Fox didn't think it would have strong enough sales, or the irony It is great to see what kind of support a fanbase can garner, since they really helped the movie happen. There were plenty of fourth-wall jokes in the movie alluding to production costs. I love this because it pretty much guarantees a sequel at this point.

Oh... and I did end up playing through the Deadpool video game again... in two sittings The humor still held up and was cracking up just as much as I did the first time. The game is short (around 5-6 hours) and the combat is repetitive, but dear god the jokes are hilarious... if you like fart joke humor.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:53 PM   #280   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Watched Kung Fu Panda III
Didnt like it.
It was trying too hard to be like 1 was, and failed.
Had a few chuckles, but no real laughs or really cool moments.

Kung Fu Panda I - 5/5
Kung Fu Panda II - 3.5/5
Kung Fu Panda III - 1/5
Old 02-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #281   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Kinda weird, I heard the opposite of your opinions about that franchise, as in, it keeps getting better with every movie.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #282   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Watched Zootropolis the other day. Best laugh I've had in a while. If you like the not-new-anymore wave of animation movies that started back with the early Pixar movies and movies like Ice Age, then I'm sure you'll enjoy Zootropolis as well.

It's targeted at an older audience (e.g. Finding Nemo, Ice Age, The Incredibles), rather than aiming for little kids (e.g. Cars). Full of references to known movies and other stuff and little details that complete the picture.

Would probably rate it at a 9/10.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:22 PM   #283   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

@Solais
Well, it seems my opinions differ from a lot of peoples.

@Jasser
Oooh, I love the Ice Age movies (gunna wait til the new one comes to cable though, the trailer didnt make it look very good).
Also, love the 'older audience' thing with animation movies (Shrek 1 was one of the best, total mature audience stuff).
I might have to check that movie out.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:54 PM   #284   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Beasts of No Nation. Gritty, morose, uncompromising, brutal, and very well made and acted. Definitely a 9/10.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:03 PM   #285   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Watched Deadpool and Zoolander 2 last friday. Deadpool was pretty much as good as I hoped/expected it to be. It totally delivered and was pretty damn good.

Zoolander 2, I came in not looking up any reviews beforehand and I had a lot of fun with it. Then when I got home I saw that a lot of people on the internets think it's crap... Well. Shucks. I liked it.

I went and saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies today. It was alright. Probably won't be making my "top favorite" movies this year. I didn't like some of the jump scare loud sound effects they used a few times, they were quite annoying... Edit: I haven't read neither the original book nor the parody, nor have I watched the Pride and Prejudice movie. So I went into this without knowing anything about the general story arcs that are being parodied with zombies and stuff. I'm not that big a fan of zombies either, but the premise just seemed stupid enough that I would consider watching the movie. I liked how sometimes they'd be talking about various things and suddenly *oh, I guess we're fighting zombies now too*

Also, I rather liked the way D'Arcy was played. He seemed so stiff and awkward in a kind of funny way.

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 02-19-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:26 AM   #286   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
Watched Kung Fu Panda III
Didnt like it.
It was trying too hard to be like 1 was, and failed.
Had a few chuckles, but no real laughs or really cool moments.

Kung Fu Panda I - 5/5
Kung Fu Panda II - 3.5/5
Kung Fu Panda III - 1/5
wow falling low...
Old 02-20-2016, 05:47 AM   #287   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Good Will Hunting: Emotional film, it's a pretty good watch, 8/10.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #288   Add To Ignore List  
Mr. Kebab

Seriously! Super Gopher

Watched Creed:

http://dl9fvu4r30qs1.cloudfront.net/16/5f/4f87040e46bb8fabc1ede304b504/creed.jpg

A new legend started! Former world champion Rocky Balboa's legacy continous with a spin-off.
Of course he is not the one that fights, he is the coach like in 5th movie.
New guy is surprising, its Apollo Creed (Rocky's former opponent, later friend)'s son!

I loved the movie! It had really nice moments. Especially during Adonis Creed's match, there were some throwbacks to Rocky's match vs Apollo, which made me happy to recall the moments! Sylvester Stallone's performance was awesome by his age. The film had its action scenes, sad scenes, funny scenes.
Its being told that sequel is on the way.

I would give its score 8 out of 10. Rocky fans will like this movie, i'm sure

NOT Official 42 Amsterdam.net Administrator Anymore
(Feel free to contact Alex, if you have anything to ask about 42 A'dam servers...)
Old 02-21-2016, 06:18 AM   #289   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I took my girlfriend to see Skullpoopl yesterday, and I must say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
Finally got to watch Deadpool in the theaters yesterday. I went in with high expectations... and was not disappointed in the slightest. I knew it was going to be a winner from the opening credits....
"DEADPOOL... Starring... The Sexiest Man Alive... A Gorgeous Babe... A British Villain... A Gratuitous Cameo... Directed by an Asshat Loser..."
(not really spoilers, since it is just the opening credits and nothing story related, but just don't read if you don't want a single joke spoiled ) After that, the jokes just picked up from there. I really liked how they handled the Origin story through multiple flashbacks so that the movie didn't become bogged down in a 45 minute Origin story like most other superhero movies. My wife was skeptical about going and wasn't really excited about the movie. But the movie won her over within the first 10 minutes and ended up being glad she went.

Definite 9.5/10. Only reason it isn't a perfect 10 is because I walked away wanting more, I really hope there were cut scenes that make it to the DVD. Though I imagine with the tight budget, there probably isn't much fat that was trimmed.

I'm loving that this movie is absolutely shattering records. It now has the highest grossing box office weekend of any R-Rated movie, ever (Previously Matrix: Reloaded). Highest grossing box office weekend for a February release, ever (Previously 50 Shades of Gray). And it has had better opening weekend sales than the following superhero movies: Watchmen, Ant-Man, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man 2, even Guardians of the Galaxy. And to think, this movie almost didn't happen because Fox didn't think it would have strong enough sales, or the irony It is great to see what kind of support a fanbase can garner, since they really helped the movie happen. There were plenty of fourth-wall jokes in the movie alluding to production costs. I love this because it pretty much guarantees a sequel at this point.

Oh... and I did end up playing through the Deadpool video game again... in two sittings The humor still held up and was cracking up just as much as I did the first time. The game is short (around 5-6 hours) and the combat is repetitive, but dear god the jokes are hilarious... if you like fart joke humor.
I completely agree with this. It was everything I expected of it and more. I don't feel they ever resorted to cheap comedy in the movie.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #290   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Glad to hear you were able to convince the lady to go with you
Old 02-21-2016, 04:42 PM   #291   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

So am I. It was better than she expected, too.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #292   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

The Martian - 9/10

Awesome movie. I really felt bad for him after the airlock broke. He almost seemed like he could have been content up there right before that happened.
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 02-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #293   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Watched The Green Lantern:

7/10

It was pretty cool and also funny but I feel there was not enough backstory for the others. It overall felt too short.

Guardians of the Galaxy:

10/10

Just a must see.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:47 AM   #294   Add To Ignore List  

I've been watching a lot of weird movies from 1970-1990ies. Started off with The Omen (1976) and its sequels, the ones made people shit their pants back in the seventies and eighties. And continuing with movies about the Book of Enoch.
I did look around and found out most these weird movies were banned. Yeah, it has been a while since the last time I saw a mother ironing her own baby in a movie.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #295   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I should probably post it here as well. Watched Star Wars 7 is glorious 1080p60fps (one reason why I only watch movies at home, besides cinemas being expensive, dirty, sticky and loud).

As a movie in general, it was a really really fun movie that I enjoyed a great deal. If I enjoy a movie a great deal, then I consider it a very good movie

As a Star Wars sequel, however, it is a really really bad sequel, with many many problems. Nevermind it being a New Hope reboot, because that was actually the least of my problems.
Most of my problems was that things kinda were bigger, but felt much smaller than the originals.
Also, the planets sucked ass, none of them looked like alien planets, just "Tatooine-without-the-two-suns", "Forest Planet 1", "Forest Planet 2", "Forest Planet 3 with water and brooding missing jedi", and "Death Star with a spoon of Hoth". Sure, Star Wars always had problems with unique alien planets, but it was still better than this, especially the spectacle of the prequels.

Also, Kylo Ren shouldn't have removed his mask, he looks like a giant dork. Dorky McDorkson.

But I do like the new characters and the story that was set up, even if it feels kinda weaksauce. I'm hoping the next movie will be much more bolder in direction.

But nevertheless, still a very fun and enjoyable movie.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #296   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I finally bought Omega Man Bluray. I love this movie soo true 70s
Old 03-24-2016, 10:41 PM   #297   Add To Ignore List  

I recently watched some amazing movies for a change;

First one was Coraline, a stop motion film from 2009. I know it's technically not an animated film, but I would put it on my list of all time favorite animated films. I though it was actually a 3D film with some groundbreaking realistic lighting, since I wasn't even aware stop motion can look that good. The lead character is wonderfully animated, she is more "real" than any 3D character I can think of. The story, the characters and pacing is just great.

The second one was Donnie Darko. I wish the ending was a bit different, since I was expecting that he was actually completely gone crazy and that the whole movie he is imagining things, but whatever. The pacing and the way the story is unfold was great, I enjoyed it very much.

The same goes for Bridge Of Spies. If that movie was 5 hours long I could watch it in one sitting. Not sure how much of it really happened and how much filler Hollywood added, but I enjoyed it from start to finish. Tom Hanks really showed he is still a great star.

Last edited by AntonioR; 03-24-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #298   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I recently watched some amazing movies for a change;

First one was Coraline, a stop motion film from 2009. I know it's technically not an animated film, but I would put it on my list of all time favorite animated films. I though it was actually a 3D film with some groundbreaking realistic lighting, since I wasn't even aware stop motion can look that good. The lead character is wonderfully animated, she is more "real" than any 3D character I can think of. The story, the characters and pacing is just great.
Ah yes, I watched it because it's a friend's favorite movie. Really good!

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 03-27-2016, 07:24 PM   #299   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Watched The Martian with family.

Absolutely brilliant movie. We originally watched both this and SW7 again (as my parents didn't see that the first time), and even though my parents were always more about SW, especially my mother, the next day, they pretty much forgot it existed (they also felt the same thing as me, that while the movie was fun, it lacked impact), because The Martian was just SOO GOOD, we talked about it for hours.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #300   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I recently watched Batman v Superman. To me it's a good movie (7/10), though my friends rated it between that and 9/10. But I saw reviews saying it was less than 50% which i think is ridiculous.. I remember my brother was going to watch Martian but didn't end up going so I'm hoping to see that soon.