Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Serious Sam HD FAQ

Serious Sam HD FAQ
(written and maintained by Spoon and Fiendian)

Table of contents
1. How can I enable cheats?
2. What are the system requirements for the game?
3. I heard that the retail version of the game will require Steam, is that true?
4. Is there a demo for the game?
5. When will the retail version/XBLA version be released?
6. How many levels/secrets/enemies does the game have?
7. Where can I find my ...? [Sub-items: 6.1 Savegames, 6.2 Config data, 6.3 Log files, 6.4 Screenshots]
8. Will there be a Second Encounter HD?
9. Is there a dedicated server app for Serious Sam HD?
10. I heard there is no deathmatch/editor/SDK. Will they be released later?
11. I don't like auto-jump and/or dynamic crosshairs. Will this be fixed?
12. Is there a demo recording functionality in the game? And what about timedemo for benchmarking?

1. How can I enable cheats?

To enable cheats, hold shift and press F3 F4 F3 F3 F4. This will unlock an option in the pause menu (bound to the End key), where you can find several cheats such as giveall, god mode, etc. To disable cheat mode, use the same key combo. To access the cheat menu, press the End key. Note that while cheat mode is enabled, no scores will be submitted to the leaderboards, and no achievements will be unlocked.

Under no circumstances should you use external cheats! Such as memory editors. The game actively detects these in different ways, and if you're caught cheating thus, there will be repercussions. So don't do it.

2. What are the system requirements for the game?

Quote:
    Minimum

CPU/Processor: Intel P4 3.0GHz or AMD Athlon64 3500+
    Graphics Card: 256MB VRAM Graphics Card that supports DirectX 9.0c with Shader Model 3.0 (i.e.; Nvidia GeForce 7600-series, ATI Radeon X1600 or better)*
    RAM: 1GB for XP or 2GB for Vista
    Hard Drive: 1GB of free hard disk space
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
    Operating System: Windows XP (32bit or 64bit) with Service Pack 3 or
    Windows Vista** with Service Pack 2
    DirectX: 9.0c
    CD/DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM

Recommended

CPU/Processor: Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+
    Graphics Card: 512MB VRAM Graphics Card that supports DirectX 9.0c with Shader Model 3.0 (i.e.; Nvidia GeForce 9800-series, ATI Radeon HD 4850 or better)*
    RAM: 2GB
    Hard Drive: 1GB of free hard disk space
    Sound Card: 5.1 Surround Sound DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
    Operating System: Windows XP (32bit or 64bit) with Service Pack 3 or
    Windows Vista** with Service Pack 2 or Windows 7
    DirectX: 9.0c
    CD/DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM

Additional Info

* Integrated video controllers (Intel Chipsets or similar) are not
    recommended or intended for gaming and may not work with this game.

** You will be required to install DirectX 9.0c to run the game.
    DirectX 9.0c is included with this copy of the game.
  3. I heard that the retail version of the game will require Steam, is that true?

Yes, it is. All PC versions of the game, including the version that can be purchased from Get Games, require Steam to work.

4. Is there a demo for the game?

Not at the moment, but a demo has been announced as of today, 4th December. You will get a chance to try the Karnak demo level in the HD glory before you decide to buy the full game.
    Full announcement here.

5. When will the retail version/XBLA version be released?

No press releases have been made for the retail box release, but here are some per-country stats:
    Austria, Germany and Switzerland: December 10th, 2009 [Confirmed] (Thanks, Pulverdings!)
    United Kingdom: January 29th, 2010 [Unconfirmed]
    Slovakia and Czech Republic: January 31st, 2010 [Unconfirmed]

As for the XBLA release, it has been confirmed that it got pushed all the way to January 13th next year.
    News item here.

6. How many levels/secrets/enemies does the game have?

As of now there is no confirmation of new levels or different enemy placement in HD. But new secrets that do not exist in the original have been confirmed, and perhaps there are more new goodies waiting to be discovered.

7. Where can I find my ...?
    • Game saves: Steam directory/userdata/Steam accountID/41000/local/SeriousSamHD
    • Configuration data: Steam directory/userdata/Steam account ID/41000/local/SeriousSamHD
    • Log files: Steam directory/steamapps/common/serious sam hd the first encounter/Log
    • Screenshots: Steam directory/steamapps/common/serious sam hd the first encounter/Temp/ScreenShots

8. Will there be a Second Encounter HD?

You bet! It has been announced that Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter will be released early 2010 for PC and consoles.
    Full announcement here.

9. Is there a dedicated server app for Serious Sam HD?

Not yet, but it should be added in a patch in the coming weeks.

10. I heard there is no deathmatch/editor/SDK. Will they be released later?

These are to be added in future patches.

11. I don't like auto-jump and/or dynamic crosshair. Will this be fixed?

These were made optional in the first patch.
    Auto-jump: Make sure your copy of the game is updated, then fire it up, open the console, type plr_bAllowPlayerAutoJump=0 (case sensitive) and press Enter. This will disable the auto-jump feature.

Dynamic crosshair: Make sure your copy of the game is updated, then fire it up, open up the console, type hud_bFixedCrosshair=1 (case sensitive) and the crosshair should change to a static state.

12. Is there a demo recording functionality in the game? And what about timedemo for benchmarking?

This feature is being worked on. It is currently in the game but disabled. It will be enabled in a future patch (likely the next patch) when Croteam have tested and ironed out the glitches.

Last edited by Fiendian; 12-14-2009 at 10:19 AM.