Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default My Weight Loss and Health Journey Begins! (Warning: May Cause Blindness)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/10547553_10202398915236041_6270628263940409257_n.jpg?oh=fd0a65cd7884bf9d981667ded2cc77ad&oe=54378035&__gda__=1413584675_28077096760b3e03e0fd39cea78bb4b1

Don't worry, that searing pain in your corneas should go away in a few minutes. Eye drops might help.

Okay, self-deprecation aside, I'm currently as at 345 lbs./156 kilograms and I'm undertaking the high-carb/low-fat/whole-food plant-based diet after watching the documentary Forks Over Knives.

YouTube Video: Forks Over Knives

Stay tuned for monthly updates! Wish me luck!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:28 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Default Re: My Weight Loss and Health Journey Begins! (Warning: May Cause Blindness)

you can also try juicing for a couple of weeks... http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ on netflix
Old 08-07-2014, 02:36 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Default Re: My Weight Loss and Health Journey Begins! (Warning: May Cause Blindness)

Good luck man. Kicking sodas away and only having 1 a day and proper exercise made me lose 15kg and I feel like a new man, I hope this new life style makes you feel the same.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:36 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

@Jim Juicing? Nope.

@Pan Trust me, this is going to be WAY more substantial than giving and soda and exercising. But I'm still glad that did you some good.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

I know that. My point was losing weight made me feel so different, so your changes should hopefully do what simple changes did for me.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  

Good luck and be patient.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Best of luck to you! I have slowly been shedding weight for the last year or so. I stagnated in the last few months, but have finally kickstarted my regiment again last week. My best advice would be to surround yourself with accountability partners that keep you in check. If you only rely on your personal willpower, you will be much more likely to cave in. Don't think of it as a "diet", think of it as a "lifestyle". This shouldn't be a sprint, but rather a marathon. There will be times when you cave, or you gain weight in a week, but don't let that discourage you. As long as the broader trend is downward, you are making the right choice.

I'm not sure if you plan on implementing a workout routine to complement your your diet, but I have been using a great jogging app, called Zombies, Run! They have a couch to 5k supplementary app that gradually increases the intensity of your workout. The first workout is fairly easy with repetitions of 1 min walk, 15 sec run, and then a 10 minute set your own pace. Each week slowly implements less walking and more running. It's been pretty successful for me, and the online features are pretty interesting, with achievements and maps of the route. The storyline is pretty interesting and keeps me motivated to continue running to find out more. You can see more at their website: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
Old 08-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
</3

King of the Cathedral

Good luck! You can do it!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:47 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
Best of luck to you! I have slowly been shedding weight for the last year or so. I stagnated in the last few months, but have finally kickstarted my regiment again last week. My best advice would be to surround yourself with accountability partners that keep you in check. If you only rely on your personal willpower, you will be much more likely to cave in. Don't think of it as a "diet", think of it as a "lifestyle". This shouldn't be a sprint, but rather a marathon. There will be times when you cave, or you gain weight in a week, but don't let that discourage you. As long as the broader trend is downward, you are making the right choice.

I'm not sure if you plan on implementing a workout routine to complement your your diet, but I have been using a great jogging app, called Zombies, Run! They have a couch to 5k supplementary app that gradually increases the intensity of your workout. The first workout is fairly easy with repetitions of 1 min walk, 15 sec run, and then a 10 minute set your own pace. Each week slowly implements less walking and more running. It's been pretty successful for me, and the online features are pretty interesting, with achievements and maps of the route. The storyline is pretty interesting and keeps me motivated to continue running to find out more. You can see more at their website: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
I am fully aware that this is a lifestyle and not just a diet. I plan on doing this indefinitely. The beauty about the high-carb, low-fat, whole-food plant based diet is that you can consume unlimited calories without gaining weight or even ceasing weight loss. As for exercise, I live right next to a small mountain, I guess I can hike up that.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:35 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Good Luck

I decide to lose weight in late 90's I starve myself to 67kg from 105 kg lol

I start to freak out because I look like skeleton...how ribs and pinpoint shoulder and bont hips...and I feel weak...and I start eating a lot of foods...anyway what for worth..I feel good for about 5 years thin after that I start to fat again...
Old 08-15-2014, 01:55 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Cuppa tea?

Running/walking is the best thing for your body, especially if you aren't used to it, Just ramp up slowly and you will see the #s disappear...
Old 08-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Holy crap, it's Arch!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Cuppa tea?

Haha, I still lurk around on occasions . I've been traveling a lot these past few months though, so my PC has been mothballed for a while :p.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Wow, seeing another oldie return, welcome back to the forums, before I saw you in some old threads when I didn't join the forum yet and wasn't able to
Old 08-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
bad avatar edition

Best of luck, you're gonna need it.

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 09-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

And I'm down to 339.6. Slow and steady is the way to go.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
JETROID!!

Good job so far! What is your target for the end of this month?

Wow you failed so much in Life, that you need such things as fun. - Gnaarwarian
Last hax0red by Jetroid; 01-01-1970 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I don't really have a target. What I lose is what I should lose.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:05 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAngus View Post
I don't really have a target. What I lose is what I should lose.
Yes don't stop....keep walking....
Old 09-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Good luck to you with your efforts.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

UPDATE ???
Old 09-29-2014, 11:17 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

On the 1st.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Woops. I made the mistake of drinking a ton of water before the weighing so the scale is saying 337.8. The proper weighing will have to wait until tomorrow. Hopefully I don't mess up again.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Okay it's actually 335.8. Weight loss should speed up this month because I started lifting.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Don't forget when you start lifting you might build a little bit of muscle so the pounds might go up a little but don't worry
But you are going great so far keep it up
Old 11-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I know I said this last month but things are SERIOUSLY going to pick up from now on. I mean it.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
JETROID!!

Progress is progress.

Good work.

Wow you failed so much in Life, that you need such things as fun. - Gnaarwarian
Last hax0red by Jetroid; 01-01-1970 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Good job with it!
Old 11-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
「HORY SHET」

Don't worry, I know the pain. In fact I had to start losing some layers myself, because when I finally gathered up the courage to step on the weight, the shock was so great I almost fell off of it. Two weeks ago it said I was 153 kg, or 337.3 lbs, so I bought a used cross-trainer and it's been doing wonders. Yesterday the weight said I was 148.7 kg / 327.8 lbs. 4.3 kg in two weeks is not too shabby. I don't really follow a diet, but excersise daily, doing 1 hour sessions of an intense fat-burning program that I have to set up myself every time. The only downside to it is that I have to keep myself entertained, and it's becoming more and more difficult to find good, interesting 1 hour long videos.

And I also stink afterwards. I can easily tell when the cross-trainer has had enough - it starts to creak horribly with every move I make.

Last.fm | MyAnimeList.net
S!'s MVP (Most Valuable Pole)
Old 11-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Okay I have a bit of a confession to make. For the larger portion of my life I have been yoyo-ing between starving and binging. I wouldn't quite call it anorexia but it was quite bad, bad enough to do considerable damage to my metabolism. Before this most recent attempt at weight loss I had went through my latest period of saying "f*ck it" and throwing on the blubber. As you saw in the OP I nearly hit 350 lbs. two and a half months ago and have barely lost 12 lbs. since then. It's not the ineffectiveness of my diet because, trust me, you can not lose weight more slowly than I am on it. And honestly, I don't feel like doing gruelling exercise because this diet is going to dispose of ALL excess weight without it. I'd rather be patient.