Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic > Serious Sam Classic Workshop > Serious Sam Classic Mods

Serious Sam Classic Mods General mod discussion for Serious Sam 1 goes in this forum, also any tutorials/tutorial requests that have not been added to Serious Sam Wiki yet.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2004, 06:42 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Mr. Magnetichead is offline Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Magnetichead Send a message via AIM to Mr. Magnetichead Send a message via MSN to Mr. Magnetichead
Default Serious Slug: A serious Sam 2 Mod.

Come on, how about it? a Metal Slug mod for SS2...

Whos up for it?
Old 04-11-2004, 02:25 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Talking

I would like to see a Doom mod since there are so many similarities as I'm sure we've all noticed. It's not like if they make the mod I'll stop playing Doom so there's no reason to worry about copyrights. If I made a game half as good as Doom was and someone made a mod for it in some other game I would take that as flattery. I would play it and see how well they did but I would enjoy it. That's just the way I think...
Old 04-12-2004, 07:13 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Leprechaun, BOO!

Earthling is offline Send a message via ICQ to Earthling Send a message via AIM to Earthling Send a message via MSN to Earthling

I think it's a bit early to be starting mods, but by all means, have fun. Though, like with all mods, the guy who's doing the mod must be prepared to do 90% of the work, unless you're sure that the other team members are going to do stuff. If there's no money involved, there's usually not very much motivation either. You're the one that has to set the ball rolling.

Oh, and this belongs to the Mods and Total Conversion forum, so I'm going to move that there.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:00 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

maybe this is how this happened.....
Quote:
Also, there is a completely new scripting language for entities, compiled by our own compiler. That means that Visual C++ is no longer required to create mods or create new weapons, monsters or items.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:04 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew "The" Judge
I would like to see a Doom mod since there are so many similarities as I'm sure we've all noticed. It's not like if they make the mod I'll stop playing Doom so there's no reason to worry about copyrights. If I made a game half as good as Doom was and someone made a mod for it in some other game I would take that as flattery. I would play it and see how well they did but I would enjoy it. That's just the way I think...
Well you aren't the only one who would like to see that mod...DooM was (& still is) a great game...