Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2017, 11:05 PM   #271   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Re: What DRM shall SS4 have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTr1gger View Post
You could just mute the sound in system settings or in some extreme cases just unplug your speakers/headphones
But then you won't be able to hear the sweet sound of constant kamikaze screaming!
Old 05-12-2018, 05:18 AM   #272   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I really hope they dont have Denovu, AND/OR EAC. Both of those bog the best beast of a pc down to unplayable. Seriously, highs of 144's, and lows of 20's to 30's? It should not even be allowed.
Denuvo made FPS go down about 1/4 of what it should have been. EAC has been shown to cut that in half, or more. Look at Vermintide 2. Before the massive open beta, there was no EAC in the game, and it played a steady high 70's to 90's for me. Then they put EAC into the open beta (which was just DAYS before shipping), and I started getting low 20'-30's with highs of 60's to 70's. Seriously unplayable, even when you set the game to 60 fps only, it was still stuttery and in the 20's and 30's to 60's.
Since then, they have had many patches for EAC, and have fixed 'some' of the fps issues, but now I get lows of 40's and highs of 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. It is all over the place still. And, they keep having to patch because every patch breaks something from the previous patch, and lots of people cant even start the game up.
PLEASE dont use this combo.

Not that I want there to be NO drm, but seems to me Steam, Origin, and Uplay are pretty darn good at keeping the honest thieves away, and both the pubs and devs seem to make a good living off of it.
Even if its just steam and denuvo, thats much better (or, the lesser of the 2 evils) than EAC.
Lots of people got refunds just because of that last minute shennannigans that Fatshark pulled. So, if you plan on going this route, at least let the players know well up front so they know what they are getting into.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #273   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

There won't be any denuvo or such. Just the usual Croteam self made stuff.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #274   Add To Ignore List  
bad avatar edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
There won't be any denuvo or such. Just the usual Croteam self made stuff.
can't wait to fight giant invincible kamikazes

edit: but if i don't pirate the game, i would never actually fight them? :thinking:

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 05-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #275   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Hah! That is cool.
I loved hearing, and watching youtube video's of people playing against the invincible scorpian guys in 3, lol.
That takes a huge load off of my mind, because Denuvo and EAC together have ruined 2 games I like a lot already: Vermintide 2, Ghost Recon Wildlands, with just terrible FPS that dips from 20's to 45, and thats on a Titan X + GTX580 (Physx) machine! It is a horrible DRM scheme when the 2 are put together, that just kills the fps of the game. Denuvo by itself isnt 'that' bad, but along with EAC it just kills performance.

I hope someone posts up here when SS4 comes out some links to video's of people who have pirated so we can see what you guys put in the game, lol.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:56 AM   #276   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

How about Kamikazes that infinitely keep on spawning essentially forever until the player runs out of patience / computer crashes because of too much memory usage then eventually make the game run slow and perhaps, crash.

Sometimes though the giant kamikazes would be fun to fight. But if they are invincible wouldn't they keep blowing up? And then half a second later, they are still alive and then keep blowing the player up!
Old 06-09-2018, 09:15 PM   #277   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I just hope that innocent people dont get messed over.
I know I had the invincible thing on my machine for a couple days until a patch fixed it (yes, the steam version).
And, I STILL, to this day, have the dumb slo-mo effects in Mafia 2 (they were like CT's version of drm, they slowed the game down to 1 ingame second = 1 real minute) even though I have the dvd, the steam version, and the gog version.
Just dont get over zealous like last time and affect users that purchased the game.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #278   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

I'd love Sam (the player) turning into a kamikaze at some point whilst all the enemies turn into Sam and chase you down.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:38 AM   #279   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil Hilts View Post
I'd love Sam (the player) turning into a kamikaze at some point whilst all the enemies turn into Sam and chase you down.
Imagine Serious Sam with a mini-gun (or even just a colt), or the cannon, on the field, and multiply the amount of players by 100,000 (or let alone even 100 of them), if they would shoot the player all at once I'd imagine the damage, how over-kill would work, the lag, and the possibility of the computer crashing.. That would be a nightmare (for the Kamikaze) to fight 100, or even 100,000 Sams on the field at once!

Having lots of Sams blasting cannonballs within the roads in SS4 would turn it into a highway of cannonballs and destruction.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:45 PM   #280   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil Hilts View Post
^^^^
LOL

And, NO redshell either!