Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Are these good issues/bugs for a few hours of playing a game?

I was just wondering.
'IF' I were able to go back to work, and 'IF' I could find a job doing QA in the game industry, would these bugs be considered good bugs (I wasnt looking for any graphical bugs, or install/uninstall, or menu or ui bugs, just gameplay itself that was presented to us under the Alpha catagory) (also, I didnt read anyone elses feedback until that one I linked to, as thats when I quit playing, and started looking for other players issues similar to mine):
http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/...feedback-alpha

Please qa my qa'ing.
I just want to know if I have it still, anf if these would be a good representation of what you guys would expect from an open alpha test or a qa tester.
EA has a qa department about 45 minutes from my house.

Thanks.

Last edited by Dave3d; 08-07-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:09 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Default Re: Are these good bugs for a few hours of playing a game?

You make very valid feedback points, but you sound personally invested. Which is logical, you're doing QA out of love, but if you're doing it as a job you'd need to be succinct and factual, not opinionated. I'm specifically talking about this part:

Quote:
12. No ZOOM ? In a game like this? Wow. Unless that is Alt Fire, which isnt working for me, it is bad form to not have a zoom in a game like this.
Otherwise you seem to be good at finding things to fix.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 08-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, its hard to seperate what I would like to have in a game vs what their internal docs are for the game.
But, these guys seem to want feedback on how to make a game everyone wants to play, instead of just ticking off checkboxes, which I find refreshing.
Dang, when I like a game, its usually like this though. Its a love/hate relationship.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually "a game everyone wants to play" is the same as "ticking off checkboxes". As in, trying to have everything in it because it's what "everyone plays" today.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:51 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quoting the developer here:
Quote:
Thanks for joining us! We want to hear anything and everything you think of the game in an effort to make it better! The team here at Boss Key Productions is going to take some time to make some changes, so stay-tuned for the latest.
So, yes, they want to hear EVERYTHING about what the players think about the game.
That is what I was saying is refreshing, and thats what I meant by a game that everyone wants to play (of course the people who played the game in alpha and behind closed doors like youtubers, reviewers, etc), and not just checkboxes like most devs.

Are you SURE you arent Damien_Azreal?
Seriously, you can tell us.
I know it would be embarrassing if you were, but we are all friends here (mostly).
Being blunt is one thing.
Being a dickhead while being blunt just for the sake of it is another, totally different thing.
Think seriously about what Discy said about the way you present yourself on the forums.

There you go, you made me resort to base emotion. Are you happy now?

And no, I dont think the devs are doing the whole 'be nice now, sell the game, then abandone it and the people who helped and grew a comunity'.
I really think they want to make a super great game, that people want to play, will enjoy, and grow a community, and engage with them even after it ships.
It seems genuin, unlike some other developers, or publishers, or pubs making devs be quiet.
Its refreshing, since most developers just say 'this is what we planned, play it like we want you to play it, or gtfo'. I have run across devs like this way too often in the software business. There needs to be room for feedback and change from the statement doc (I forget what the name of the doc is, its late and I am on Pain pills and zanax, so ....), and not a nazi hard line stubborn dev mentality that thats the way they wrote it, thats the way the doc says it should be, and by goly thats the way its going to ship, no matter what anyone says. There needs to be some flexibility for feedback from qa and alpha and beta testers. On the other hand, there needs to be adherence to the dev doc, and you cant just change everything everyone says to change, or you will never ship it. A nice balance of 'this is what the majority of the users want, so we better look and see if we can fit it with our vision, and timeline, and budget'. Sigh, its late, getting too tired.

Last edited by Dave3d; 08-09-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:29 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

You are overreacting over a single line I said, and you are now assuming things that I never said.

What I said, is that if their approach is "we want to make a game that everyone enjoys", then it is something to be a little wary of, because it's often a misguided effort in cramming a lot of popular things in a game. If there's a target audience, then it's already a much more stable project. It is also a comment not regarded to any sort of feedback and QA in general.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.

Last edited by Solais; 08-09-2016 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

If I were to take a stab about what Dave meant is that this game is made with love and passion about what they want to make, and not some corporate pissing contest about what might get the most money. A perfect sign is that the developers are actually in touch with their players, which is somewhat of a rarity in non-indie circles. That, in turn, makes Dave really passionate as well, which is actually beautiful.

Solais, please take note that you tend to ignore the important part and meaning of someone's post only to point out a small inaccuracy that's pretty irrelevant in the discussion. I know that you like to correct people, but it's really annoying for most people it if's done repetitively when you add nothing to the discussion at hand. It goes only so far until people get pissed off about it, and I can know. If you do feel the need to point out an incorrect irrelevancy, also try to also address the important part of someone's post lest it might be interpreted as discrediting the poster by cherry-picking your counter-points.

And Dave, no matter what don't let other people extinguish your passion. The LawBreakers devs want to hear what people think, so do what you love.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)

Last edited by Discy; 08-09-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:50 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Sorry, but I personally would always take everything with a pinch of salt, because otherwise, that passion will be either used against someone else, or will disappoint you if you get to such a situation. I do hope you don't, and I do believe that there should be proper communication between developer and user.... but let's just say, just because the devs say that they care about feedback, doesn't always mean that they actually do care. Been there before. It's like every relationship: If they show that they do care, then that's cool, but that have to be action, not words.

Not that I really know what these devs are doing, so technically, I do not really have any right to accuse them of anything. I'm just saying that one should always beware.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:17 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Yeah, I have been burned by a lot of dev companies in the past few years, the biggest being Stainless Games, with kickstarting Carmageddon Reincarnation (HUGE let down, and I dont think I would even buy another Stainless game. They lied and lied and lied, and continue to do so about the backer rewards to this day).
But, something about these guys ring true, even though I think the head guy is...not so nice a guy, or forthcoming.

But, its hard to hold back when you really enjoy something (at least for me it is).
Since gaming is pretty much my only stress and fun outlet, I tend to get 'passionate' about it (lol, thanks for that, passionate sounds better than 'fanboi' or 'fanatic', hehe).
Especially about a MP skill based game, as I have been looking for a game that is as good as Quake 3 is, so I can stop playing quake 3 completely and forever (stupid game to me is like heroin is to a heroin addict).