Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3 > Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop

Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 3: BFE projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2015, 02:09 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default How to find names/functions?

I'm trying to make a simple mod but I have no idea where to look to find just about anything.

That Lua example on the SS wiki showed me how the player can be referenced but how do I find stuff like when the player picks up an item, or the current ammo count of the player? Is there a way to check the current kill count of the level?

Trying to find anything leaves me severely confused.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:22 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: How to find names/functions?

When it comes to picking up items, the best is if you check the official scripts on the official levels. I don't think it's possible to check for the other two.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Hmm I completely forgot the level files are in there, guess it's time to play the game again to figure out if any of the levels got what I'm looking for

Though I guess I should still ask: is it possible to change max health/armor?

Changing the PlayerPuppet.ep doesn't seem to change anything, I made a simple script that gives the player 1000 hp then filters dmg to manually subtract any health and reapply the new value so that it doesn't reset back to 200 hp. At this point I need to figure out a way to filter armor/health pickups to work with this which is why I'm looking for anything, among other potential stuff

Last edited by reallygood; 06-20-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:20 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

There's a person on these forums and around the Steam forums, called Ryason. He is the de facto master of SS3 scripting in the community, you could try to ask him.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:39 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Ok I figured out a couple of things working with the editor so I might as well post it here:

You can add a specific entity to the script by ctrl+alt+shift+leftclick dragging the entity from the world view to the script box, not the other way around like I thought haha... This lets you find commands, class name, whatever. Armor/health are the same CGenericItemEntity

Pressing N shows all available entities

Max health/armor are set by the worldInfo entity, which can be selected from the all entities list
Old 06-27-2015, 03:01 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I was looking for some of the same information! Unfortunately, the Serious Sam Wiki appears to be experiencing some technical difficulty, and I'm not able to access even the baseline lua tutorials.

I was trying to read everything I could from these forums, but I haven't been able to figure out how to run a basic lua script other than pasting it into the console. I also can't figure out how to reference the player character. :/

Let me know if you figure anything out!