Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Things You'd Rather Have Than Serious Sam VR

What are some things you'd rather have than Serious Sam VR?

Here's some things I'd rather have:

A Used condom from Africa

A night with a Thai lady boy

One of Donald Trump's discarded toupees

A hive of Africanized killer bees

A used diaper dug out of a New York City dumpster

Hillary Clinton's e-mail address

Alex Jones' brain

A 7 year slave contract with a Taiwanese Girls' Generation ripoff

A marathon runner's gym socks

A rat from LA's sewer

Anhedonia
Old 06-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo

Default Re: Things You'd Rather Have Than Serious Sam VR

Serious Sam 4
Old 06-21-2016, 06:22 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Half Life 3

(Let's be realistic here)

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 06-21-2016, 06:45 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

A more reasonable and open minded community.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:11 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

A Serious Sam RV so I can go on vacation
Old 06-21-2016, 09:38 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
No no no no no.

I see this fallacy over and over again.

If you reject something that you have valid reasons for deeply resenting you do not need to be more "open minded".

I loathe SSVR because it showed it's wretched face at E3 after CT teased a new Serious Sam game. Everyone justifiably expected to see SS4 and justifiably got rippin' pissed when they got this bullshit instead.

Croteam should have kept it way the fuck away from E3 and instead revealed it immediately before it's release without mentioning a "new Serious Sam" game beforehand.

In fact, that still would have stung so CT should have paired some SS4 screenshots with it's reveal in order to soothe the pain.

But whatever, you're going to be a Croteam apologist no matter what since you work for them.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:29 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Blame the marketing guys for purposefully allowing people to believe that SS4 was going to be revealed. They got free hype for a product that probably wouldn't have gotten as much attention if people knew what it was beforehand, but they used up some of the good will of their fanbase in the process. This was a calculated decision and we'll see if it pays off for them in the long run.

I said from the beginning that it wasn't going to be SS4, but nobody believed me.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:08 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Nor I ever confirmed that it is SS4. But my lips were sealed. However, I think that after the initial reaction, people should just get over it. VR is not for them. And I really do have to stress that if there were no VR announcement, there would have been nothing else. No SS4 screenshots. They couldn't have just throw in any screenshot when there's really nothing to show.

But anyways, the comment wasn't made for only regarding that, but eh. I just wish that once Sam4 is out, we won't have anything like the whole "they changed/added to it, now it sucks" attitude as with Sam3.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:24 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Please don't generalize a whole community over a few butthurt members.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 06-22-2016, 03:45 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Please don't generalize a whole community over a few butthurt members.
It seems to be the vocal majority of the forum though..

But, looking at the general public (eg. Twitter, etc), people seem pretty positive

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 06-22-2016, 03:57 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Not really, the general vibe I get from the Serious Sam VR thread is: "I can't play it, but it looks pretty awesome," with two or three very vocal members who hate it for no real reason. That doesn't make a majority.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:59 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

*shrug*, I guess I was going off initial responses from people expecting Sam 4

Old 06-22-2016, 05:52 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

A plastic kleer

Procyon, alive... and still shining.
Check STM 1.08B for SSSE by Troy and Zeo.
French mapper and modder since 2010.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:25 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

How about a Bone Snake dildo? That way people can get really butthurt.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:37 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

I see disappointment and hating on vr in other places as well. It isn't just here.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:01 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

That stems from the officially announced VR gear price. Originally it would be relatively affordable at $300-$400 but then when the specs were finalized the designers threw their arms in the air and said: "Sorry guys, it looks like it's gonna cost more like $600-$700. Welp." Along with the fact that you need a beefy computer to even be able to use it properly. I get where the hate is coming from, though I don't agree with it. Same goes with Serious Sam VR, there was literally no way to know a VR title would be announced, so there was an initial shock and frustration, but now we're generally okay with it.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:22 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

A Serious Sam Holodeck game
Old 06-22-2016, 09:44 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I'm guessing some of the reason for the vastly increased price point is that they're including so many extra accessories with the VR headset. For example Oculus Rift comes with, what? Headphones, motion controllers and an xbox controller? I just want the headset itself, I don't need those other things. They could have sold them separately...
Old 06-22-2016, 10:16 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of Gaming View Post
I'm guessing some of the reason for the vastly increased price point is that they're including so many extra accessories with the VR headset. For example Oculus Rift comes with, what? Headphones, motion controllers and an xbox controller? I just want the headset itself, I don't need those other things. They could have sold them separately...
No. It doesn't come with the tracking controllers. (It comes with an Xbone controller though, some some weird Microsoft partnership reason.. I dunno..) This is why the Vive is currently a much better choice than the Rift, because Rift Touch isn't even released yet.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:38 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

The thing is, I want a VR headset for car racing simulators like Assetto Corsa, so I don't need any of the added controllers since I'll be using a steering wheel, and I don't want the included headphones either since my Sennheisers will definitely output better sound quality. So if I get a Rift or Vive now, I'll be paying for extra stuff I don't intend to use. I think I'll wait for a while to see if a "lite" version is released later.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Quote:
But anyways, the comment wasn't made for only regarding that, but eh. I just wish that once Sam4 is out, we won't have anything like the whole "they changed/added to it, now it sucks" attitude as with Sam3.
Hate to tell you, but no matter how great SS4 is, you will still have those comments. As a developer, you are going to have to learn to grow thicker skin and not take criticism so personally. Because the games you have worked tirelessly on will be criticized, no matter what.

Sure, there is a lot of bitching and moaning, but I see a lot of justifiable complaints and criticisms. Let's face it, the PR department royally fucked up by manipulating 10+ year fans of Croteam. The damage has already been done, and I think everyone just needs to move on.

I still think the game looks pretty underwhelming. While it does something completely new, it does appear like a gimmick. And if it is really just sitting stationary (with limited mobility) and fighting off waves of monsters, I could see it getting old pretty quick. I really wish Croteam the best and I hope the title sells well, I just remain skeptical and can't help but think it will be drowned out by the 100 other VR titles coming out in the next year.

I still have high hopes for Croteam and I will gladly be proven wrong.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:37 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

MOAR serious sam VR.

Also, i get it that not everyone is liking SSVR game, especially if they don't have VR (like you know, me ), but seriously, some of you guys are pretty much pathetic, if i can say so myself. Get over yourself, people, it's fine to say you don't like it, but to open threads like this and post comments like that opening post....What are you, 3?

NMR,
Yeah i get it that CT screwed up, was kinda stupid move on their end but....i'm really not sure if i'd say they manipulated anyone. All they said is they have new game, or new SS game, or something like that, it's people who just jumped to conclusion that AHA, that must have meant SS4. They were a little stupid to word it like that, sure, but it's still really a lot on people's fault to just assume something, when it was never stated at all that it will be SS4.
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky

Last edited by Zocky; 06-22-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zocky View Post
NMR,
Yeah i get it that CT screwed up, was kinda stupid move on their end but....i'm really not sure if i'd say they manipulated anyone. All they said is they have new game, or new SS game, or something like that, it's people who just jumped to conclusion that AHA, that must have meant SS4. They were a little stupid to word it like that, sure, but it's still really a lot on people's fault to just assume something, when it was never stated at all that it will be SS4.
I never mentioned Croteam in that regard... my assumption is that the PR came from Devolver. I believe Solais even mentioned they were throwing around the idea on whether or not to make it clear this wasn't a SS4 announcement beforehand. But yeah, I see your point. On one hand, Croteam/Devolver should have recognized that fans would be expecting a SS4 announcement and plan to handle the fallout, on the other hand fans shouldn't have had such ridiculous expectations.

I hope I'm not one of the individuals being lumped into the "unreasonable community members." I may be sounding a bit harsh in my posts. I've had some time to cool down. For me (and others), my frustration largely stems from the fact that I threw over $100 at the "Serious Sam 4 funding" Humble Bundle, even though I owned all the titles, in the expectation that I was actually funding that title. My frustration is that the money probably went to Talos development (though I have no problem with that, it was a great game) and the "backers" still haven't seen anything. I wouldn't be as frustrated if I hadn't already donated a bunch of money.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Well, as they say it in my country: "respect to the exception" and "if it's not your shirt, don't put it on". But I really did think that comment about more than just this community, but also on steam and in video and fb comments. While I do have a thick skin, sometimes it's not enough.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:23 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Yeah i should probably mentioned Devolver, not CT, but i meant whoever made that decision.

Also, dunno about solais, but nah, at least i don't lump you together with those people. We all are adults here and make harsh(er) comments, so that's totally fine.

But:
"A Used condom from Africa"....

Really? That's what i was refering to, at least, but dunno about him. At least you donated tons of money to them, so at least you have some rights to complain i guess.

Speaking of which...well, i get your point, you are not wrong to say that i guess. I guess, again, it kinda depends on the perspective. I mean, CT may made another game, Talos, instead of SS4 directly from that money, maybe even this VR.

But as a result, it seems they should be rather fine financially, so SS4 may end up being even better with this "investment of theirs". Hard to say right now with not much information, but maybe it was for the better at the end? Talos probably gave them extra money support, so SS4 might turn out even better as a result of that.

Though the waiting is annoying, i do agree with that for sure.
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky
Old 06-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

I would hope that Devolver's PR guy isn't so incompetent that he wouldn't know that anyone would think any announcement that Croteam was showing a game off at E3 would not be a Serious Sam game. And he would also know that the only game people are waiting for is Serious Sam 4, so everyone would be expecting a SS4 showing at E3.

There are only two possibilities here. Either incompetence or intentional decision. Take your pick.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:39 AM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Devolver actually said it was a VR title they were announcing before they revealed that it was Croteam, but nobody really put the 2 tweets together, lol.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:46 AM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Again, nobody had a reason to.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:17 AM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
Again, nobody had a reason to.
As a big Devolver fan, I noticed very early on

*shrug*

Old 06-23-2016, 12:37 PM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

You get a cookie 🍪