Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2003, 10:43 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Default Back from Vacation

Thought I should make a thread here and explain my situation since there was a misunderstanding in another thread about me leaving here. Better than awakeing that thread as it looked like a debate thread.
Anyhow, my nephew made a comment on here about me not coming back on here or something of that nature over a comment I had made to him.
I was really bummed out when I came back from vacation. Had been so long since I seen my family and the time there was so short. Also had been worrying about the health of my dad, that coupled with the empty feeling I had of having to leave them again. Being so far away makes it so hard to visit often enough and my parents are at the age I have begun to worry a lot about them.
So anyway, I was kind of depressed and not feeling like getting on here for a while or even my computer. Just needed to stay busy for awhile and get back into things around here again. I made some comment to him about not feeling like messing with my computer anymore or something like that and he mirrored my comments.
I don't want to get all into it as I explained it all to Crunchy, but if I do decide to leave the forums, I will at least say good bye to everyone as I feel like many of you are friends. Especially, all those of you from the WCFD.
I may not be back as much for a while though as there is a lot of work around here to catch up on. But Seriously is still a home for me too.
AS

"Get out of here Stalker!... Get out of here Stalker!"
Old 08-06-2003, 10:46 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
...is dreaming.

Oswald is offline Send a message via ICQ to Oswald Send a message via AIM to Oswald

glad to see you're back. i was just about to fire a pm to you to see where you've been and what your status was .

not many people can walk the line of 'cool' and 'trekkie' at the same time (god knows meli fell over into 'nerdy trekkie') and you walk that line to a 't'.

the few, the proud, the (oxymoron ?) cool trekkies.

Shameless self-promotion - click here to see my portfolio.
Shamelessly ripping films apart with the Popcorn Nazis.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:48 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Beware the buttcat

LactosetheIntolerant is offline Send a message via ICQ to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via MSN to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via Yahoo to LactosetheIntolerant

im a cool trekkie. jerk.

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Old 08-06-2003, 10:55 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
insert user title..

hey, good to see ya AS...glad you made it back safe and sound...
Old 08-06-2003, 11:00 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Supreme Commander

Dave the Insane is offline Send a message via ICQ to Dave the Insane Send a message via MSN to Dave the Insane

im a cool tekkie...i hope

but anyway

Its good to see you still here AS, we need our resident Alien ass kicker....no tellin where there hiding...
Old 08-06-2003, 11:08 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Welcome Back!
Old 08-07-2003, 12:19 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  

Good to hear from you AS. I understand your feelings entirely. Brother you have to do whatever it is you have to do to keep yourself together, so please don'r pay no mind to 'ol eriously here. or at least not much. We'll all be here when the time is better for you to join in the fray. Still it is good to see you posting. God love ya, Be well. To you and yours.

--Lupo
Old 08-07-2003, 12:28 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
The Village Idiot

berbano is offline Send a message via ICQ to berbano Send a message via AIM to berbano

wb AS. Do what you feel needs to be done, though I'd hate to see you go.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:31 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Southern

We'll be here when you get ready, AS. PM or email, whatever, if you just feel like talking.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:19 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Seriousy Scottish

Manicsubsidal is offline Send a message via MSN to Manicsubsidal

we won't be going anywhere soon so we'l always be happy to welcome u on a return anytime. good luck AS
The next day, on the way back to the garage, I received a call on the hands-free phone from the tracker company. “Your car’s been stolen, sir,” said the man. “I’m sure it hasn’t,” I said, “because I’m in it.”

It is important to understand that the technical beta release does not have the stability of released Microsoft software.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:42 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Welcome back AS.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:49 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Slayer of Dogma

welcome back AS.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:30 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Thanks for the kind words Os, Lupo and the warm welcome back you all. Have missed being on the forums.
Getting ready to go out of town for a couple of days and go camping. Haven't been very much this year, not since June since the trip was coming up. ( Had a nice trip and vacation BTW, just wasn't long enough)
Anyhoo, I looked outside and heard my RV's MOPAR engine crying from neglect. ( It was crying from not being on the road for so long ). So I had to knock off the cobwebs and get things ready for some good camping and fishing.
Also knew it was time to go fishing by seeing my wife getting all grumpy. When she gets that way I know she is ready to leave town and go fishing
And yes, she is a good fisherman, she out fishes me all the time, heh heh.
Yep, besides being a woman who loves computers and video games, she also likes to fish and go camping. And no, none of you can have her, she's all mine
Besides, I had to fly clear to Deutschland to get her.
Looking forward though to the weekend. This little 90 mile trip to the lake aught to be a piece of cake after driving the 3300 + miles to and from Enid, Ok from Sacramento, CA. Now that was a trip, and in a small mustang yet!, heh heh.
Catch you guys when I get back saturday.
Hey Crunchman, if you read this I may try to catch you when I get back and get that mod of DwK'sso we can do some good old fragging. Been too long.
AS

"Get out of here Stalker!... Get out of here Stalker!"
Old 08-07-2003, 02:37 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Joben is offline Send a message via ICQ to Joben Send a message via AIM to Joben

sry im late with this
wb Alien.