Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2003, 03:04 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
yaranaika?

Xaositect_Crayon is offline Send a message via AIM to Xaositect_Crayon Send a message via MSN to Xaositect_Crayon Send a message via Yahoo to Xaositect_Crayon
Default interesting rts idea

instead of buildings unlock troops ect...
why not make everything so you have to field recruit the people from apartment buildings or the streets. and comandeer buildings to turn them into whatever.

In other words an RTS that has no tech tree

he unobserved state is a fog of probabilities, a window of and for error. The watcher observes, the fog collapses, an event resolves. A theory becomes a fact... What is the truth? Tell me, if you know. And I will not believe you. Things are never what they seem. Clean gloves hide dirty hands - and mine are dirtier than most... Without truth, there can be no justice.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:42 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

strossos is offline Send a message via AIM to strossos

hmm, that is pretty easy to make in a mod or something... its not that great of an idea anyways.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:03 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quoth is offline Send a message via ICQ to Quoth Send a message via AIM to Quoth Send a message via MSN to Quoth

Actually, the concept sounds sort of familiar, but I'm damned if I can call to mind the game that has something like it.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Beware the buttcat

LactosetheIntolerant is offline Send a message via ICQ to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via MSN to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via Yahoo to LactosetheIntolerant

if youre field recruiting people, where do they get the skills to be competent soldiers/whatever. and then youd be stuck with things like minivans instead of tanks.

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Old 08-06-2003, 01:08 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
...is dreaming.

Oswald is offline Send a message via ICQ to Oswald Send a message via AIM to Oswald

Quote:
Originally Posted by LactosetheIntolerant
if youre field recruiting people, where do they get the skills to be competent soldiers/whatever. and then youd be stuck with things like minivans instead of tanks.
SOCCER MOM WARS!

Shameless self-promotion - click here to see my portfolio.
Shamelessly ripping films apart with the Popcorn Nazis.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:13 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Beware the buttcat

LactosetheIntolerant is offline Send a message via ICQ to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via MSN to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via Yahoo to LactosetheIntolerant

i shudder at the thought. soccer moms are evil...
used to be a pair of them at almost all of my games, very heavy smokers/drinkers, it was rather disgusting. having them shout out profanities and crap... ugh.

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Old 08-06-2003, 02:12 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
yaranaika?

Xaositect_Crayon is offline Send a message via AIM to Xaositect_Crayon Send a message via MSN to Xaositect_Crayon Send a message via Yahoo to Xaositect_Crayon

well it depends what buildings you comandeer.... if you can get ahold of an old gun freaks shot you can arm them with something besides pepper spray and clubs. You can train workers for autoshops... if someone knows how to ride a hog then you can find one and he can be "cavalry".
or you could scrap vehicles for materials and put extra armor for the vehicles.
and who said there was no military installations that werent blown up in a post apocalyptic setting...

edit: Also armored trucks carrying goods could always be used

he unobserved state is a fog of probabilities, a window of and for error. The watcher observes, the fog collapses, an event resolves. A theory becomes a fact... What is the truth? Tell me, if you know. And I will not believe you. Things are never what they seem. Clean gloves hide dirty hands - and mine are dirtier than most... Without truth, there can be no justice.

Last edited by Xaositect_Crayon; 08-06-2003 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:45 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
master misspella!

EpShot is offline Send a message via AIM to EpShot

hmm.. i'm actualy doing somethign similiar to that. btu with a tech tree still.. but units are still for the most part.. reqruited
Old 08-06-2003, 07:22 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
yaranaika?

I'd like to hear about it EpShot.... unless its confedential as of now

Old 08-06-2003, 07:56 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
master misspella!

EpShot is offline Send a message via AIM to EpShot

when i got a full design doc and bunch of art done, i'll make a small anouncement, but right now since you can't copy right an idea.. i'll be holding off.

its probably being a little paranoid, but i've had to deal w/. the shit before.. so i'll go ahead and be on the safe side
Old 08-07-2003, 12:49 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
yaranaika?

oh.... well you can steal any ideas I make
..^ ^
=^.^= I'm to lazy anyways to actually do it myself

Last edited by Xaositect_Crayon; 08-07-2003 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:29 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Titty Monster

Quoth: ever played gangsteres2? you have to take over buildings from rival families. and the tennants become muscle that you can use to protect your interests.

and to tell the British royalty to eat a bag of dicks.