Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #3961   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Default Re: Random game talk

I mean, I seriously hope the lack of swastikas bothers you more than the presence of women.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 10-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #3962   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

I'm not that bothered with the lack of swastikas because one of the reason I liked BF1942 so much (aside from bots) is that it focused on the Pacific campaign against the Japs as well, which is something not many WW2 games do.

Now I'm not a misogynist or anything, but I prefer my WW2 arenas to be sausagefests only. Not because I have any issues with killing women or having female soldiers, but I just want a historically accurate multiplayer experience, not a Rule 63 alternate universe experience. I wouldn't mind if it's something like a Quake 2 deathmatch, but if you're gonna make a deathmatch game set in the Jurassic age, then there better not be any apes in it.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:56 AM   #3963   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

One of the games I know with female soldiers apart from Quake, Unreal, etc is Wolfenstein (most series), though they actually make a good addition to the game as well and they are also seen pretty early, but only on a few levels, and the way they dress is quite hillarious sometimes. But i don't mind having female characters on games as main characters (or choosable characters).. IN terms of World war games, (kind of) I did like Battlefield 2142 as well but it did get a little boring after a while - but at first it was addictive with bot play and all.. Though they are really tough sometimes (or maybe it's just my skill level...)
Old 10-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #3964   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I'm playing through Wolfenstein The New Order right now and there's nothing too strange about female soldiers in that game. It is a little weird and it does stand out a bit but it's an alternate universe where the Nazis won anyway. The women are also fairly interesting and well-developed characters.

The problem is that a lot of people turn this issue into a debate about whether or not the people complaining are misogynistic or not. I don't see why a game has to sacrifice historical accuracy in the multiplayer component. It stands out to me because they are doing it to be progressive. It is like a disease that has spread through so many modern games and throughout other fields where it has no business. If I were a developer creating a WWII themed game, the last thing on my mind would be to shoehorn some women into combat roles.

If they wanted to go the alternate universe approach, then fine. That's not the case here. I just like to be immersed in the experience. A game doesn't need to be 200% historically accurate for me to get lost in it but when there are women running around, yelling, and dying in a WWII battlefield, it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:09 AM   #3965   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

It didn't really seem like Nazis back in Wolfenstein New Order (they changed it I think either because they wanted to get it sold in Germany but I don't know that rumour).. But the game was great though I enjoyed many of the characters but the female characters are good as well and i don't see why a lot of people complain.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #3966   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
It didn't really seem like Nazis back in Wolfenstein New Order (they changed it I think either because they wanted to get it sold in Germany but I don't know that rumour).. But the game was great though I enjoyed many of the characters but the female characters are good as well and i don't see why a lot of people complain.
What? How did it not seem like Nazis? They explicitly talk about killing Nazis at several points in the game. Swastikas aren't very prominent I guess but you are clearly fighting against Nazis and they don't try to hide that fact. I also don't remember anyone complaining about female characters in Wolfenstein. They are all well-written and they're not forced into roles for the sole purpose of meeting social justice quotas. Caroline Becker isn't a soldier, she's the leader of the resistance movement and I don't think there's anything weird about that.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:41 AM   #3967   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
It's multiplayer.. if you want historical accuracy, just play single player.
Or play a better game, like the first CoD, or Medal of Honour Allied Assault. There is absolutely no reason to reward cucked media for the sake of adding stuff for the shallowest sense of progressivism with your money when far better alternatives from eras past and present exist.

I'd say skip CoD WW2, get Wolf II TNC instead. Now that's one game that gave me a gore boner.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #3968   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Sure, if you don't want to play it, don't play it

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 10-19-2017, 12:52 AM   #3969   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I have reached the conclusion that consoles should have PC ports and nothing else.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:24 AM   #3970   Add To Ignore List  
mfw holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAngus View Post
I have reached the conclusion that consoles should have PC ports and nothing else.
m e t a l g e a r

I've been trying to emulate PS3 for a couple of days. It's cool to see that it emulates properly but my shitty PC can't handle the speed for its dear life.

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 10-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #3971   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Is the PS3 emulator actually working better now then? Does it run GTA?

Old 10-19-2017, 06:09 PM   #3972   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

PS3 supported games?
Shoot, does it run red dead redemption ps3 version?
Can you use mouse/kb, or is it still controller only?

I am VERY interested in this.
Thanks.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:14 AM   #3973   Add To Ignore List  
mfw holidays

There are still many unplayable games (some are even unrunnable or unbootable, such as MGS4) but there is a massive amount of working games.

Sorry to disappoint but RDR isn't still in a playable state. It renders correctly for the most part but it slows down too much to make it playable. KB/M is supported.

It runs GTA San Andreas. AFAIK it can boot GTAV but with countless visual bugs.

I recommend reading this in any case. There are more, useful links on the homepage.

EDIT: The fact that it can run MGS2HD, MGS3HD and MGSPW HD is more than enough for me though.

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 10-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #3974   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Oh wow Demon's Souls looks amazing at 4320p compared to 720p.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 10-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #3975   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-ReXx View Post
There are still many unplayable games (some are even unrunnable or unbootable, such as MGS4) but there is a massive amount of working games.

Sorry to disappoint but RDR isn't still in a playable state. It renders correctly for the most part but it slows down too much to make it playable. KB/M is supported.

It runs GTA San Andreas. AFAIK it can boot GTAV but with countless visual bugs.

I recommend reading this in any case. There are more, useful links on the homepage.

EDIT: The fact that it can run MGS2HD, MGS3HD and MGSPW HD is more than enough for me though.
Hmm, on that very 1st link you linked, it shows:
Red Dead Redemption at 3840×2160

So, they can run the intro, but not the game?
EDIT: Yes, it can only play the intro, sorry.

Also, would this do PSP games also?
I use PPSSPP to play my psp games on Android, but it doesnt work very well, because the little onscreen buttons dont work very well.

And, my Blu_Ray drive doesnt support pc dumping anyway.
So, only the PSP games would be able to be played.
Dumping from the PS3 seems very hard to do, and I only have that 1 game anyway. And thats not even my ps3 or game, its my friends.

Last edited by Dave3d; 10-20-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #3976   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

YouTube Video: Amid Evil: Retro-styled Unreal Engine 4 game

This amazing game was inspired by Heretic.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #3977   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

That seems pretty cool. It's weird, right around the time I start getting back into classic shooters, a bunch of modern homages start coming out like Dusk and now that game. I haven't finished Heretic yet but I've been playing through a little bit every now and then along with Hexen and they're both pretty good so far.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #3978   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

You should play those games, they're very good classics.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #3979   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Steam cards now virtual in Steam itself, no more having to run to the store to get cards:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...lot-of-hassle/
Old 10-28-2017, 01:42 AM   #3980   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

That's kind of weird. I thought the whole point of Steam gift cards was so that kids who don't have a credit card could pay with grandma's birthday gift money in stores. Digital cards seem kind of pointless when you can just buy the game directly. If the point is to be able to digitally gift money to someone, that doesn't make any sense since it would be better to transfer money directly into their account so that they can spend it anywhere. Also who gives digital currency as a gift? Nobody.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:59 AM   #3981   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

I dunno, I think "Oh you like games? Here's 50 euro on Steam to do whatever you want, have fun man" is a pretty good gift to give to random Steam friends.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:30 PM   #3982   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I concur, some people are picky so a gift card can be a great alternative (speaking about myself naturally). You can still gift games and the physical gift cards are also still available so I don't see a big problem here.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 10-29-2017, 05:07 AM   #3983   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Physical Steam gift cards would be cool though, I just don't think you can get them in the Netherlands

Old 10-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #3984   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Over here though I am able to get steam gift cards though for example a 50 dollar gift card costs like 60 dollars instead (or extra) because it's in US dollars.. Usually any birthday money i'd get i either use it for a steam gift card or a game that I just pay up in-store. Sometimes I can get games cheaper there because they usually have lots of discounts and most of my friends give me gift cards for those particular stores...
Old 10-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #3985   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

YouTube Video: Star Citizen | CitizenCon 2017 Gameplay Demo

This is absolutely incredible. This game is going to be amazing by the time it comes out.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:25 PM   #3986   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

For some reason, I thought that was going to be the game where you're the crew of some ship with random talking animals. I remember that game being announced a while ago and I haven't heard anything since. I don't even remember what it's called but I know that it's supposed to be sequel/reboot.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:02 PM   #3987   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

As for Steam digital gift cards, its nice to not have to either buy someone a game they may not want, or have to physically ship them a card.
I, personally, tell my brothers, parents, and friends IF they are going to get me a gift, I would rather have a pre-paid visa card or a steam gift card.
Because, games is usually all that I want, now that I have sold my extensive knife/sword collection.
Gifting someone a game is nice, but wouldnt you rather have the steam wallet money instead, so maybe you can get 1-4 games you would like on a sale, instead of just that 1 game they gift you?

Last edited by Dave3d; 11-01-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #3988   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Also, there are new gog.com/connect games.
Make sure to make your profile public before connecting to gog connect, or you wont see any games at all.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #3989   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Watch Dogs free on Uplay limited time only!
Old 12-09-2017, 01:42 AM   #3990   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Oh boy PSX was bad. How bad? A David Cage game was the best part of it. Oh well, guess it's now time to wait for E3 2018.