Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #4861   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Default Re: What are you playing?

Everything Bungie make/made and will ever made is/will be SHIT.

Thats how the beaver poops.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:46 AM   #4862   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I finished Ryse: Son of Rome yesterday. Gorgeous design and visuals, okay plot, short campaign and basic gameplay with some mediocrity. Controller is a must, worth the price of admission during a sale.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 07-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #4863   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

PowerSlave. Amazing level design, amazing atmosphere.

Also - how is possible sector-based engine to create two or more rooms one-above-other? I thought that's the difference between sector-based engines and real3D.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:26 PM   #4864   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam(BG) View Post
PowerSlave. Amazing level design, amazing atmosphere.

Also - how is possible sector-based engine to create two or more rooms one-above-other? I thought that's the difference between sector-based engines and real3D.
http://advsys.net/ken/build.htm

04/2?/1996: STACKED SECTORS (room over room) first demonstrated in the Build engine

This site should tell it all http://fabiensanglard.net/duke3d/bui..._internals.php
Old 07-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #4865   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
I finished Ryse: Son of Rome yesterday. Gorgeous design and visuals, okay plot, short campaign and basic gameplay with some mediocrity. Controller is a must, worth the price of admission during a sale.
Very nice costumes and skin textures and voice...
Old 07-28-2017, 01:00 AM   #4866   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I was loving Ryse, until you get to a point on a bridge, and you cant get on the bridge til you take everyone out.
Well, I think this is one of those 'need a controller' parts, as I just could not roll in the right direction, fire, and the other 1 or 2 things they make you do.
Excellent game, if very linear, until that point (and its fairly early in the game, I remember fire on the bridge, having to roll, etc, if you remember that part Discy).
I think since using the ps3 for RDR, I might get a pc/ps3 or 4 controller, if I get the money, and the wife lets me.
Its a must for a lot of the games outside my FPS genre.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:45 AM   #4867   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I think I know which part you're talking about, is it at the beach crash part? Anyway, if you plan to get a controller for PC gaming only, I'd recommend a wired 360 controller since they work natively and out of the box with almost any game released after 2006. There's no hassle with charging/batteries either. Also I really love the design, but that's subjective. You could get most other controllers (like PS3/4) to work as well, but it might be a bit more work.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:41 AM   #4868   Add To Ignore List  

This is loud, lower your volume.

YouTube Video: Sven Co-Op - tiles_v2 feat. Fastroos, Violante

Or just mute. It's a bunch of people talking Turkish anyway.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:07 AM   #4869   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
I think I know which part you're talking about, is it at the beach crash part? Anyway, if you plan to get a controller for PC gaming only, I'd recommend a wired 360 controller since they work natively and out of the box with almost any game released after 2006. There's no hassle with charging/batteries either. Also I really love the design, but that's subjective. You could get most other controllers (like PS3/4) to work as well, but it might be a bit more work.
Yes it was at the beach part, or just after, I believe.
It was sad, since the game was going so well until then. And, I couldnt even 'trainer' my way past that part either.

And, I tried an xbox controller, and it hurt my hands so bad, I never played a console since the original xbox. And thats way before I even began having pain issues, when I was still superman.
I thought the bigger controller wouldnt hurt as bad, and have tried the xbox and steam controller, but the xbox hurt bad and I couldnt controll with the steam controller.
Bar the issue of having to jiggle the ps3 one way or the other, depending on what buttons I need to use, the ps controller, although smaller, is the superior controller, for my hands.
I never would have thought so, but it 100x more comfortable than anything else I have tried.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:57 AM   #4870   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

F1 Race Stars.... but I can't seem to get multiplayer working....
Old 08-07-2017, 12:01 AM   #4871   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

I've been playing through Serious Sam Fusion and really enjoying how the blank slate had improved the signal to noise ratio on the workshop.

Also messed around with hosting Killing Floor with mods, namely Scrn Balance, with the Scrn Heavygunner Perk, the Scrn Horzine Tech Perk, the Scrn Engineer Perk and a few Scrn Monster packs.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #4872   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I'm still playing the Witcher 3 and have about 14 hours into it so far and my opinion has really changed from my first impressions. At first I was a little unsure of the game, due to a lot of the comments I had, but now that I'm getting into the swing of things, I am really loving it.

One thing that really helped me love this game was reading up on a "things to know before playing" article. All those help boxes? None of them really provided the inner details I needed to function. This game is structured very different from any other RPG I've played. At first it was discouraging, but now I've grown to embrace it. First, experience points are very heavily dependent on completing main/side quests. The traditional way of grinding monster kills for XP just doesn't have a good payout in the Witcher 3. Instead, the game encourages you to complete quests for the true "meat" of XP. To put it in perspective, the first 10 levels require 1000XP per level. Killing a monster only grants you between 1-10XP depending on the monster level, while quests grant anywhere from 25 to 100XP. So you'll be grinding for a loooong time to receive the same amount of XP.

This point kind of leads me into the next innovative idea... linear level progression. I'm so used to RPG's where you level up 20 levels in the first 10 hours, then later on it takes the same amount of time to only go up two levels. In Witcher 3, they've set it up so that it takes approximately the same amount of time to go from 49 to 50 as it does 9 to 10. The downside is that it really slows down the progression and makes you feel much weaker for a longer period of time. I've put in 14 hours and I'm still just a level 6. The plus side is that it makes each new level feel that much more substantial.

I also love that the game encourages exploration and unveiling new quests. If you try blazing through the story, you will quickly reach main quests that require a level far above your current level. It can be discouraging at first, because 75% of the unlocked side quests are far above your experience level. So a lot of the early part of the game consists of visiting all the towns, reading their notice boards to get quests, then doing the few that are within your level recommendation. Then saving the dozens more for a rainy day farther down the road.

I think my two biggest commendations for this game is the quests and the combat. Once you reach the meat of the game, combat really opens in new ways. To truly succeed at higher difficulties (which I highly recommend), you really need to plan out combat encounters. Just blindly rushing into a battle will get you killed pretty fast. You need to assess the situation, study up on weaknesses that each enemy has, and apply special oils/concoctions to your weapons to truly succeed. Each monster fights differently, encouraging you to constantly mix up tactics... from spamming attacks to prevent them from recovering, parrying, and dodging. The combat is challenging... but very rewarding. I think I'm starting to see the appeal of Dark Souls

Finally... I've often heard the statement that Witcher 3 sidequests are better than Skyrim mainquests, and I second that statement. Each quest feels like a living part of the world and they unfold in unique and challenging ways. For example, one quest tasked me with finding a lost woman in the woods. I talked to the local townsfolk to get a better idea, then set off to her last known location. I found tracks and eventually found a cabin. Reading through letters, it became obvious that this was a refuge for a werewolf. I'm not going to spoil the rest of the quest, but let's just say it consisted of an epic battle, an interesting love triangle, and a tough decision at the end.

Anyway... I'm finally hooked and want to play this game to the bitter end. Still think I'm going to need to take a few breaks though
Old 08-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #4873   Add To Ignore List  
s! shitposter

It's totes worth it. I've completed it about 3 times but I've yet to chase a 100% run.

Someday, though... someday.

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 08-08-2017, 08:59 PM   #4874   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Yeah, once I get my correct meds and video card back, I will be playing it again. Well, trying to finish it. I think I am only level 9 or 10 still.
Great game though. Love the exploration, and also dislike it sometimes too, as the same old fights over and over can be a bit wearing on you.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #4875   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

No Man's Sky came out with a free 4 GB update, adding 30 hours of story playtime. Welppppp I got something to play this weekend.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 08-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #4876   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I played and finished ABZÛ in little under two hours and I'm now digging into Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. After resolving some technical problems I'm enjoying it tremendously.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:50 PM   #4877   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

I also picked up No Man's Sky from a -60% off sale recently and as far as first impressions go I'm amazed. Started off on an ice planet I quickly named Finzyland, was utterly clueless how to play for a while and froze to death or life support failure 3 times till I finally managed to find/craft resources I need, and slowly began exploring the rest of the planet. So far it feels massive and fresh and there is really a sense of exploration, lots of different options to go for. Graphics are really nice as well.

For a 1 year old game I think its worth picking up at this point, theres even a permadeath mode for masochists :p
Old 08-29-2017, 01:33 PM   #4878   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Destiny 2 beta. It's pretty good! (Well, it was yesterday, now I'm just having connectivity issues..)

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 09-01-2017, 07:33 AM   #4879   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Life is Strange: Before The Storm episode 1. Really really really good.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:53 PM   #4880   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Recently finished Doom 1 and Doom 2, started Wolfenstein 3D, Hacx, Harmony, various other Doom mods and total conversions, Wolfenstein: The New Order, a bunch of random stuff like Limbo of the Lost and the Night Trap remake, and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting. Too much on my plate and my time off has come to an end but it was fun binging through these games while it lasted. Fishing Doom 1 after all these years and finally trying out Doom 2 was a real treat.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #4881   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Playing Doom 2 for the first time? Awesome. I bought the Heretic/Hexen series on Steam recently and I've finally started playing Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders. Using the GZDoom source port, since I refuse that DOSBox rubbish. I'm absolutely loving the game so far, it's a shame I never played the series except some Hexen II when I was younger.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:14 AM   #4882   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

I started playing Blood II: The Chosen recently, never played it before unlike the first Blood which I finished twice. Found it a bit hard to play for some reason, especially in terms of graphics - strangely, the first Blood still looks pretty nice up to this date, but second one... Let's just say the game didn't age very well. Wouldn't mind to find some graphics mod, at least for better textures and sharper look. There's something weird about the mouse behaviour too, it works very clunky and I still can't configure it to work properly.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #4883   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreekNik View Post
I started playing Blood II: The Chosen recently, never played it before unlike the first Blood which I finished twice. Found it a bit hard to play for some reason, especially in terms of graphics - strangely, the first Blood still looks pretty nice up to this date, but second one... Let's just say the game didn't age very well. Wouldn't mind to find some graphics mod, at least for better textures and sharper look. There's something weird about the mouse behaviour too, it works very clunky and I still can't configure it to work properly.
Hoo boy, you're in for a ride. I hope you like alien vaginas on your face.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:11 AM   #4884   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I'm still working on Wolfenstein The New Order. My problem is that I'm really enjoying the game but I don't have the time right now to give it the attention that it deserves, so I go through long periods without playing it. It's not like other classic first person shooters such as Doom where I can mess around in a mod for a few minutes or load up a custom map that only takes a few minutes to complete as well.

I do have one major complaint about the game however - I'm obsessing over finding every single collectible and it drives me up the wall when I miss something, especially if it was in an area that got closed off, necessitating restarting the whole level. I've already missed a bunch of treasure and all I can think about is restarting the game so that I can go back and find it. The game occupies that weird spot where collecting everything is very possible, making me annoyed when I miss something, but it can also feel very tedious. I just want the fast action of Wolf 3D, running through levels with guns blazing but when I'm scoping a giant mech's ass to see if any Nazi treasure is hidden there, it detracts from the action.

I get that finding treasure and collectibles was a cornerstone of the original game and normally I love this sort of extra content in a game but I almost wish that there was a mode without collectibles so that I could focus on the game play, story, and BJ's badassery. I'm finding it hard to enjoy some of the environments because I spend so much time scouting for barely visible enigma codes rather than appreciating the bigger picture that is the overall setting.