Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #121   Add To Ignore List  
...
 
AntonioR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
 
AntonioR is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
Those teddy bears really ruined the movie for me... Why... just... why?!
Awwwwwwwwwwww.....

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/898/898223/top-25-star-wars-heroes-day-2-20080812013851056-000.jpg

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #122   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
The Phantom Menace was better than Return of the Jedi.

Besides, I'm sick of people claiming that EA will ruin Bioware. Yeah, okay, the DRM/Origin and DLC/exclusive offers are really lame and inconvenient, but Mass Effect 2 which was made largely in the EA era of Bioware's timeline I still hail as the greatest game of all time. Bioware has remained an excellent developer even after EA's takeover. Claims that EA will destroy their games have no credibility at all.
The Phanton Menace had over-choreographed lightsaber battles, retarded political bullshit, and Jar Jar Binks, your argument is invalid.

We'll have to wait and see on ME3, my money is on EA ruining it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #123   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Episode 1 was my favourite SW movie because of Qui-gon Jinn XD People always call me a blasphemer for that, but I found him to be the most likeable SW character. I hated Luke Skywalker the most! He's soooooo boring, ugh.

Also I have lost all interest in ME3. I dunno, I didn't mind Origin at first but now all desire to play BF3 or even touch Origin is gone, might have to skip the series' finale.
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #124   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Episode I had horrible editing and much of the dialogue was remedial. However, the visual designers did an excellent job at created very separate, distinct, and impressive styles (their work with Coruscant and Naboo is amazing). It also sported the single greatest musical score in a film I have seen to this day (Duel of the Fates, much?). Also, hell yeah Liam Neeson! And say "over-choreographed" if you like, but the fight with Darth Maul is the single-greatest lightsaber battle ever and beats the shit out of the crap seen in Episode 4 any day. Ray Park is a brilliant stuntsman. Your argument is misplaced and invalid.

As far as your anticipation of ME3, see my earlier comment. There's no justification or past evidence for such a ridiculous claim. You just want something to cry/bitch about because you don't like EA. I understand that, as I don't either. But it's clear that they have not been "ruining" Bioware's games.
__________________

Last edited by Brute; 02-07-2012 at 12:17 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #125   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post

As far as your anticipation of ME3, see my earlier comment. There's no justification or past evidence for such a ridiculous claim. You just want something to cry/bitch about because you don't like EA. I understand that, as I don't either. But it's clear that they have not been "ruining" Bioware's games.
I don't like Origin not because of it's bad press but because I just hate it in general - I just don't really like using it. It constantly crashes on me and when it updates it will either stop and make me restart from the beginning (and thus I use up my internet bandwidth) or go really really slow. XD

Edit: Dual of Fates is an amazing song, and it did indeed have the best lightsaber battles - but the fact that Qui-gon never used Force Speed through the bars or anything confuses me.
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #126   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Edit: Dual of Fates is an amazing song, and it did indeed have the best lightsaber battles - but the fact that Qui-gon never used Force Speed through the bars or anything confuses me.
He didn't need to. He was up in Maul's face the whole time. If Zabrak's had limited endurance like humans, Qui-Gon might have won. It's Obi-Wan who needed to get his ass in gear and force speed through those force fields.

@EA comment: That's not really about the game itself. After all, you can get it on xbox/ps3 without Origin.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #127   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Sorry, I did mean Obi-wan! That was just a slip up haha, how embarrassing. I didn't know ME3 was coming for the ps3... That's awesome. Shame I can't have my saves from ME2 but I don't really care THAT much. ^^
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #128   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
Episode I had horrible editing and much of the dialogue was remedial. However, the visual designers did an excellent job at created very separate, distinct, and impressive styles (their work with Coruscant and Naboo is amazing). It also sported the single greatest musical score in a film I have seen to this day (Duel of the Fates, much?). Also, hell yeah Liam Neeson! And say "over-choreographed" if you like, but the fight with Darth Maul is the single-greatest lightsaber battle ever and beats the shit out of the crap seen in Episode 4 any day. Ray Park is a brilliant stuntsman. Your argument is misplaced and invalid.

As far as your anticipation of ME3, see my earlier comment. There's no justification or past evidence for such a ridiculous claim. You just want something to cry/bitch about because you don't like EA. I understand that, as I don't either. But it's clear that they have not been "ruining" Bioware's games.
The musical talents are wasted on this horrible film, also, the lightsaber battles were boring because there was nothing going on between Darth Maul and Qui Gon Booze other than "Hey!, we fought before, let's fight again!" The lightsaber battles, like anything that is put into a film, is to tell a story and to show the emotional connections. In the case of the original trilogy, it's to show a connection of adversities and to show that they were more than just enemies, they could be former master and teacher, or father/son. You have to notice that most of the fights that happen in the original trilogy involve futuristic firearms and very rarely does the lightsaber come into play. You know why? Because charging into an all-out firefight, or a warzone with your melee weapon out is ****ing stupid, superpowers or not. One would also think that wielding a lightsaber would draw attention to them as a priority target. You know what would have conveyed the same plot point of Darth Maul challenging the people around in a few seconds? Shooting his lightsaber handle, and blowing him up to kingdom come.

Moreover, these kinds of overchoreographed lightsaber battles would have been cool in a video game, but when you're telling a story, it becomes little more than eye-candy. You are missing the point of the lightsaber in the Star Wars film. It is supposed to be symbolic at most and anything more is just plain cheap and gratuitous. If I wanted to see proper fight choreography, I would watch a Jackie Chan, Sonny Chiba or an old Bruce Lee film. At least those fights have more weight to them.

As for EA/Bioware, I could repeat what I have learned that had went on behind the scenes of the production of TOR, or the working conditions EA workers suffered through but it would be wasted on a BioDrone like you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #129   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
You have to notice that most of the fights that happen in the original trilogy involve futuristic firearms and very rarely does the lightsaber come into play. You know why? Because charging into an all-out firefight, or a warzone with your melee weapon out is ****ing stupid, superpowers or not. One would also think that wielding a lightsaber would draw attention to them as a priority target. You know what would have conveyed the same plot point of Darth Maul challenging the people around in a few seconds? Shooting his lightsaber handle, and blowing him up to kingdom come.
You're really comparing the realism and practicality of fights between Star Wars movies? Where Stormtroopers are blind and cannot shoot anything, wear full body armor that doesn't protect them at all, and charge head-first into a fight firing very slowly from the hip? This ignores the fact that Boba was defeated accidentally by yet another blind guy with a pole.
Jedi have force powers and intuition that allow their skills with a lightsaber to be exceptional. It's fantasy. Get over it.
It's like saying Serious Sam's run-and-gun style is "****ing stupid." Yeah, in real life it is. Camping and cover would be safer and wiser. But it's stylized fantasy. That's the point. I can't believe I actually have to explain a concept so simple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
Moreover, these kinds of overchoreographed lightsaber battles would have been cool in a video game, but when you're telling a story, it becomes little more than eye-candy. You are missing the point of the lightsaber in the Star Wars film. It is supposed to be symbolic at most and anything more is just plain cheap and gratuitous. If I wanted to see proper fight choreography, I would watch a Jackie Chan, Sonny Chiba or an old Bruce Lee film. At least those fights have more weight to them.
The jedi before the purge practiced their entire lives to be detached from emotion and desire, because they are limiting (like Buddhists, obvious inspiration). The sith fuel their emotions into their fighting, and are thus more ravenous. When Qui-Gon dies, Obi-Wan struggles between fighting aggressively like a sith or passively like a jedi. Everything was done intentionally. Yes, it's more flashy, but there's nothing wrong with that if it also accomplishes its point.
If you missed all this that's your own problem. Don't blame the film for your shortcomings and lack of comprehension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
As for EA/Bioware, I could repeat what I have learned that had went on behind the scenes of the production of TOR, or the working conditions EA workers suffered through but it would be wasted on a BioDrone like you.
I'm a "BioDrone" just because I appreciate Mass Effect 2 for the masterpiece it is, you think I'm somehow a slave to the company? Well, I hate Dragon Age, and think Dragon Age II is nothing special. More than likely, you're misplaced and fallacious reasoning for failing to provide any logical explanation for prejudice stems from a lack of a legitimate point.
__________________

Last edited by Brute; 02-07-2012 at 02:17 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #130   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

First off, its called common sense. You talk about intuition and enhanced senses, well I say that any Jedi with half a brain would use it to avoid fights when they can instead of charging straight into battle like a total gonk. What should happen if they charged in would be exactly like the finale to Tom Cruise's The Last Samurai.

You mention Serious Sam, and I have to facepalm at how much of a blithering idiot you are dragging this out as an example. Serious Sam is an inherently ridiculous and audacious franchise, and it revels on it. That is why it can get away with being a run and gun thing in the middle of enemy fire. Star Wars, on the other hand, tries to be taken seriously, and you can only suspend so much disbelief at a movie or a franchise that is supposed to be taken seriously.

You mention emotionless jedis before the purge, I would suggest that you go back and re-watch the prequel trilogy and study their faces carefully. Those contortions ont heir faces to show contentment or displeasure or pain is not a tic. Moreover, Obi-Wan at the time was still a padawan, and thus his technique shouldn't be perfect and his fighting shouls have been affected by his emotions. Something tells me that you haven't watched one minute of Plinkett's review, such is your M, and I know this because you replied less than 40 minutes after you visited the topic with the link provided. You only care about being able to say that you're right. Which is why I haven't shown you what I learned of EA's MO regarding their related studios.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #131   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
would use it to avoid fights when they can instead of charging straight into battle like a total gonk..
Holy shit I never thought of that.... it was still flashy and cool. It appeals to my immature love of violence and flashing colours.
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #132   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

I guess that's how George Lucas tried to compensate for the lackluster storytelling in The Phantom Menace. It got me too when I was younger. I still do like the pod-racing bit, but only because it lead to the pod-racing video game on the Dreamcast.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #133   Add To Ignore List  
.
 
viper45's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2001
 
viper45 is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
You only care about being able to say that you're right.
I suggest you take a step back and look at your own role in this discussion. You're the one who opened with "Your argument is invalid", then went on to call him a blithering idiot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #134   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
First off, its called common sense. You talk about intuition and enhanced senses, well I say that any Jedi with half a brain would use it to avoid fights when they can instead of charging straight into battle like a total gonk. What should happen if they charged in would be exactly like the finale to Tom Cruise's The Last Samurai.
Common sense also tells us that traveling at light speed would rip them apart and even if they were able to survive, it would age them to death rapidly and it would still take a flipping long time to travel from solar-system to solar system.
Common sense also tells us the stormtroopers cannot be human because they cannot function at basic levels of competence. I'm sorry, but common sense does not fit into fantasy. Fantasy uses stylized representations as symbolic representations of abstract issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
You mention Serious Sam, and I have to facepalm at how much of a blithering idiot you are dragging this out as an example. Serious Sam is an inherently ridiculous and audacious franchise, and it revels on it. That is why it can get away with being a run and gun thing in the middle of enemy fire. Star Wars, on the other hand, tries to be taken seriously, and you can only suspend so much disbelief at a movie or a franchise that is supposed to be taken seriously.
Clone Wars begs to differ. If you need another example, look at Devil May Cry or anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
You mention emotionless jedis before the purge, I would suggest that you go back and re-watch the prequel trilogy and study their faces carefully. Those contortions ont heir faces to show contentment or displeasure or pain is not a tic. Moreover, Obi-Wan at the time was still a padawan, and thus his technique shouldn't be perfect and his fighting shouls have been affected by his emotions. Something tells me that you haven't watched one minute of Plinkett's review, such is your M, and I know this because you replied less than 40 minutes after you visited the topic with the link provided. You only care about being able to say that you're right. Which is why I haven't shown you what I learned of EA's MO regarding their related studios.
You're watching my time stamps? That's kinda pathetic, but yes, sometimes I reply late because either I type slow, or yknow, I have a life and things to do and cannot always apply to your ridiculous bullshit in a prompt manner.
And yes, of course they have emotion, moron. So do Buddhists. That's the point. It's a struggle against impulse. And no, I haven't watched Plinkett's review. Why would I? You haven't shared this magical "MO" because it's a load of horseshit and you know it.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #135   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Actually, accelerating to light speed won't rip us apart because of how inertia works when relativistic speeds are concerned. There's a lot of advanced physics maths that goes into it that escapes me. I'll let you know when I find out how it works exactly. Even if that turned out to be false, what would happen is that we'd be pancaked due to the incredible G forces at play, not ripped apart. That's what happens when we fall inside black holes.

Again, suspension of disbelief can only go so far. Would you accept it when say, in a Star Wars Universe, a giant marshmallow cloud made of kittens pissing dark matter everywhere the size of 4 galaxies suddenly appeared out of Anakin's ass and started to rain George's Lucas' jizz on every living being in the galaxy before stuffing itself into Obi Wan's mouth shrinking into nothing and disappearing without a trace?

I laugh again when you cite Devil May Cry, because seriously, it's a Capcom franchise, do you seriously expect any sense put into it? Moreover, everything on DMC4 revolves around the rule of cool.

Again, watch Plinkett's review of the Star Wars Prequel saga. All three sections of it, from the Phantom Menace, to the Attack of the Clones, and then the 'Backstroke of the West' It would behoove you to take the time to listen to points of views that are not your own. You might learn something from the deal, and goodness knows, you have a LOT of learning to do.

And because you asked for it. Here's part 1 of a 12 part podcast that discusses one of the many issues that EA has and how it negatively influences everyone working for them. It's not for your benefit though, because I know that you won't bother listening.

---

Now to get this topic back on track, I noticed this item just appeared on Steam

Warhammer 40,000k Space Marine - Power Sword for $2.99

This struck a chord in me since I was just talking to Pan a while ago about how the developer for Space Marine are doing things to split the community, and I can't help but agree that what they have done so far isn't helping the problem, and this exploitative example of buying power is making it worse.

What do you think, Finzy, Vasile, Pan?

Last edited by Valerie Valens; 02-07-2012 at 05:19 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #136   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO
 
Finzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Whatshisoffice
 
Finzy is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

You summoned me? Alright, my two or five cents:

Space Marine's multiplayer is much more casual than in other pro-MP games, especially since it's geared more towards the singleplayer and co op side (with the recent DLC), thus I don't think those weapons are a big deal. They aren't even automatic upgrades, every weapon in the game is a sidegrade one way or another.

Also the only "split" they've done is released the Chaos Unleashed DLC, which is a new map + race set. Which doesn't split players either and those who don't have it can still play the classic rotation with the players who have it (And this is a co-op DLC so it doesn't limit anyone from playing to their best or anything).

Don't like it, don't buy it. There's no need to. And I think the Chaos maps were worth the money for just 2,37 €, wouldn't have bought them for full price though.

Won't comment on EA and Mass Effect as that's what your original discussion was about wasn't it?...don't know anything about that, I've only played ME1. And not even to completion.

Last edited by Finzy; 02-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #137   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
Actually, accelerating to light speed won't rip us apart because of how inertia works when relativistic speeds are concerned. There's a lot of advanced physics maths that goes into it that escapes me. I'll let you know when I find out how it works exactly. Even if that turned out to be false, what would happen is that we'd be pancaked due to the incredible G forces at play, not ripped apart. That's what happens when we fall inside black holes.
Admittedly I know little of astro-physics, but I do know enough to know that the concept of "light-speed" in a starship equating to a bus ride between cities (not to mention high-pitched laser bolt SFX in space) is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
Again, suspension of disbelief can only go so far. Would you accept it when say, in a Star Wars Universe, a giant marshmallow cloud made of kittens pissing dark matter everywhere the size of 4 galaxies suddenly appeared out of Anakin's ass and started to rain George's Lucas' jizz on every living being in the galaxy before stuffing itself into Obi Wan's mouth shrinking into nothing and disappearing without a trace?
No, but my comparison with the Stormtroopers still holds ground.
Episode I did not stretch reality any more than the original trilogy films did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
I laugh again when you cite Devil May Cry, because seriously, it's a Capcom franchise, do you seriously expect any sense put into it? Moreover, everything on DMC4 revolves around the rule of cool.
How is that bad? They established their own ground.
If we're being relativists, which we should be, they can accomplish different things from others, and accomplish them well in their own regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
Again, watch Plinkett's review of the Star Wars Prequel saga. All three sections of it, from the Phantom Menace, to the Attack of the Clones, and then the 'Backstroke of the West' It would behoove you to take the time to listen to points of views that are not your own. You might learn something from the deal, and goodness knows, you have a LOT of learning to do.
That's what I do with you far too frequently. I actually make a habit of taking the time to listen to everyone's viewpoints, even when I disagree with them strongly. I'm quite well-known for it. Your implications are misplaced, and I would ask you do the same. Not that I expect you, again, to disregard your hypocrisy and take your own advice.
It sounds like a long-ass review. I'll check it out if I get the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
And because you asked for it. Here's part 1 of a 12 part podcast that discusses one of the many issues that EA has and how it negatively influences everyone working for them. It's not for your benefit though, because I know that you won't bother listening.
Putting your idiotic assumptions aside, I'll check it out later tonight.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #138   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!
 
evil_Vasile's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The Internet
 
evil_Vasile is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

I think I've been seriously considering not geting Space Marine at all because of all the bullshit DLC it's been getting...

Extra arenas and such... Well I can live with those, but DLC weapons? What the **** publishers?!

I totally agree with paying for content that developers have been working on after the game was released. It's only fair that they get paid for their work.

But this, paying $3 for a single freakin weapon?! That's just a single 3d model and some code... (Well, maybe some extra animations too.) the point is, it's not a significant enough update to pay $3 for.

Also, in most cases with DLC like this, you already have the files on your hard drive since other players you are playing with might be using it and the game needs to know what to do about that. So the DLC just unlocks the weapon. So basically you're paying $3 for the right to use some fancy schmancy weapon? Screw that.

I guess one could say Valve's TF2 is just as bad, and maybe they'd be right, but on the other hand, TF2 is a completely different case. It's currently following the "Free to play - but pay to unlock things faster" model, which I find to be a reasonable compromise. People can access the content freely through normal game progression and people who are inpatient or want to support the developers can pay for the unlocks. It's a win-win situation. Developers make money, players have more people to play with since the game is indeed free to play.


Edit: Woah, 2 extra posts! Man I'm slow.

@ Finzy: Hey, I have to disagree here. Space Marine isn't exactly "casual", in fact, I find the co-op arenas to be quite brutal. You must really know what weapons to use in what situation and build your team accordingly - there are probably tons of tactics to use against the various enemies; in any case, it's anything but easy or casual. (But I guess it can be casually enjoyed...)

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 02-07-2012 at 07:13 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #139   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

On one hand, it's pretty scummy to have power and items unlocking exclusive to people who own the DLC, on the other hand, it's easy to ignore if your friends do so too. Like Finzy said, the Chaos Unleashed DLC is the only one worth getting for Space Marine, the rest are useless.

I still say we should play Exterminatus this weekend.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #140   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!
 
evil_Vasile's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The Internet
 
evil_Vasile is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

I'm game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
The link to the EA thread in the description is no longer availalbe though...


Hmm, customer support? Was it related to the guy having trouble with some EA game (BF3 was it?) and who got banned from origin for complaining about them or something?

I think I've heard EA disabling people's accounts for no good reason... But then again I never really trust rumors...

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 02-07-2012 at 07:27 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #141   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

I have heard stories of people getting origin-wide bans for calling BioWare out for kow-towing to EA. Also, bans from TOR for doing too well and then covering it up by calling them "exploit incidents"

...and then there was that time when ToR inexplicably stepped down the quality of the textures in the game.

I tend to take rumours with a grain of salt, but when you heard a few of the same stories from reputable sites, it is worth considering instead of dismissing outright. I really tire of the notion that "X company can do no harm" Especially within this community, who have seen what an abusive publisher can do to the production values of a game. 2KGames and Serious Sam 2, anyone?

Honestly, I doubt that whether ME3 will be good or bad will matter anyways, it has gained enough of a blindly loyal fanbase that it will be lapped up on launch anyways.

Last edited by Valerie Valens; 02-07-2012 at 07:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #142   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!
 
evil_Vasile's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The Internet
 
evil_Vasile is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Well I for one never just outright dismiss such rumors, I don't trust them, but I don't ignore them either. Even if the rumor was a lie, there would have to be a reason behind it, therefore the company must have done something to piss someone off...*


*I guess that generally speaking one should also consider competitors spreading false rumors, but in this case, I've heard much too much about EA's mischievous behind the curtains account dealings to consider that. Also Origin didn't help to win me over to their side either, in fact if not for that I might have even bought BF3 at some point...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #143   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

EA's competition? You mean Activision? They're too busy raking in the cash to even consider any kind of PR sabotage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #144   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!
 
evil_Vasile's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The Internet
 
evil_Vasile is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Well they'll certainly be busy raking in my cash with Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2: HOTS...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #145   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Finzy I think you forgot about the Dreadnaught DLC.
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #146   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Is it a map pack for Exterminatus Co-Op?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #147   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Dreadnaught is a DLC Game mode for Competitive Multiplayer.
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #148   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry
 
Valerie Valens's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong, China
 
Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Ahh, I might get if there are many people playing it then, but I am not too keen on play VS in a game that does not do Multiplayer properly, what with frequent host migrations.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #149   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
Ahh, I might get if there are many people playing it then, but I am not too keen on play VS in a game that does not do Multiplayer properly, what with frequent host migrations.
Host migrations are frequent - player count is very low. Fill in the rest. =_=;
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #150   Add To Ignore List  
Mental
 
Deepblue's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
 
Deepblue is offline
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper45 View Post
I suggest you take a step back and look at your own role in this discussion. You're the one who opened with "Your argument is invalid", then went on to call him a blithering idiot.
tbh they both tend to do it, though Brute more than Valerie.
But then I don't see Valerie post as much as Brute.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serious Sam 2D - The Last Game Hero AntonioR Showcases & Portfolios 9 03-15-2014 11:55 AM
Deus Ex: HR (compare PC game to Xbox game) Alien Slayer Game Talk 61 06-21-2012 04:32 PM
TSE has random lag spikes nintendonut888 Serious Sam HD 10 07-10-2011 05:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 AM.