Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Talk about the stuff that makes you jive! Music, art, movies, anime, TV, YouTube, whatever! You can even show off your creations here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #451   Add To Ignore List  
Gehenna's member

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched

From what I read in imdb, the director had thought that, "introduce it to the new generations". If so, then some can realize that what matters today is only action and special effects. Oh come on, it skipped important parts of the story, the scenes seemed direct and forced, and the center of the film is definitely the chariot race (I don't think that it's the big thing compared to its previous two versions - 1925 and 1959). It looks more like a remake of Sidney Olcott's Ben Hur (1907) than anything else.

Btw, something doesn't fit here (so stylish):
http://www.boxnewsbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Snap56-2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorchop View Post
I'll date you bro. You're gonna have to put on a wig and stuff some balloons under your shirt, and you're gonna have to pay for dinner as well. Also no touching. Don't even make eye contact. I'll pick you up around 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mane View Post
That's a deal!

Last edited by Mane; 12-05-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #452   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I know I am in the large minority, but I found the original Ben Hur (1959) to be horribly boring and did not live up to the hype at all. It doesn't help that it has a 3.5 hour run-time. I never want to waste that much time of my life watching that movie ever again. I don't plan on watching the new movie either.

Now that I got that blasphemous statement out of the way, you can now follow my recommendation and watch Doctor Strange I saw it this previous weekend and was pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:52 PM   #453   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
From what I read in imdb, the director had thought that, "introduce it to the new generations". If so, then some can realize that what matters today is only action and special effects. Oh come on, it skipped important parts of the story, the scenes seemed direct and forced, and the center of the film is definitely the chariot race (I don't think that it's the big thing compared to its previous two versions - 1925 and 1959). It looks more like a remake of Sidney Olcott's Ben Hur (1907) than anything else.
This age doesn't care about the message in works. Your thoughts and views are fossilized. Adapt or die.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #454   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Zootopia 100/10 excellent movie

Xmen Apocalypse 7/10 lot of action but for reasons I can't explain.. I can't get into the first class generation of xmen. And the design of mr bad sucks imo.

Independence Day 2 9/10 for a cheesy premise this had a lot of positive themes and touching moments. I enjoyed it.

I forgot what else I watched.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #455   Add To Ignore List  
Gehenna's member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
I know I am in the large minority, but I found the original Ben Hur (1959) to be horribly boring and did not live up to the hype at all. It doesn't help that it has a 3.5 hour run-time. I never want to waste that much time of my life watching that movie ever again. I don't plan on watching the new movie either.
I know there are people who don't like long films, in fact my mother is one of them, from these movies she only saw cut versions that came out on TV more than 30 years ago. I'm already used to watching long films, in fact Ben Hur along with Gone With The Wind (1939) are the longest films I saw, but soon they will be dethroned by Cleopatra (1963), and I'll see it anyway despite the criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target-UPnP View Post
This age doesn't care about the message in works. Your thoughts and views are fossilized. Adapt or die.
https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Futurama-Fry.jpg

I won't do none of them to make you happy.

Quote:
I'll date you bro. You're gonna have to put on a wig and stuff some balloons under your shirt, and you're gonna have to pay for dinner as well. Also no touching. Don't even make eye contact. I'll pick you up around 7.
Quote:
That's a deal!

Last edited by Mane; 12-05-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:21 AM   #456   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Haven't watched movies in a while ... Though Zootopia I agree was a really great movie too!!! Haven't seen X-Men apocalypse yet still getting around to see it, and the Captain America one with spider man still need to see that.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #457   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

Arrival 7/10

I'm glad it was made. We need more intelligent science fiction movies. I just didn't like where it went so much, even though I got what it was getting at and understood the message and everything.

Batman V Superman - 6/10

I really didn't care going into it, and the movie did nothing to change my mind that they had no idea who Superman really is, and Snyner has a deranged vision of who Batman is as well. I won't say he is a bad director, I don't think that at all, I just think he doesn't "get it" with this material.
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 01-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #458   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

so I watched AssCreed with my cousins yesterday.
The movie sure deviated from the "usual" AssCreed formula quite a bit, but if one thinks about it, it makes a lot of sense for a movie, as what works for a game doesn't necessarily work for a movie. In this case, yeah, these deviations were very well suited for a movie "format". The story was OK-ish, had less apparent plot-holes than I expected.
From technical side, the 3D was done real well (I've seen movies on the whole spectrum of 3D execution and this was on the "done damn well" end). Colors... the orange/blue separation was so intense, one could say the movie was basically bichromatic. So very damn friggin' painfully bichromatic. The contrast && brightness were tuned to make the atmosphere look as dark as possible. Too bad that also made it very, very hard to see most of detail and in some cases, see practically anything at all.
I won't comment and rate the fighting as I can't do so without giving out some major spoilers.

Overall I'd give the movie a 5/10
If they'd "fix" the color, contrast and lighting "issues", I'd give it an at least a 7/10, possibly more
Old 01-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #459   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts about Rogue One yet. Either nobody has seen it or nobody else has bothered to post a review

Anyway, I finally saw it over the weekend and enjoyed it a lot. This movie took a much darker spin than any of the other Star Wars movies and I really liked the new approach. Without being too spoilery, this movie has totally changed how I view episodes 4-6, just by expanding the history of the one line delivered in episode 4. You never fully grasp how much is at stake until you see the momentous undertaking stealing the Death Star plans were.

My only complaints are that it was full of characters that you've never heard of or seen before, and there just wasn't enough time to fully develop each of them. Along the same lines, the first half of the movie can be a real slog at times. But the latter half of the movie more than made up for it.

I'd give it a 9/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by librin.so.1 View Post
Overall I'd give the movie a 5/10
If they'd "fix" the color, contrast and lighting "issues", I'd give it an at least a 7/10, possibly more
Pretty much expected. I do plan on watching at some time, likely after the DVD release. From what I've heard, the action sequences are some of the best out there, but everything else is a nightmare. You are the second person I've heard from that said the color palette was bland.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #460   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

I saw it twice opening weekend. Should have seen it a third time last Friday but I was sick. I just haven't been able to put a rating to it yet though for some reason. I liked it a lot, but I don't think I could say I loved it. It's in that weird zone where I don't know what else to say about how I feel about it as a whole.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:48 PM   #461   Add To Ignore List  
Gehenna's member

I saw it too, but I talked about it on Discord. Personally I liked it more than The Force Awakens.

Quote:
Quote:
That's a deal!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:56 AM   #462   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

The Martian 9/10

Wild 7/10

The Shallow 8/10
Old 01-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #463   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Star Wars : Rogue one 8/10
Very good movie, i liked that it was a little different from your usual SW movie....it actually felt like fresh new SW story, rather than just doing same thing again like sw7.

Arrivial 9.5/10

Well, screw it, i'm total sucker for this type of movies, and i really feel like this one was done really great. Honestly liked ot much more than Interstellar....
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky
Old 01-18-2017, 10:30 PM   #464   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Interstellar sucked. Fuck that movie.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:53 AM   #465   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Interstellar was meh, though wouldn't say it was bad.

And wow Zocky, yesterday you said Arrival was 11/10.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #466   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Well yes but, i have to leave possibilty for other movies to be even better hence not max score.

And Thee Goat Pig,
I guess it kinda depands what kind of movie you expect; if you want action movie, than i can see how Arrival could also be bad.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #467   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

I didn't want Arrival to be an action movie. In fact, I wanted the opposite, and was upset that there was action. But that wasn't my real problem. It just didn't go in a direction that I liked. I wanted slightly different is all.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #468   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I am so confused... are we talking about Interstellar or Arrival?
Old 01-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #469   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

He probably means Interstellar.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:21 PM   #470   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Or, you know, I said Arrival IN MY POST...

I hated Interstellar because despite their best efforts the movie didn't make any sense from beginning to end.

The food is dying on Earth but we can't explain why. Our plan to save the people of Earth includes us going up into space with our contaminated food, and planting said contaminated food on a space station or another planet, and all of a sudden everything will be fixed. Life on the space station is great! The food that wasn't growing right on Earth is now growing perfectly?

And the dust-bowl effect of the midwest in the 1920s? was a combination of a drought, lack of irrigation, bad farming practices, and too few trees to create wind-breaks. I don't even want to hazard a guess as to what idiotic reasons they came up with for a worldwide dust-bowl. They sure as heck didn't explain it in the movie.

And then they jump off into space through a wormhole that just happened to appear when we needed it (probably created by Mumblemouth McConaughey's black hole adventure), we jump off into space, and one of the three original pioneers into the great nothing finds a planet next to a black hole and thinks "This is a great place to move humanity to!" Who the fuck is that dumb? Not only did they get themselves killed but they wasted humanity's time having to go see what happened to their dumb ass.

And then the character Mann on the ice planet goes and wastes even more time by trying to kill McConnauhey and leaving everyone to die instead of just simply telling them, "This place is fucked, let's get the hell out of here and see if the other people had success." He would then get saved and all would be well.

And then there is the black-hole "love saves all" bullshit. Michael Caine sabotaging his own efforts. Murph taking forever to figure out anything. Claustrophobic visuals. Cooper isn't allowed to spend time with his daughter because he isn't her real family anymore because he spent so many years in space away from her?

What were they trying to do here? I really fucking hate that movie. I think I understand some of the concepts that they were trying to get across but they missed the mark by a fucking lightyear.

3/10 from me.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #471   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Goat Pig View Post
Interstellar - 5/10

It really pissed me of, and not for the reasons that I see everyone else complaining about. Not once did I hear the movie explain what was causing the Earth's crops to die, or why moving to another planet would make things better. Fuck you Interstellar. I don't believe that bullshit one bit. Makes the rest of the movie pretty pointless when you take the foundations out from underneath it like that. Didn't care for it at all.
And it looks like I dropped my initial rating of it
Old 01-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #472   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Link

OH SHIT NIGGA SHIT JUST GOT FOR REAL
Old 01-21-2017, 07:48 PM   #473   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Sausage Party 1/10
Old 01-22-2017, 09:43 PM   #474   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Midnight Special - ???/10

I have no idea what that was, but I think I get what it was doing, and maybe I liked it? I'm confused...

But I'm sure as hell that it was better than Interstellar
Old 01-30-2017, 05:29 AM   #475   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Sausage party? I don't know what it's even like but at one point I was planning to watch it; though I heard remarks from some of my friends it wasn't good either but i will probably see it myself soon...
Old 01-31-2017, 01:57 PM   #476   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

77 Chances.
6.5/10
A cute movie about a guy that keeps re-living the same day, starting the day he fell in love.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:11 PM   #477   Add To Ignore List  
Gehenna's member

Sunrise (F. W. Murnau, 1927) = 10/10

That's really one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen.

Quote:
Quote:
That's a deal!
Old 02-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #478   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

The Conjuring 2
8/10

Solid horror-movie, wouldn't say it was very scary, but I liked the writing, camera work and stage direction. Also, it has this somewhat 70's horror-movies feeling, probably because of the timeline.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #479   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

The Voices
8.5/10

a really good dark comedy on Netflix, it will seem quirky at first but a little later into the film it turns into a very dark flick and not for the feint of heart. Really liked Ryan Reynolds performance in this and can see some of the influences that was carried over to Deadpool.

Would definitely recommend
Old 02-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #480   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

Deadpool 9.2/10

I watched it with my girlfriend today. 5 mins, that's all it took for me and her to love it.