Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Talk about the stuff that makes you jive! Music, art, movies, anime, TV, YouTube, whatever! You can even show off your creations here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2017, 06:12 AM   #481   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched

Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice 9/10

I was so satisfied that Batman gave good fight that Superman. Wonder Woman did good show up....

Last edited by Wezilla; 02-07-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:25 PM   #482   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

Let's see Hannibal Rising, Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal. 9/10

I watched them with my girlfriend and we loved it. Really great suspense and mystery.

Moana 10/10

One of the best movies I've watched, made better by the fact that I watched it with my girlfriend.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:30 AM   #483   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post

Moana 10/10

One of the best movies I've watched,
Sounds good.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #484   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

John Wick 2 - 8/10

I enjoyed the ride. Very fun. A couple of things were pushing my suspension of disbelief, but none of them really broke it.

Wick really screwed himself over in the end of this one. Sequel-bait much?
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 02-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #485   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Kon Tiki 10/10 - Excellent film from the true story - made by Norway.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #486   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Resident Evil - The Final Chapter: 8/10. Story was alright, but not quite there as compared to the previous Resident Evil movies, but still a good movie. I remember watching it just recently. I like the zombie style battle at the start but near the end was alright.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:29 PM   #487   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Hacksaw Ridge

Hooooly shit

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 03-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #488   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

Logan - What the hell?

I kept hearing about how brutal it was, and how it wasn't what I was expecting, and sure enough, that intensity and brutality wasn't what I was expecting it to be...
Old 05-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #489   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I've just watched "Army of Darkness" (a.k.a. "Evil Dead 3"). So here's where are taken most of Duke Nukem's one-liners.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #490   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Star Wars Rogue One - 9000/10

Much better than Force Awakens by infinity. Interesting note, on the big screen the CGI characters looked rather odd and unrealistic but on the DVD they look fine.

Gantz:0 - 8/10

They actually did a very good job making the 3D modernized look for this one. I think it might be one of the best adaptations so far. The story works well within the franchise as well. Minor boobage warning... but they're pretty gross.

The Accountant - 10/10

They did an excellent job portraying someone with Aspergers. The action is pretty good too.

Last edited by Louva-Deus; 05-04-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:20 PM   #491   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Watched Wonder Woman this weekend and it exceeded my expectations. This is definitely the best movie DC has put out since the Dark Knight trilogy, but that isn't saying much *cough* Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad *cough*. I've always preferred the DC universe over Marvel and it has been a shame that they haven't poured the same amount of passion into Hollywood movies. I'm optimistic that this movie may pave the way for better movies in the future.

Gal Gadot truly defines Wonder Woman in a way that Christopher Reeve defined Superman in the 70s and 80s. Her performance is amazing and heightens the movie to a whole new level. Sure, the movie had its flaws, but it was a great watch.

Makes me that much more excited about Justice League... if only they would re-cast Batman... ugh.

9/10
Old 06-07-2017, 01:20 AM   #492   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

9000/10

Even the credits are awesome.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:27 AM   #493   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

John Wick 2

6.5/10

It was NOT the dark, gritty, silent boogyman - that you didnt know what was coming next or what he was going to do even though you kinda did- , understated, excellently scrpited and shot movie that was the first movie.

It was a big hollywood cash-in, with a bright, afternoon-ish feel even when not above ground. Overdone hollywood style fights and explosions (although there were some good fight scenes, they actually duplicated the same fight with a different character 2-3 times, or seemed to. They certainly did the same few moves every fight).
Lame storyline to get John back (the 1st movie ended. It was done. That was it. Then they do this dumb premise to say 'no, it really isnt over')(remember that part in Misery (Stephen King movie) where Kathy Bates says 'NO! You CHEATED! She was dead. You have to make it believable how she came back to life! You cant just make it like she was never dead, and the next day she was alive walking down the street! You cheated!" (or, something to that effect). Thats the feeling I got when they state the reason John is back, at the start of the movie). The second part of the story of why he was back was pretty plausible, but it was also waving a flag saying "SEQUAL COMING VERY SOON! DID YOU LIKE THE MATRIX? DID YOU LIKE ALL THE STAR WARS MOVIES? WELL, WE HOPE YOU LIKE JOHN WICK 3 AND 4 AND 5 and 6!!!"
Although the 1st had some MMA people in it (which was cool, and believeable that these people could be in this world), 2 is crawling with them like cockroaches, and its not very convincing like the 1st movie was.
And the fight scenes are like old claymation days, where either John or the 'other fighter' is sitting waiting for the director to call 'action'. They are very stale and scripted looking in the 1st part of the movie (although the do get beter, and there were a few awesome moves and an excellent fight).
The CG was horrible (my wife let us download it on Fandango, and we got the SD version, because it was cheaper, and its on a 720P tv, and that could be it, but other movies we have seen with cg looked just fine, so I think it was the movie, in a rush to get it released). In the 1st movie cg was top notch, you couldnt even tell it was cg people or not. In this one, it was worse than The Matrix 1.
And, you could totally tell who was Keanu and who was his stunt double every time.
The 1st movie had almost no-one you could name as actors, except 2-3 people. And they (the no-names, or little known actors) held the movie up SO well (the whole cast, everyone who was in the movie, was believable. Everyone had a place, and it wasnt for show, it was totally believable), in getting into the world of russian mafia, international killing, well formed gangs.
In JW2, they got some big name stars. And they brought the movie down. Big time. It wasnt believable. I wasnt immersed in the world of this John Wick. they had no real place in the world, no reason for being there that was believable, just over the top movie bs.
It also feels like 2 different directors were working on the film. Like, they were both shooting at the same time, in different locations. Or, that the movie was so bad after the 1st director was completely finished with the movie, they brought in someone else to re-shoot large parts of it, and salvage what they could of the 1st directors shots. It really felt split up. Its hard to explain, but if you watch it, let me know if you had the same feeling.
I dont want to ruin the plot, but it was basically The Warriors mixed with The Matrix.

The movies remind me very heavily with what happened to The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal books (Thomas Harris, author). The Silence of the Lambs was so compelling, it dragged you into this other world, and you wanted to read it over and over and over, and you wanted to know things, more things about the characters, and what made them who they were, and what actions brought them to that time in the book, and you just memorized all the characters, and what they were like, and got to know them in a kind of personal way (even the movie captured that). John Wick was like that. Hannibal (the book), totally made the characters do the opposite of what they would have done in The Silence of the Lambs book, for no apparent reason except it was needed fast and Thomas Harris had nothing to give them, so he wrote Hannibal the way it is on a 3 week sleepless binge, upended characters to make it seem different, and boy was it, lol. John Wick 2 was like this for me. Nobody in Wick-land (lol) jibbed with their previous movie characters (the few that returned, nor the new characters). John did jibe a bit, but as the movie wore on he didnt jibe anymore, and got further from his base character (to me). Its like they showed too much of him. Like the 1st A Nightmare on Elm Street movie they showed Freddy as little as possible and in the dark, and it made him more scary. When they made some of the newer ones, they showed him in the light a lot, and he wasnt scary anymore. Same exact thing with Alien movies. This is the feeling I came away with, when comparing the 1st and 2nd John Wick movies.

I think some people will disagree with me. Thats ok. Maybe the theater version was more impressive? HD looked way better? Maybe my network was a little wonky, and was pausing a little so some scenes seemed 'set up' when really they were just hitchy on my tv? All those could be the case.
But (to me), the movie was a cash grab, nothing more. And they intend to keep milking it until it dry's up (which, for me, it has. I wont watch 3 unless/until it is free).

I also watched The Accountant (free!).
I have to (almost) agree with Louva (I dont know anyone with Aspergers). 9.5/10
Ben Afflack almost ruined it for me, but he talked almost less than John Wick did in the 1st movie, so we were spared that, heh. And, I think he was meant for this character, or he took acting lessons, because he was really good in it.
Excellent movie, great plot, excellently shot, very good directing, just a very good movie.
I dont know why it reminds me of Good Will Hunting with guns (maybe the whole mathematician thing?), but it does.
And its just as good.

Last edited by Dave3d; 06-20-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:52 AM   #494   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Just watched Aliens 2017 (The new one) a while ago, it was alright though I gave it 8/10. I was about to watch The new Mummy movie a while ago but that didn't happen though looking forward to watch it.. I remember seeing mum watch that movie The Accountant and yes I have Aspergers though, thats why she showed it to me
Old 06-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #495   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Ooooh, that Mummy remake actually looks good.
I saw a 'making of' for it, and it actually looks much much better than the original does.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:17 AM   #496   Add To Ignore List  

I watched Conan The Barbarian, the original one from the 80s with Arnold Schwarzenegger. I wish I didn't. That is one bad movie; the story sucks, acting sucks, fighting scenes suck and it's very boring. This is one of those things you watch and like as a kid and should not watch as an adult, because you will ruin your memories

Also I was shocked it had three sex scenes, liters of spilled blood and at least three head decapitations which made me turn my head, yet I watched it when I was like 7-8 years old and I didn't mind back then, nor did my parents
Old 06-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #497   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I liked some of the music from Conan the Barbarian and I think i seen it a bit with dad when I was younger, same with my parents they let me watch whatever MA/R rated movies when I was younger though just mainly action movies and stuff.. Still own a few videos with old movies on it (i mean the old video cassettes) which are by now half broken but yes they are still there at dads house.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #498   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I watched Conan The Barbarian, the original one from the 80s with Arnold Schwarzenegger. I wish I didn't. That is one bad movie; the story sucks, acting sucks, fighting scenes suck and it's very boring. This is one of those things you watch and like as a kid and should not watch as an adult, because you will ruin your memories

Also I was shocked it had three sex scenes, liters of spilled blood and at least three head decapitations which made me turn my head, yet I watched it when I was like 7-8 years old and I didn't mind back then, nor did my parents
Good manly
Old 06-26-2017, 08:17 AM   #499   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
John Wick 2

6.5/10
I agree with you about the setup, and I definitely liked the first one better, but I wasn't that turned off by it as you were. It was decent. 7/10.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:21 PM   #500   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Goat Pig View Post
I agree with you about the setup, and I definitely liked the first one better, but I wasn't that turned off by it as you were. It was decent. 7/10.
I was going to give it (and actually did at first) a 6.5-7 rating, but changed it after a minute to 6.5. I was just so severely disappointed in the movie, and what it COULD have been. Man, they could have taken it anywhere, any mafia hitman type of movie, and they tried to make the same movie again, with almost the same exact plot, with the same enemies. I just thought they were going to do a completely different movie, that moved John Wick along more.

Anyway:
Logan
7/10

I didnt know what the movie was going in, except it was Wolverine (and I saw Patrick Stewart was back as Xavier, woohoo! ).
The last one with the W man in it I watched was a reboot type of movie for the new younger generation, and I didnt like that as much as the few first X-Men movies that were more the old comic book style.
But, this movie was pretty entertaining. It didnt bring anything new to the table (except more younger generation type stuff, for the next movie presumably), but it was Wolverine back with Xavier, and there was those blades.
So, not much new, not much of a story, more a passing of the torch type movie, but was still fun (and, the actress that plays the girl, I can see liking her in future X-Men movies, if they cast her the same role).

Last edited by Dave3d; 06-26-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:01 PM   #501   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Baby Driver 9/10

Excellent little movie about a getaway driver falling in love.

Despicable Me 3 7/10

Had some great laughs and touching moments, but fell short of the other two movies. Still fun and enjoyable though.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:37 AM   #502   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Not really a movie, but tv series, Quantico season 2.
Either my new meds are making me slow, or the series is really kicked in to high gear.
I have seen some of it coming, and guessed a few people right, and a few wrong.
But, they really pulled out the stops in this 'not a movie' series, it has me guessing and both the wife and I turning to each other saying 'No Way!!' A lot.

8/10

(Also, I could see them making a movie of this series, kind of like The X Files did, to finish it when they are done with the whole series, to wrap it up in a movie or 2, and make some bank).
Just my thoughts on it.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:16 AM   #503   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Train to Busan 10/10

Excellent movie about Zombies on the Train. Zombies are fast infected and fast savage zombies...
Old 07-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #504   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

When it comes to John Wick 2, I watched it last week with an ex-Seriouszoner who's visiting me right now. I gotta say "lol payday2 masks lol" and "lol that nobody-notices-we-are-shooting-each-other-with-silencers scene lol"
Old 07-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #505   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Hacksaw Ridge 10/10

Good movie base on true story in WW II
Old 07-04-2017, 06:17 AM   #506   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezilla View Post
Hacksaw Ridge 10/10

Good movie base on true story in WW II
+1, very good movie

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 07-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #507   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Hmm, I will have to tell the wife that everyone is recommending hacksaw ridge.
Maybe we can redbox it sometime.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:17 AM   #508   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

The Dead Lands 10/10

Really great. Very savage Maori warriors...long ago before white people arrives...in New Zealand.

Hardcore like "I eat you" and "tongue insult"
Old 07-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #509   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Just watched Mad Max Fury Road again the other day at a friends birthday. It's probably one of the best I have seen in a while compared to the other movies I have watched. I will probably give it a 9.5/10. Even after watching it again it's still good...
Old 07-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #510   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Pete's Dragon 8.5/10

Green fur dragon ��