Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #31   Add To Ignore List  
Seasons Smashings

Default Re: A/D: Serious/Mental was never meant for SP.

Quite so. Coin-op should be default co-op option
Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 AM   #32   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Coin-op as a default cooperative game mode is a disgusting idea. I dont think I would enjoy the fact that I would have to wait a freaking millenia in order to join a server and enjoy a quick game of Serious Sam. Had to wait far too often to play a game.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:29 AM   #33   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
So you are saying the only way to beat it is to run away and TAKE COVER ?
In short, yes. So there's no real point to it other than bragging rights that you beat the game on a virtually impossible difficulty. I guess you should probably leave people guessing about your awesome skills rather than admiting to be a "cover taking wuss", haha.

TSE's "no saves" difficulty modifier made the extra strength almost useless as far as point-hunting goes. It gives just as much if not more of a bonus modifier than +enemy strength does and it's much more fun to play the game without saving as often than to play the game save-scumming and taking cover, as it is with +enemy strength modifiers beyond a certain point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan Strife View Post
Coin-op as a default cooperative game mode is a disgusting idea. I dont think I would enjoy the fact that I would have to wait a freaking millenia in order to join a server and enjoy a quick game of Serious Sam. Had to wait far too often to play a game.
While I agree that default co-op should remain default co-op, consider that SS3 WILL have more players than SSHD, so you probably won't have to wait that long to join a coin-op game either.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #34   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
Well I've finished almost every level of SSHD:TFE on +400% serious or mental, but I didn't record any videos... They would be really boring to watch, lots of times I'd just glitch on to a place where enemies can't reach me and use pistols to kill whatever spawned to conserve ammo. Actually I kinda cheated and used a paperclip to stuck the fire key on and afk while doing that - [ULX]SticklyMan! got much better times than me on plenty of levels, so I guess he did less pistoleering. Still, +400% usually involves glitching somewhere out of reach and shooting at stuff till they die. Boring stuff.

On Dune for example, I think I ran out of the first arena since I was being overwhelmed by enemies, triggered the second phase, then rocket-jumped onto a wall and camped there. When I was done I went to get the secrets and killed the remaining enemies. In the small courtyard I think I rocket jumped onto the house and camped there.

+400% enemy strength is less playing than it is grinding.
How is playing like that any fun? It not so much a display of skill rather than a display of putting up with mind-numbing boring play... Everyone who can play the game on normal could finish the levels like that. Someone playing the game beyond Serious/Mental without glitching is pretty damn impressive.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #35   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

You can play "beyond" serious/mental without glitching, but with no life/armor and +400% enemy strength I doubt that'd be possible.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #36   Add To Ignore List  
Seasons Smashings

All I can say is F**K those damn kleers when 400% health is on