Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default Enemies not moving after they spawn

This is a problem I have in both SSHD 2nd Encounter and SS2 but hasn't ever happened in SS3. In 2 it happens ALL the time, like probably about 1/8 enemy spawns, in HD2nd it only happens occasionally.

What happens is that the enemy will appear but will be stuck in its spawn position (usually in the air). The music will stay in calm mode until they've been agro'd. The only way to agro them is to shoot them or get within melee attack range.

This bug completely kills the momentum when I have to try and aim grenades into out-of-sight spawn positions. Unfortunately I haven't seen any other comments on this glitch at all. The fact that it happens in two different Sam games makes me really confused as to what is going on. Also, my first playthrough of HD2nd (serious difficulty) didn't encounter this glitch at all; it only started on my second (hard difficulty)

Any thoughts?

Last edited by wariomona; 03-03-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Default Re: Enemies not moving after they spawn

I dont know exactly what you mean by that maybe a little video could help out here.

In fact enemys can ignore you in Coop because theyre set for some reason to attack someone else on the server who is not in the line of sight or too far away and then enemys just spawn and camp on their spawnpoints. In single player this usually shouldnt happen.

The reason why this didnt happen at all in Serious difficulty might be that enemys are more aggressive by default. They have better senses to spot you and will spot you with less delay (sometimes even through walls or obstacles).

Anyway you say they are stuck in the Air (?) which makes no sense to me at all which is why a video should be more helpfull then any description. Also any particular places this tends to happen?