Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2004, 05:31 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Question Seriously Warped Deathmatch....????

How many of you have tried this one? I loaded it once and found out to my dismay that it wiped out all my savegame files from the Singleplayer mode.

Has anyone tried playing Seriously warped deathmatch on lan? What is so seriously warped about it and what should 1 expect from it? Is it fun?

I could never try it as I can't play on lan. Don't have any games fans, let alone SS fans where I work.

Old 12-29-2004, 05:57 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman--

It's only a multiplayer mod, you can't play it in singleplayer.
Are you sure that you were running the normal game when you weren't able to see your savegames? It is supposed to not show them when running that mod.

--------------------------
My Page!
Old 12-29-2004, 08:03 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Fragman--
It's only a multiplayer mod, you can't play it in singleplayer.
Are you sure that you were running the normal game when you weren't able to see your savegames? It is supposed to not show them when running that mod.
Nope, after the switch happened and I restarted single player the saves were all lost. It happened to my friend also who became an SS freak after he saw me play the game. Since then I never tried to see what SWD mode contains.

I know its a multiplayer mode but when you select that option the comp blanks out as if switched off for a second before it displays the new SWD interface. Likewise a switchback to single player reveals all data lost in load saves sections and also the f6 short saves section. I dont remember exact details but it happened a year back when i first tried it. So i never tried it again. I think this happens if you dont change your player profile and play with the same player profile as the single player you have played so the SWD mode overwrites those old saves to prepare for the new one or something like that. I am not sure though.

Coming back to my original question, is SWD a fun thing? Whats crazy and different about it?
Old 12-29-2004, 08:32 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman--

There are some new weapons, gamemodes and levels, it's definetely worth checking out if you've never seen it before.
Just backup your old saves if you want to be sure not to loose them.

My Page!
Old 12-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

I save all the challenging fights for replay in the permanent save mode. That way after playing it I can go back and fight all the great battles in different exciting ways. For example the final arenas in Courtyards of Gilgemish, Metropolis, The secret Yard in City Of The Gods, The jumping Room in the City Of The Gods end, The Pit's final battle with the Wind God etc. It's always a pleasure replaying this again and ahain.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:08 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

The problem with backing up saves is when you put them back in and replay, there is always the old original character you played with in there standing around doing nothing and you freak out seeing him. Even if you choose the same model character, player number and name, He is still there once you have reinstalled the game and repasted backed saves.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:58 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

Are you talking about saves or replays now?
For backing up, copy the players, controls, savegame and maybe demos folder.
That way you should be able to see replays and load savegames.
Also make sure you have the same patch installed.

My Page!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:40 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

I mentioned the problem with save games after repasting and reinstallation. That is s differenet issue from the savegames getting wiped out after activating SWD!