Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2005, 03:57 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Default October is going to rock!!

If the release dates are correct, October is going to ROCK for FPS fans.

Serious Sam II 10/10/05

QUAKE 4 10/11/05

F.E.A.R 10/18/05

Starship Troopers (late Octobere early NOV in USA) 10/24/05 in UK

If these dates are correct Ill be very busy in october and BROKE! However im sure some of these dates will get shuffled around. Cant see all these games competing with eachother so close together.

I've played the F.E.A.R demo and Starship Troopers demo. Liked Starship Troopers better. Thought F.E.A.R was cheesey.

Waiting for SS2 demo and Q4 demo to make final decesion. But I'm sure I will be playing all these games. Not to mention all the PS2 games comming out. I'm going to need second job.

IF you like big bosses, Check out Shadow of the Colossus for PS2. Also comming in October.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Yeah, I'm waiting on the darn demos too.

Sigh. So bored.

Old 09-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Serious Issues is offline Send a message via ICQ to Serious Issues Send a message via AIM to Serious Issues Send a message via MSN to Serious Issues Send a message via Yahoo to Serious Issues

Only waiting for SS2 here. Might look into F.E.A.R. too.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:27 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Your missing another game Age of Empires 3. I liked the demo and im looking forward to that and the games you listed. Also I liked fear a lot very scary and I like the gameplay too.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:52 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Talking

Me too waiting to play many games... listing em in the order of my preference

F.E.A.R. (a$$ kickage AI)
Serious Sam 2 (LOOK MA, IT's SAM )
AOE 3 (Shhh, I'm Thinking)

Maybe Bet on Soldier and Starship Troopers (all depends on the reviews).

Unfortunately all this wont happen for me in the month of October though It will be either Novemeber or December coz of the 1-2 month delay in India The damn funny part here is that these guys who sell the games have no idea as to what they sell.

Anyways, just FYI... will be playing MYST 5 in October Played the demo... Graphics is the best i have seen in any game thus far ... if i may say, better than FEAR and SS2

Old 09-11-2005, 11:05 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Age of Empires 3 is not an FPS, which is all the creator of this thread was talking about.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:13 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshter
Age of Empires 3 is not an FPS, which is all the creator of this thread was talking about.
OOPS i didnt see "for FPS fans"

Old 09-11-2005, 11:31 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

oops sry
this is by far on of the biggest years for games

Old 09-11-2005, 11:51 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

RichmanRush is offline Send a message via ICQ to RichmanRush

I agree! October is going to be a busy month for me as well (and November with the x360, if I can get my hands on one w/o having to buy the stupid bundle packages):

COD2 (already preordered)
Quake 4 (already preordered)
Serious Sam 2 (already preordered)
FEAR (already preordered)

and as you mentioned:
Shadow of the Colossus (I'm a die hard FPS guy, but I loved ICO, and SotC looks to be an amazing game. Good to see fresh ideas still coming out of some developers)

Last edited by RichmanRush; 09-11-2005 at 11:54 PM.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:32 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Im also waiting on the x360 but im going to wait for a little bit to get one
I cant wait for elder of scrolls iv oblivion

Old 09-12-2005, 01:03 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

ninjastan is offline Send a message via MSN to ninjastan Send a message via Yahoo to ninjastan

im looking foward to getting serious sam 2, but im not sure if should get it on pc or xbox

Old 09-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman--

If you're pc is somewhat recent, get it on pc.
Not only will you be able to play coop with more players, but there'll also be patches, mods and stuff like that.

--------------------------
My Page!

Old 09-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Fragman--
If you're pc is somewhat recent, get it on pc.
Not only will you be able to play coop with more players, but there'll also be patches, mods and stuff like that.

I agree im a pc lover and there is so much more u can do on the pc version. also the pc version is $10 dollars cheaper

Old 09-12-2005, 07:13 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Add Age of Empires III (i know it aint a FPS, but the demo was nice) to that list, and Call of Duty 2 as well (whee). I also believe that Brothers in Arms semi sequel is coming too

Last edited by DeathByDuke; 09-12-2005 at 07:15 PM. Reason: whoops, didnt notice the 'FPS' only bit

Old 09-13-2005, 12:05 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

[QUOTE=batsugun]If the release dates are correct, October is going to ROCK for FPS fans.

Serious Sam II 10/10/05

QUAKE 4 10/11/05

F.E.A.R 10/18/05

Starship Troopers (late Octobere early NOV in USA) 10/24/05 in UK

If these dates are correct Ill be very busy in october and BROKE! However im sure some of these dates will get shuffled around. Cant see all these games competing with eachother so close together.

I've played the F.E.A.R demo and Starship Troopers demo. Liked Starship Troopers better. Thought F.E.A.R was cheesey.

DOnt waste your money on Fear it sucks its a direct 3D product. To me a direct 3d game is a unfinished product. Direct 3d is old school and terrible in grafics compare to opengl.
I will not pay retail for a direct 3d game. this is why i found a web sight that will copy games for 3$ and i already ordered Fear from him. Or ill download them.
Bought i did preorder serious sam 2,Quake 4 DVD, LA Rush. Becuase they are finished polished products that run under OpenGl.
I tryed starship trooper the game is more a loner not team based. Not enough action.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:19 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman--

[QUOTE=Decap]
Quote:
Originally Posted by batsugun
I will not pay retail for a direct 3d game. this is why i found a web sight that will copy games for 3$ and i already ordered Fear from him. Or ill download them.
I think you can atleast expect a warning for that. You know that that is illegal right?
And what makes you think that Direct3d sucks?
Just because it's from Microsoft?
Both APIs usually give me about the same performance and look similar, there's not much difference to them (from a user point of view).

--------------------------
My Page!

Old 09-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
λ

Shrinker is offline Send a message via ICQ to Shrinker Send a message via AIM to Shrinker Send a message via MSN to Shrinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decap
You have just admitted use of warez, and we have a zero tolerance policy towards them. You are hereby banned for 1 month. In your vacational time, please read the rules so that you are prepared when you return.
   Arrival Mix | Tree of Life

Last edited by Shrinker; 09-13-2005 at 02:42 PM.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

That really pisses me off, a company puts well over a year and countless hours of work into a game, then people like that steal it.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:32 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

petmc20 is offline Send a message via AIM to petmc20 Send a message via MSN to petmc20

Tell me about it, and then you get the people who download games, music, videos from those file-sharing networks they have out now.

Gamers steal the games

Gamers don't pay the money

Programmers don't get the money

Programmers can't make games without money

No more games

SEE! Everyone loses then
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 09-13-2005, 07:35 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Spy Killah

Seriously! Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion777
That really pisses me off, a company puts well over a year and countless hours of work into a game, then people like that steal it.
If you count hours, assuming a standard work week of 40 hours, it's probably more like 5 years (in a 3 year timeframe).

Old 09-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

RichmanRush is offline Send a message via ICQ to RichmanRush

Thanks Shrinker!

BTW, I have the Shadow of the Colossus demo, just haven't played it yet (in the current issue of Official Playstation Magazine) but the pics show the boss as being quite huge (your character in one shot, is about the height of the Collossus' eye). So, Croteam has some serious competition (pun intended) if they really want to aim for that record of biggest boss. (Though I can't tell if it's the perspective of the shot that makes the size or what. And I also don't know the sizes of the other Colossi)

I can't wait to see these bosses in SS2 and for some hilarious co-op online action. Hope to see some of you guys/gals online next month! Anyone already planning on running dedicated co-op servers? (Gamemecca, where are you?! )

Old 09-13-2005, 09:03 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Fragman--
I think you can atleast expect a warning for that. You know that that is illegal right?
And what makes you think that Direct3d sucks?
Just because it's from Microsoft?
Both APIs usually give me about the same performance and look similar, there's not much difference to them (from a user point of view).

Im getting to the point DIirect 3D sucks it don't even come close to the smoothness and quality of OPENGL. IF you were a gamer you would see this but you are not. Any real gamer can tell from quality and crap product. Direct 3d does not come close to Quality look at FEAR. WIth those Grafics on high the game still looks like crap.
ONly people that like direct3d have slow computers and cant afford to run OPENGL becuase opengl requires powerfull grafics card and computer to run smooth Direct3d does not.
AND that not a warez sight U idiot its a backup copy sight ITs LEgal. THe ADMIN does not know his head from his A** and should'nt come to conclusion's. So he shouldn't be banning people. No matter what i can keep createing multypul accounts and always be here.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:07 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by petmc20
Tell me about it, and then you get the people who download games, music, videos from those file-sharing networks they have out now.

Gamers steal the games

Gamers don't pay the money

Programmers don't get the money

Programmers can't make games without money

No more games

SEE! Everyone loses then
well maybe the corporation deserves it since they dont make quality product. Lucky for croteam they do as long as they stay on Opengl. No one loses only the company that use direct3d . THen they should reconsider to a different engine like opengl. And by banning people that only pisses them off so they tell everyone else and download and not buy retail.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:09 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Exclamation

IN other words everyone OPENGL iS a finished product! DIrect 3d is not.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

What was the point in banning him if you just let him register with a new name?

Old 09-13-2005, 09:15 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
What was the point in banning him if you just let him register with a new name?
Just becuase some things you can stop in this world and one of them is someone creating a different account and logging in.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOjo
Just becuase some things you can stop in this world and one of them is someone creating a different account and logging in.
You do realise they can report you to your isp and have your internet service disconnected, don't you?

Old 09-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Quote:
You do realise they can report you to your isp and have your internet service disconnected, don't you?
Come on now Do you really think i will beleave that and for this perpose my ISP would laugh. Besides im behaving myself now. Enjoy my stay.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 PM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOjo
Come on now Do you really think i will beleave that and for this perpose my ISP would laugh. Besides im behaving myself now. Enjoy my stay.
Read the terms of service provided by your isp. Yes, people lose their internet connection all the time for doing what you have done.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 PM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Read the terms of service provided by your isp. Yes, people lose their internet connection all the time for doing what you have done.
Bah. Anyway its not like i didn't preorder it here is one of my orders history from ebgames.

Thank you for ordering from EBgames.com. Your order number is ******
You will need this number if you have any questions about your order.
As soon as we ship your order (pending credit authorization), we will
send you a separate shipment confirmation with more details. Our records
show that you have ordered the following:

SKU Qty Unit Price Total Platform Name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
257742 1 $29.99 $29.99 PC Serious Sam II DVD with Bonus!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $29.99

Shipping: $9.99
Tax: $3.32
-------------
Total: $43.30

I also ordered Quake 4 dvd and LA RUsh all these games are FInished product so i will pay retail for them. OPENGL Baby , its the way to go these days.

Last edited by Decap; 09-13-2005 at 09:30 PM.

Closed Thread