Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Console Editions

Serious Sam Console Editions The place to find all you ever wanted to know about the console releases of Serious Sam!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Default I'm gong to kick the ass of whomever thought the final boss in tne was good idea

It's a clever idea, but it doesn't work on consoles. Having to hit a tiny head (that's only vulnerable for a few second after you strip all of his armor) that moves around really fast while trying to move around with a controller is an awful idea. His HP is high enough that the only really effective weapon against him is the Sniper Rifle, but good luck trying to score headshots against a fast target with a controller. And those irritating Atlantians ever stop spawning, so it's pretty likely that the shitheads will gang up on you while you're trying to snipe the boss. It sure is great having one of them eat a bullet for what I thought was going to be a headshot on the boss.

I'd love to fight this guy with a keyboard and mouse. He'd be a lot more fun and challenging instead of just frustrating.

Rest of the game was great through. It was probably the easiest Serious Sam game I've played, but it felt more like a proper SS2 than the actual SS2 did.

Last edited by Squadala; 08-29-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Default Re: I'm gong to kick the ass of whomever thought the final boss was good idea

It took me many tries to figure out how to kill him as I too did have trouble with that last piece on the neck. After playing through the game many times now though, getting that last piece is very easy with the sniper rifle - aim roughly where it is then quick zoom and you got it. The best time to try and do this is right before or after he attacks - you can do it during if you are quick (easiest to hit when he's attacking but high risk of getting hit yourself).
Old 09-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Default Re: I'm gong to kick the ass of whomever thought the final boss was good idea

With the neck part, I just aim the Minigun near his head and it usually does the job. The Power Gun is too precise to hit it with a controller.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Ah true, I did have one of these myself:
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Mo.../dp/B000C4CHNM

Last edited by OoPpEe; 09-20-2011 at 08:44 AM.