Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Console Editions

Serious Sam Console Editions The place to find all you ever wanted to know about the console releases of Serious Sam!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 05:12 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default Whatever happened to the TNE:HD remake?

Wasn't Croteam going to make a Next Encounter remake? (Source)

I also remember hearing somewhere that a fan-made HD remake of SS:NE was being made. I'm just curious.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:22 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Default Re: Whatever happened to the HD remake?

Looks like they got Next Encounter mixed up with Second Encounter. AFAIK, there's never been plans for an official HD remake of Next Encounter. There is a fan-made HD remake of Next Encounter that's coming out as a mod for Serious Sam HD or Serious Sam 3, but they don't release a lot of news about it.

There was also a cryptically-worded poll on this site around Marchish 2011 that seemed to hint that Croteam could get the rights for Next Encounter and make and HD version of it, but it was lost in a forum crash we had a few months ago. Besides, Croteam is too busy with SS3 and supporting it and the SSHD games to mess around with an "official" HD remake of Next Encounter.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadala View Post
Looks like they got Next Encounter mixed up with Second Encounter. AFAIK, there's never been plans for an official HD remake of Next Encounter. There is a fan-made HD remake of Next Encounter that's coming out as a mod for Serious Sam HD or Serious Sam 3, but they don't release a lot of news about it.

There was also a cryptically-worded poll on this site around Marchish 2011 that seemed to hint that Croteam could get the rights for Next Encounter and make and HD version of it, but it was lost in a forum crash we had a few months ago. Besides, Croteam is too busy with SS3 and supporting it and the SSHD games to mess around with an "official" HD remake of Next Encounter.
Thanks for the info. I've been looking to replay it. Guess I just have to pick up another copy for PS2 for now.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:37 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

I personally would be satisfied with just a simple port to the 360/PS3/PC that supports 1080p and all. The game would need a complete redesign to be a full-priced title - a budget game I'd get it. I'd pay 800pts (1200 if they add more multiplayer modes) on the 360 to get it and pay $15 max on PS3/PC.