Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Revolution

Serious Sam Revolution An updated and streamlined version of Serious Sam Classic featuring a combined campaign, new multiplayer features, Steamworks, VAC, and a lot more.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #91   Add To Ignore List  
</3

King of the Cathedral

Default Re: Serious Sam: Revolution

Yes you are right. Fixed bugs. I mean add some good useful tools to SEd, SMd. Maybe create special program to making mods?
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #92   Add To Ignore List  
s! shitposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbewe View Post
Yes you are right. Fixed bugs. I mean add some good useful tools to SEd, SMd. Maybe create special program to making mods?
There is Serious Editor, Serious Modeler, .gros are openable with winrar... What else do you need?

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 01-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #93   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Btw are you going to add some new weapons that would be pretty sick, add a devostator or something like that ! It would be great for the dm and ctf mode
Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #94   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

I want modern tessellation instead TruForm
Old 01-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #95   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Has the "random low RoF for things that shoot lasers" bug been fixed? It's a really annoying bug.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #96   Add To Ignore List  
</3

King of the Cathedral

I have next ideas.
1) Fix bugs in Serious Runner - easy to create own server
2) Make locked every diffucult levels (so first we play on Tourist and when we finish we unlock Easy, finish Easy unlock Normal...)
Old 01-27-2013, 04:20 AM   #97   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

IMO the second idea is bad,being forced to play on tourist in the start.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #98   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Tourist is the best difficulty to go and search for secrets. Not grabbing 1 Health Bar and being attacked by ****ing Ugh Zan ..
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #99   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

well yeah,but i think its a bad idea to FORCE the players what difficulty they will play
Old 01-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #100   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Will some of the First+Second Encounter levels be slightly tweaked? Its just the start menu is catching my eye, i dont see the third temple on the right and I dont remember the tree being there, or is that just because of the angle you took the picture at?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #101   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbewe View Post
I have next ideas.
1) Fix bugs in Serious Runner - easy to create own server
2) Make locked every diffucult levels (so first we play on Tourist and when we finish we unlock Easy, finish Easy unlock Normal...)
I don't like your second idea. You also suggested many "kill x enemy x times" achievements. I don't like these elements at all. It seems that you want SS to be some kind of RPG grind fest.

Forcing players to play easier gamemodes is especially stupid if tagret of the game are veterans of previous games.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #102   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marston334 View Post
Will some of the First+Second Encounter levels be slightly tweaked? Its just the start menu is catching my eye, i dont see the third temple on the right and I dont remember the tree being there, or is that just because of the angle you took the picture at?
I think that's the angle I took the picture at lol

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #103   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Please, remove Tourist difficulty, Easy is already easy enough for noobs, and after you're done with testing, remove the cheat codes as well, or maybe make them work only in Serious Editor since they're useful for map testing.

Also it might be a good idea to change Mental difficulty to be more interesting than Serious. Since it's just hard with invisible enemies, I completed it once and never looked back. It's easier than Serious, boring too. One way to do it may be to remove the invisibility, and instead make it Serious with double the monsters. Just make all spawners spawn twice as much enemies. Only leave the bosses single, having 2 bosses bugs the hp bar.

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 01-27-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #104   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Very bad idea. Why the hell you want to take away choice? Tourist is good for secret searching, and guess what, some people even find the game hard on that.

Big NO about the removal of cheats as well, that's the only way for someone like me to play Serious difficulty or above. To just play for fun, not for challenge.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.

Last edited by Solais; 01-27-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #105   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

^ on to Tourist, I can't think of anyone who could possibly find it hard on Tourist, the game practically plays itself on that difficulty. A few years ago I even made some girls try it on Easy, and they had never played a shooter before, and they did just fine. The reason is because I see a lot of idiots play it on Tourist when they play it for the first time, even if they have a lot of experience in shooters, and then say it is boring and never play it again. I think if they played it on Normal they would have had a lot more fun with it.

And, on to the cheats, if Angelo decides to leave them, then at the very least invalidate the highscore like SS2, SSHD and SS3 do. The way it is now you just can't compare your highscore to someone else since you have no idea if he got his score with skill or cheats.

P.S. What makes Tourist better than the other difficulties for secret searching? You can find them on any difficulty. Also some secrets require rocket jumping or hurting yourself below 100 hp, and you can't do it on lower than Normal.

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 01-27-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #106   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Of course he'll make cheats deactivate leaderboards. That's so incredibly obvious. =/

Also I don't see how having Tourist IN the game affects you in any way. It's gonna stay in, what the heck is the problem? I can't even fathom how it has any effect on you.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #107   Add To Ignore List  
Me? Serious? How?

Now I'm asking this from a curious view point, but were those girls playing Co-op or Singleplayer?

So, in this new episode, will there be this new Mind-Bending gravity effect somewhere? Will there be a sort of niche like how South America had Falling Objects and cool physics (The Pit, anyone?), like how the Middle East had platforming w/ spikes, or how the Medieval Episode had a crap ton of enemies and Platforming and lava?

Well, still... Sounds fun!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #108   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

^Yes, they were playing single player, of course. As far as co-op goes, even the worst player can complete the game on Serious with infinite respawns. This might need some work too. Like, waiting until the other players complete the section before you can respawn, and if all die - game over
Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #109   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

If you gona add life system from Serious Sam Xbox version/Serious Sam II it would awesome if we could switch between these huds:
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2002/xbox/serioussam/serious_790screen010.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/serioussam/ru/images/f/fe/Serioussam_093002_11_640w.jpg

Last edited by majan_pl; 01-27-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #110   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavama View Post
Now I'm asking this from a curious view point, but were those girls playing Co-op or Singleplayer?

So, in this new episode, will there be this new Mind-Bending gravity effect somewhere? Will there be a sort of niche like how South America had Falling Objects and cool physics (The Pit, anyone?), like how the Middle East had platforming w/ spikes, or how the Medieval Episode had a crap ton of enemies and Platforming and lava?

Well, still... Sounds fun!

Heh, don't worry about it. We know that fighting endless waves of headless morons weren't the only thing shaping the nostalgic feeling for us. I don't know about you guys but crazy gravity Indiana-jones styled puzzles were a big part of Sam Classic for me, and the new levels will reflect well on that...
Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #111   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

All of these ideas about changing the difficulty or whatever are bad ideas. The whole point of SSR is to make the classic games work on modern OSes, not make some petty changes for you because you are sad that people can enjoy the game without it being hard as balls. Seriously, who cares if a beginner or co-op player isn't having trouble getting through the game?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #112   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

This is just my opinion on how the game can become way better and how it should have been from the beginning. Don't suddenly jump on me

P.S. That reminded me that Test 1 didn't have Tourist difficulty, which means it was added later.

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 01-27-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #113   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

freker is offline Send a message via MSN to freker

Quote:
Originally Posted by majan_pl View Post
If you gona add life system from Serious Sam Xbox version/Serious Sam II it would awesome if we could switch between these huds:
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2002/xbox/serioussam/serious_790screen010.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/serioussam/ru/images/f/fe/Serioussam_093002_11_640w.jpg
^THIS
Old 01-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #114   Add To Ignore List  
-RT
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by freker View Post
^THIS
Very much this. With this option Serious Sam II's intro will finally make sense!.. well, some of it anyway.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #115   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

I gotta agree. That HUD was amazing.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:35 AM   #116   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfGaming View Post
This is just my opinion on how the game can become way better and how it should have been from the beginning. Don't suddenly jump on me
All it would do is restrict how some people are able to enjoy the game. I don't see how it would make it "better" in any way.

I don't like to play on Serious difficulty (unless it's in co-op), but that doesn't mean I want Serious cut from the game. It wouldn't make the game better, that's for sure. o_O

Last edited by viper45; 01-28-2013 at 04:48 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #117   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I'm not finding any textures for the borders of the standard HUD, which means they're generated by code. Then, I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard to add an option in the Players and Controls menu to choose any color you like.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #118   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfGaming View Post
^ on to Tourist, I can't think of anyone who could possibly find it hard on Tourist, the game practically plays itself on that difficulty. A few years ago I even made some girls try it on Easy, and they had never played a shooter before, and they did just fine. The reason is because I see a lot of idiots play it on Tourist when they play it for the first time, even if they have a lot of experience in shooters, and then say it is boring and never play it again. I think if they played it on Normal they would have had a lot more fun with it.

And, on to the cheats, if Angelo decides to leave them, then at the very least invalidate the highscore like SS2, SSHD and SS3 do. The way it is now you just can't compare your highscore to someone else since you have no idea if he got his score with skill or cheats.

P.S. What makes Tourist better than the other difficulties for secret searching? You can find them on any difficulty. Also some secrets require rocket jumping or hurting yourself below 100 hp, and you can't do it on lower than Normal.
This was my biggest problem when i was at the age of 6. I played the game only on tourist, because i was too afraid of dying.Then i returned to it 2-3 years ago when HD was released (i had forgotten about the game for a couple of years,played only sam 2 and rarely) and beat it on higher difficulties and it was a blast from the past and i realised how much things i missed in the game. Like more enemy spawns, faster enemies, more difficult boss battles ( i hated ugh zan from the beggining ), lower ammo inventory, which kinda annoyed me at first, but i dealt with it. So yeah i agree on that !
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #119   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

If there is one thing I would like to see added to SSR, it's an arena mode, which is a competitive PvPvE mode where you and several other players have to compete with each other and score the most points by killing the enemies. It's a lot like Beast Hunt, but you're in an arena style level, and you're always licensed to kill. In fact, your bounty increases every time you frag an enemy or another player, and you lose points everytime you die. I remember discussing this idea a few years ago with AverageJoe and he, with the help of DeepBlue has made 2 maps that explored this concept.

I still have the map files :

GTL - Sandstorm by Deepblue and Average Joe
GTL - Superbasic Alfa by AverageJoe

You need to run those maps in Deathmatch or Scorematch mode. 10-15 minutes on Hard difficulty is the ideal setting.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #120   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
If there is one thing I would like to see added to SSR, it's an arena mode, which is a competitive PvPvE mode where you and several other players have to compete with each other and score the most points by killing the enemies. It's a lot like Beast Hunt, but you're in an arena style level, and you're always licensed to kill. In fact, your bounty increases every time you frag an enemy or another player, and you lose points everytime you die. I remember discussing this idea a few years ago with AverageJoe and he, with the help of DeepBlue has made 2 maps that explored this concept.

I still have the map files :

GTL - Sandstorm by Deepblue and Average Joe
GTL - Superbasic Alfa by AverageJoe

You need to run those maps in Deathmatch or Scorematch mode. 10-15 minutes on Hard difficulty is the ideal setting.
Yay for the sandstorm map, I've searched it everywhere