Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Revolution

Serious Sam Revolution An updated and streamlined version of Serious Sam Classic featuring a combined campaign, new multiplayer features, Steamworks, VAC, and a lot more.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 07:20 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe
Lightbulb The Feature Request Thread

I've noticed people placing requests randomly on this board. Let's make this easier for Alligator Pit.
Instead of posting requests in the various game update threads, just post them here.
No arguments please.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I think a generic enemy entity would be the coolest thing ever.
Unique Bosses would be significantly easier to make, among many other things.
If there were a way to assign the character and players to an arbitrary faction, then even more windows become available.
Things like NPCs delivering quests, and partaking in quests.

I'm sure that these are a far bit out there, but they are just a few ideas to start the thread.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Default Re: The Feature Request Thread

Generic enemy entity is definitely something I've been wanting to do for a while but never got around to.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 05-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

How about changing the credits panning scene of the Grand Cathedral from Classic PC to XBox/HD style camera pan. However, the problem will be the credits text (because it's long) and the music? Maybe, slow down the panning a bit to fit the credits?... Can this be a request?

NOTE: It's optional...... So, if you don't like it........................... that's fine and okay..

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 05-18-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:42 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Great idea to have one big Thread for request/suggestions. Here are mine:

- Make the Leaderboards like in HD, every level has is own ranking and you can filter to show only friends.

- Make Xbox Models offical integrated. Under Video Options there could be an "Use classic Models" Option for those who doesnt want them

- A "fullscreen" Splitscreen without Borders

- An Option to have a huge arrow over your friends head while playing coop/Splitscreen like in the Xbox version.

- A Master Volume Control

- The abillity to make the music even louder. even with 100% Music volume, its still not loud enough in some areas

- Resize the Map from the Loading screen so that we dont have tiny pictures while playing in high resolutions

- An Option to play coop with lifes like in SS3. Dont know what that modes was called in english. Coin ops? I found it much more fun to play with a actual challenge.

- Ability to save online coop games

- An Option to show on hud how many kills/secrets you have in this level. Like the "show time" option.

- An Option to have SE Weapons/Enemys in FE. Maybe put the SE Weapons in FE as secrets.

- Detailed lifetime stats

- An Option to automatically skip the intro and jump straight to the menu when starting the game
Old 05-19-2014, 09:03 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzilli View Post
Great idea to have one big Thread for request/suggestions. Here are mine:

- Make the Leaderboards like in HD, every level has is own ranking and you can filter to show only friends.

- A Master Volume Control
Already in next update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzilli View Post
- An Option to automatically skip the intro and jump straight to the menu when starting the game
Already in game, start game with +skipintro

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 05-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Well as I was saying in the Serious Sam Revolution thread.

Quote:
I would like to suggest a tweak to the new game menu (more like an overhaul to be honest) via setting it up like this
  • New Game
    • First Encounter
      • Temple of Hatshepsut
      • Etc, Etc...
    • Second Encounter
      • Sierra de Chiapas
      • Etc, Etc...
    • Bright Island
      • Etc, Etc...
  • Load Game
  • Custom Level (for single levels that are not part of a levelset)
    • Technology Test
    • Karnak Demo
    • Palenque Demo
    • Etc, Etc...
  • Custom Campaign (for levelsets with more than one level)
    • (Generic Campaign)
      • Etc, Etc...
Basically something a little more tidy and organized, like the way the new game menu is handled in Serious Sam HD and Serious Sam 3: BFE
Also I cannot help but notice that even at max sound effects volume, the item pickup sounds are quieter than the enemy sounds (which is not a good thing in my book). I also noticed that the items pickup sounds sometime fails to play in online co-op, Might I suggest making the code handling the item pickup sounds be a clientside thing rather than a server thing?

Last edited by FireSeraphim; 05-19-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSeraphim
I also noticed that the items pickup sounds sometime fails to play in online co-op,
The pickup sounds fail to play when you're full on that type of item. While I'm not 100% sure, I don't think you're actually supposed to be able to pick them up when full... but the host assumes you picked up the item, so it vanishes on your end.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:17 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

I forgot something that I should have posted a while ago.. Add those chrome effects to all of the players weapons like in Classic TFE.

NOTE: THIS IS ANOTHER OPTIONAL request.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

HUD Theme extensions to include optional Weapon and Enemy conversion packs.
Simple in concept, nightmare to implement.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Weapon and enemy conversion packs?

Old 05-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

Right. There are multiple HUD Theme selections, why not also include Menu Selections for Weapon or Enemy Replacements?

This is what I'm getting at: It would be neat if the map could explicitly select these three packages with WorldSettingsController or something.
Total Conversions would be very easy then, and also map specific.
FE hud for FE levels, SE hud for SE levels, Xbox Weapons & Enemies for Xbox hud, etc..
There might be some things to work out regarding maps selecting packages that don't exist.
Edit: Also if the player prefers a hud, weapon and enemy package over the map's settings.
Some type of Always Use Player's Selection in Player Config or the Replacement Menu.

Last edited by AverageJoe; 05-23-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Good point. Also, not as hard as you think it is to implement.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:44 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

Horray!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

A:How about something like a L4D-like Director that spawns in Enemies according to the Geometry of the map area and spawn in supplies and enemies.

B:A Enemy Randomizer like from the Xbox mod that randomly replaces an enemy type with another and a easy to create a enemy tool that corresponds with this, and then you can click on an enemy to chose which replaces what for example: Randomize Rocketeer *click* which enemy? (Bomber,Firecracker,Zorg,etc)
Old 06-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klastnic View Post
something like a L4D-like Director that spawns in Enemies according to the Geometry of the map
Already present in Origins. Requires no waypoints/spawn areas/etc, just one entity. Also spawns items. Works perfectly.
[/advertisement]
Old 06-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

So, basically a random spawner instead of the carefully designed and balanced encounters of the original games. Got it.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Well yea if you want to think of it like that, but like every level will have a different feel for every playthrough.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
a random spawner instead of the carefully designed and balanced encounters of the original games
A random spawner that produces enemy encounters that look carefully designed and balanced, and works all over the map regardless of geometry.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:41 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Doesn't the L4D director work based on your health and condition regardless of geometry?
Old 06-03-2014, 02:37 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

I would love to see TF2 like Randomizer mod. Each time you spawn you get a new weapon. The difference would be that you also can get weapons from the monsters. You could use Minor Biomechanoid laser which shoots only in small bursts, Lava Golem rocks, Zorgs lasers, Zumbul rockets or Kleers chains and so on. If it is possible maybe even weapons form the bosses? Like Ugh-Zan III or Exotech Larva. This mode would be super fun and chaotic. I don't know about you but I always wanted to play on their side or at least use their weaponry c: . Maybe it could work in coop too?

Also suggestion to the last update. Mine layer works too slowly imo. Time which takes Mines to land is too long. And on the top of that detonation is after short and annoying delay. At least remove detonation delay it is totally unnecessary and makes it hard to use against AI.
It could be more visible if you added glowing/animated texture on the top of it (little bulb or diode or something or flashing particle effect). Light works fine but in some cases light can't be visible. On the new map Medieval Trouble on those invisible bridges you can see no light for example, floor have to be nontransparent to be able to see the light.

BTW maybe team colored light on the mines in team modes?

Last edited by majan_pl; 06-03-2014 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:15 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Instant explosion would make the Minelayer to be the same as the Grenade Launcher. It's a tactical weapon, not used in the heat of a battle, but in preparation of that. Or ****ing over people in Versus. And there's actually an animated texture on the top of it as far as I know.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:30 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

You know mines have a sense range at which it will sense enemies and explode when it gets in range, right? It doesn't require you to press secondary fire at all times!

Old 06-03-2014, 03:42 AM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

I'm only saying about manual detonation. Which imo is more interesting. Auto-detonation could have delay it is lame anyway ;d .

Grenade launcher differs from mine by charged shots which allows it to make viable on long distances. I have to say that?

Auto-detonation mines are in fact more similar to fights at close range with GL. But detonation delay makes it just worse than GL. So imo Manual and instant detonation (after mine is armed of course) is more unique and differs it more from GL. Which would also make it more viable against AI.

But if you want to make automines, then I suggest bigger explosion for it to be more effective. That would make it better at killing big groups of small enemies than GL. Also would make it better at zoning out territory. AND make each mine immune to explosions from other friendly mines (but you could still destroy mines from enemy players in versus).

Current mix is bad for those who want auto and for those who want manual imo.

Last edited by majan_pl; 06-03-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:52 AM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

In terms of Serious Sam, such weapon is called a pipebomb.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:18 AM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majan_pl View Post
I'm only saying about manual detonation. Which imo is more interesting. Auto-detonation could have delay it is lame anyway ;d .

Grenade launcher differs from mine by charged shots which allows it to make viable on long distances. I have to say that?

Auto-detonation mines are in fact more similar to fights at close range with GL. But detonation delay makes it just worse than GL. So imo Manual and instant detonation (after mine is armed of course) is more unique and differs it more from GL. Which would also make it more viable against AI.

But if you want to make automines, then I suggest bigger explosion for it to be more effective. That would make it better at killing big groups of small enemies than GL. Also would make it better at zoning out territory.

Current mix is bad for those who want auto and for those who want manual imo.
Hmm, you make good points, I'll think about it.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:39 AM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

I played a bit more of it and saw that explosion damage is the same as GL. With that and no direct hit damage AND 30 ammo instead of 50/100. Mine layer is just plain worse.

And I have noticed that, like Solais said, that mines have diode. But it doesn't work, so particle which would flash every 1 or 2 second when mine is active would be better. Some textures mess up the light pretty badly:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3314960403029116065/1FF4D6D6E395E21402ECFF7C840B68E78519A1D4/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3314960403029115014/435BF9C2483CE3CDDD802F0A9039777308A0A2FD/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3314960403029113485/0FA53271FD62630A0DB8BB637910FDF0ED8E20E2/

Last edited by majan_pl; 06-03-2014 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

You guys should fixed the "bobbing" if sharp turning is off. I mean for example: if you strafe right, it stays as if it is strafe right even if you stop strafing while running straight. In Serious Sam 2, Serious Sam HD and Serious 3, this bobbing thingy is fixed. This thing is present in all of the Classics and so as Rev.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

A few new suggestions:

- Ingame Voting for multiplayer
- Add Music to Desert Temple
- More FE Themed Levels
- A Mutator for all weapons (bonus weapons like Plasma Beam included)
- Mutator for dual Wield all weapons
- An Option to activate the epic "SERIOUS DAMAGE" sound from SS2
Old 06-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

You can turn off weapon bobbing in the player settings. Are you talking about something more specific?

I think the mine layer is good enough as is. It's not meant to be more powerful than the GL or to replace it.
Generally, those SWDM weapons were meant for PvP, not PvE.
This also means that the campaign levels themselves were not intended to work smoothly with the SWDM weapons in terms of aesthetics.
Placing such a high standard on something that never before had a standard seems exceedingly arrogant.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
You can turn off weapon bobbing in the player settings. Are you talking about something more specific?
I'm talking about the camera bobbing if Sharp Turning is OFF. (Why do I have to post this again?) Anyway, it's because for example if you strafe right, the camera do a roll to the right as well. However, if you continue moving while not strafing (backwards or forward), the camera roll is still in that strafing mode unless you jumped or stop moving. Same goes by strafing left too.....

Also, what I also want to request is featuring smooth animation transitions (It's because they instantly transition to another animation like a "robot.") that's now present in today's Serious Sam games which it first began on Serious Sam XBox.

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 06-04-2014 at 01:05 AM.