Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Console Editions

Serious Sam Console Editions The place to find all you ever wanted to know about the console releases of Serious Sam!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Unhappy SS3 BFE-Not Recognized

I bought the Xbox 360 anthology package Serious Sam Collection, and tried it for the first time today. First Encounter, Second Encounter and Double D XXL work perfectly fine, but 3 won't start. I thought maybe I have to install the Jewel Of The Nile DLC, but that didn't work. I then searched on the Xbox Live marketplace, but that game isn't showing up at all. What gives?
Old 02-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Default Re: SS3 BFE-Not Recognized

Hey there. What do you mean with "won't start?" It's a retail package and your console doesn't recognize the disk? Are you trying it on an Xbox One or a 360? Do you get any errors at all?
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 02-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I put the disc into my 360 (which I was lucky not to throw out when I got my Xbox One). I put the disc in, and I can easily play First Encounter, Second Encounter and Double D XXL. When I press 3, I get errors like 'Disc is unreadable" or "DLC failed to install," even when I'm not trying to install the Jewel of the Nile DLC. I then went into Browse Games to try and buy and download the game there, but it doesn't show up, as if it doesn't exist. But of course the other games are there.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:59 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

That's odd. So the console recognizes your Serious Sam 3 disc but when you run the game it gives the unreadable disc error? In that case, have you tried installing the game to your 360 hard drive and running it then? And is there a way to test it on someone else's 360? That way you could see if it's a faulty disc.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:03 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I did try that. The process never gets past 35% before I'm told "there was an error reading the disc. Try cleaning it." Then, I can't download the game off the Xbox Live. It won't appear on my 36. When I search on a computer, it appears, but there is no download available. See for yourself.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:23 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

So how does the disc itself look? Is it scratched? Maybe you can contact Devolver (assuming they published the retail copies) or go to the store you bought it from and maybe you can get it swapped for a new one, see if that works.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I got my copy via Amazon 6 months ago. I did contact Devolver and placed a comment in the support forums on the Xbox website. But did you look on the website or the Xbox Live marketplace and see the absence of 3?
Old 02-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

(https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...5-d8025841127f)

As you can, there is no download or price available whatsoever. When I use my Xbox 360 to do the browse games feature, it doesn't even show up whatsoever, like it doesn't exist. So the problem is bigger than the disc.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:13 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

It is possible that support for the digital version of the game was dropped from the Xbox Live Marketplace. However, that should have absolutely no bearing on issues with a physical disc. Microsoft doesn't just drop support for physical discs on the 360. Heck, you don't even need a Live connection to play disc games.

The error message you are getting is indicative of a faulty disc. I'm assuming you bought it used? Hate to say it, the only solution is to get a different disc, either by purchasing another secondhand copy or see if Devolver will replace it.