Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Cool Classic Next Encounter Enemies mod SSHD/SS2

I want to make a mod for SeriousSam HD and SeriousSam 2 adding classic enemies from SeriousSam Next encounter (PS2) but i can't rip enemies models. Who can make a model pack with ripped enemies (in lwo or 3ds)?
Old 09-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

Default Re: Classic Next Encounter Enemies mod SSHD/SS2

I would like to, but first I need the original files, also which type of files are those? I wanna know if I could be able to rip them. It depends of the type though.

Procyon, alive... and still shining.
Check STM 1.08B for SSSE by Troy and Zeo.
French mapper and modder since 2010.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

on PS2 models use .msh format, but it is not a MESH file
Old 09-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

As an HD: Next Encounter dev, I know not only is the ability to rip the models from NE possible, but how to do it as well. Though if the information hasn't been publicly released yet, there is likely a reason why. Though not like the info matters. I don't believe that many of us have 32-bit OS's. Making this knowledge almost entirely useless.

EDIT: Also, the mod isn't using any of the ripped models. Some will argue that it is, but it's not. However, these models were used as reference for the mappers as the entire remodeling process for the models (buildings and the such) used in the mod were done within the Editor itself. Multiple devs from the old team made this clear, no matter how many people would actually listen to them. Added just so I wouldn't cause misconceptions.

inb4 Solais tries to prove me wrong.

Last edited by Greyson; 09-04-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

That "secret knowledge" to rip models is kinda widespread on these forums, you know.

That's how Misch originally used to create the SS2 Spiders for my first work, Forgotten City, and I also used it for a not-yet-introduced enemy for my Extended. Finzy and Pan's Fantasy Legend mod series was also made using this method, along with almost every player model for SSHD and SS3.

EDIT: And yes, then even the old devs are telling you wrong. The -only- explanation I can accept if they modeled those "new models" outside of the editor; then -some- of the clues would be explained. On the other hand, one would expect the quality of those new models to be better than the old. (With the exception of the terrain, which is, again, self-created and genuine).
I think you should stop idolizing the old devs as mapper geniuses who can do such that others can't, because it would only demoralize the current team, making them believe that the project is dead without Sanches, which is not the case. We can do as much as them, if not more.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais
I think you should stop idolizing the old devs as mapper geniuses who can do such that others can't
How about you stop idolizing yourself?

Also, you think that i'm demoralizing the new team and giving off the perception that the mod will die without Sanches1sa? Man, I didn't realize. I'm sorry for the whole 0 times I ever said anything close to that. In fact, I now regret telling Sanches1sa just two day ago that we've got the talent required to continue development of it without him. What a fool I was to convince him that the mod wouldn't die without him, when he thought it would.

And.... you know what? I'll let Sanches1sa fill you people in on that information. hehe.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I'm not idolizing myself, I'm well aware of what I don't know, and I also complimented the works of others working on the mod; why do you think I've been mentioning the genuine terrains all the time? I'm really impressed with that work, especially on Magao Caves.

And yeah, you kinda did. You announced that he would be going away from the project and then you mentioned how great he did these things. I was afraid that your actions might cause demoralization of the team. As someone who is moved by the very potential of content creation and saddens the most when a potential is wasted, I refuse this project to die, so I felt I needed to take action. I think more was said about his and our work than should have been.

Maybe with more communication and more transparency towards how everything works (because I also still refuse that most of the content was completely custom made, when there are many evidence contrary to that; he also seems to not tell everything to his team regarding how things work, only giving half answers), we would have avoided this misunderstanding. From my side, I'm sorry. But we still need to take action for us to work better as a team. That's why I made the Super Patch in the first place, to make everything more streamlined, so this project will never die again.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.

Last edited by Solais; 09-04-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
I'm not idolizing myself, I'm well aware of what I don't know, and I also complimented the works of others working on the mod; why do you think I've been mentioning the genuine terrains all the time? I'm really impressed with that work, especially on Magao Caves.
Some others here would disagree. I talked with a few other people about this mod, particularly about your 'plans' of change, and one commented about you being a "project killer" and the other said "Sadly he has a pretty high ego, he always acts so.... I mean he has very good talents, but that doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it." So that just wasn't my personal opinion, it's something some of us think.

Quote:
And yeah, you kinda did. You announced that he would be going away from the project and then you mentioned how great he did these things. I was afraid that your actions might cause demoralization of the team. As someone who is moved by the very potential of content creation and saddens the most when a potential is wasted, I refuse this project to die, so I felt I needed to take action. I think more was said about his and our work than should have been.
Yes, I did announce that Sanches1sa was leaving the project for reasons of school, but I never said he did things great. Well, at least in the mapping department. I did say he could do texture work and modeling, but I don't particularly understand how that would've caused demoralization. Unless you're referring to this:

Quote:
Because we're modeling the levels entirely from scratch. Could you image having to do that for the what, 30 - 35 levels that we've yet to do any work on all by yourself? Not only that, but he isn't going to be available for much longer, remember?
In which case, really? Sure it made it seem like he did so much, but does it really take an engineer from NASA to figure out the majority of the 'finished' levels were done by the old team? Really, the only levels that come to mind in terms of starting production when we arrived was Opening the Aurelian Gates and A few other levels.

And about talks of 'our' work. It needed to be said. People need to realize what kind of team is working on this thing. They need to realize that there is manpower missing that is needed to finish this mod. It's true. Not saying the team isn't strong, but it can't be denied that we need more people who are experienced in certain fields (like creating textures).

Quote:
Maybe with more communication and more transparency towards how everything works (because I also still refuse that most of the content was completely custom made, when there are many evidence contrary to that; he also seems to not tell everything to his team regarding how things work, only giving half answers), we would have avoided this misunderstanding. From my side, I'm sorry. But we still need to take action for us to work better as a team. That's why I made the Super Patch in the first place, to make everything more streamlined, so this project will never die again.
Sorry as well. Keep in mind, this ins't the first time i've done shit like this.

Anyway, communication is definitely a big issue at the moment. Sanches1sa rarely stepped in on some big developmental arguments that he was needed for to settle. Though, this problem will soon be fixed....

Remember how I mentioned I talked with him a two days ago? Here's something I don't know if he's informed anyone of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam Chat
SR.MIIX: So thank u. My last work is The Temple of neptune, and i will realize this then i ll go away for a year I'll be able to test some new maps and contents when i could do this
Greyson [rawr]: So I assume i'm project lead now? As you don't have the time to do this anymore.
SR.MIIX: Yes Good luck i could do something at the weekends maybe
SR.MIIX: But u re leader
SR.MIIX: Take this project
SR.MIIX: and be safe
A few months back, when we were discussing schedule plans, he told me that if we were to take the polish route (The much longer development cycle, but better mod), that there would come a time where school would take most of his time and prevent him from being able to work on it until he's finished for the year. In that same conversation, he wanted me to take over as Project Lead in his absence. When his latest work is released to beta testers, i'll be in charge.

Here's the problem though, i'm not a good mapper and just started modeling in 3DS Max. So while I have no problems leading the mod, as in making design choices, laying out a schedule and goals to work by, settling design arguments, etc., but you know I can't map (not without resources anyway).

At first, I thought this was going to be an issue. However, when I managed to get Silver back and seeing as you have the determination to see this mod through, this puts me in a place of ease.

I figure at this point, I might've said too much. That, I can't really deny, but I needed to get everything I had to say on this topic off my mind. It's been bugging me for a while now.

Also....

Opening the Aurelian Gates is custom made. I'm sure of it. There are quite a few noticeable changes in the HD model compared to it's SD counter part. I'll let you decide if it is, but i'm sure of it. As for the other maps, I'll finally agree. But we're not going to use NE models anymore. Custom made from here on out. THAT'S AN ORDER, SOLDIER!

You might've also noticed I became less of dick through out this post. That happens.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I'm perfectly aware that Aurelian Gates is custom made, as I noticed while patching it. I also know that not every map was made by Sanches, since he already told me who did what, and through the patching process, it was made obvious through the quality. (Really, the most obvious evidence is how crumbs are done, if they present on the level or not, are they black or not, and how their masks are made.)

I actually suggest using the already made SSNE models, that will make our work faster.

As for this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Some others here would disagree. I talked with a few other people about this mod, particularly about your 'plans' of change, and one commented about you being a "project killer" and the other said "Sadly he has a pretty high ego, he always acts so.... I mean he has very good talents, but that doesn't mean you have to be a jerk about it." So that just wasn't my personal opinion, it's something some of us think.
I'm not surprised by this, you'd realize it soon enough that many content creator gives out the same aura, even without us realizing it. Even with your "As an HD: Next Encounter dev, I know not only is the ability to rip the models from NE possible, but how to do it as well.", you already given ammo to people to criticize you for your entitlement. It's something game developers and content creators face every day. It's basically having the power over the content the users might receive and want to receive. It might be also the power of competition. I actually dislike when people only talk about it behind my back, instead of confronting me about it.

If I really would be a "project killer", then I wouldn't have helped at all with the project, nor I have made extra efforts to make sure everyone has their own choice when it comes to how to play the mod.

Last edited by Solais; 09-04-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron3000
In all the years Ive been skulking around Seriouszone, if there's one guy I can say is at the top of the mountain of modding, that'd be Solais., be it by initiative or simply all out brainstorming new ideas, the guy delivers, and heck he's on board Rev, NEHD, and remaking Serious Sam 1!
No disrespect towards Solais intended (not anymore, anyway). I realize he's a fantastic mapper. Better than anything I can dream of being. I just have a hard time dealing with anything when i'm stressed out. Typically because i'm rarely stressed out. Hence, why my mind was a complete cluster **** today when posting these replies. Yes, believe it or not, being Project Lead now is quite stressful, but exciting at the same time. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais
If I really would be a "project killer", then I wouldn't have helped at all with the project, nor I have made extra efforts to make sure everyone has their own choice when it comes to how to play the mod.
I wasn't the one calling you the project killer, as I realize that you're trying to be far from it. Though if you want to talk to the person who did say this, message me on Steam. Just so it can be settled between you two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron3000
Wowza Greyzon, I'm not particularly in acquaintance with the mod's current state or with you, but if you reread your last 2 posts you may find that you've gone a bit wacko.
*Points towards the 'drama' with Kazuya.*

This... this is normal.

Also, that comment allow earned you a chance to participate in QA testing. Private message me on the forums with your Steam ID if you'd like to take up the offer.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually, just yesterday I found this: http://www.serioussite.ru/photo/clav...orum1/4-0-1184

It's a thing.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:19 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

hey hey hey,if you both have any problem better move it on to PM,this is getting totally off-topic,all the guy wanted is if people could rip him some SSNE models and got a drama.
and as for the record,i do agree a bit with solais, this "As a SSHD:NE developer...",you are trying to blame solais for what you do too,solais also sometimes acts like that,but you cant blame him when you are doing the same.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

It is okay, this has been resolved. And yeah, ripping enemies from SSNE -is- possible, however that's really just the easiest part of the work, because after that the enemy must be imported, rigged, animated, set up, it's a job that can take months.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

well unless you know what you are doing,it can take just some hours
Old 09-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Not if you want unique animations.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:44 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

animations is a really hard job,but i dont think it something that takes a month
Old 09-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

If that would be true, I wouldn't be waiting for that one last important resource for Extended.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

To make this mod i only need meshes, textures, sounds and (possibly) skeletons. I can make some good animations for models.

About ripping in HD:NE i see ripped model legionnaire ant with skeleton and animation.

Last edited by SeriousNorbo; 09-05-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah, that was by Alexej, though I think he never finished it (because we'd have it otherwise). However those skeletons and animations were created from scratch, not converted.

Meshes and Textures can be obtained with the 3DRipper tool, if you have a legit copy of the PS2 version of SSNE and if you're able to run it on a PS2 emulator.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

I know, but PS2 Emulator don't work on my PC for an unknow reason.

Edit:Alredy works . but 3d ripper don't catch frames.

Last edited by SeriousNorbo; 09-08-2013 at 08:02 AM.