Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > The Talos Principle

The Talos Principle The home of The Talos Principle: a new IP developed by Croteam.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default The Holy Days

http://i.imgur.com/oKODtzG.jpg

It's been a tradition of mine for the last three years to work my ass off to release something for Christmas.

While I had to cut down the content for a while, supplying them later in patches (more info in the workshop description), here is it, my newest work, The Holy Days.

Download it on the Steam Workshop: >>Here<<

http://i.imgur.com/mjjIbMWs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5nubEGms.jpg http://i.imgur.com/1yCgP9us.jpg http://i.imgur.com/gKtDk8Is.jpg

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:59 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: The Holy Days

There were some bugs. They are gone now.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:22 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Well, I've played through it.

Nine Lights
It's one of those "at first it seems so difficult but it's actually easy" puzzles.
How I did it:
I just connected the top lasers first, then started a recording, sat around for a minute or two and then connected the other lasers...

Red and Green
I liked this one. It's neat how you can just climb over all the walls but it doesn't really break the puzzle.
How I did it:
First I got the cube (uh, I mean hexahedron), connector and platform over the wall. Then it was just a matter of figuring out how to connect both lasers using the recording. Not the hardest puzzle, but the mine made it all more exciting, as mines usually do.

Feat of Strength
I liked this one too, although not as much as Red and Green. Just had a bit too much running around with cubes for my taste
How I did it:
Placed lenses on the walls so I didn't really need all three lenses, just one really. It was a bit annoying that I couldn't tell which of the three big platforms was the shortest so I tried climbing the wrong one first. Also, I didn't really need the last cube, but I got it anyway

Oh, Christmas tree...
This one was cool. Might be my favorite. It's easier to figure out what to do than "Red and Green" I'd say, but harder to execute because of all the mines. I got blown up so much...
How I did it:
Just the regular expected way Not much else to say.

However, I have no idea what the extra two jammers at the end were for...

I did get the Star in Oh, Christmas tree... too.
I got a fan out of Red and Green by climbing/jumping over the walls, then from the spawn I went around the "Oh, Christmas tree..." level until I found some rocks that I used to climb onto the wall and to the fan.

I didn't find any other Star, but I'm guessing they might not be implemented yet and are rather a teaser like the extra Tetromino pieces? Dunno

Edit: Overall, I'd say the puzzles were rather on the easy side for me as far as figuring them out goes, and I guess about normal for the actual execution.

Edit 2: I really like that laser light Christmas tree! It's just so cool!

Edit 3: I tried ghosting into the presents to find more Stars

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 12-28-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Two stars need to be spawned somehow...

Thanks for the feedback! The Feats of Strength one was nerfed a little due to a jumping bug, hence why it probably needs one less cube now. As for the two jammers, they are for jamming the two mines to enjoy the laser tree without it being interrupted all the time.

Last edited by Solais; 12-28-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Two stars need to be spawned somehow...

Thanks for the feedback! The Feats of Strength one was nerfed a little due to a jumping bug, hence why it probably needs one less cube now. As for the two jammers, they are for jamming the two mines to enjoy the laser tree without it being interrupted all the time.
Ah, I thought that might be the case with the Jammers. Sweet revenge on those pesky mines!

Although I did consider they might have some extra secret purpose too.

I'll go looking for the other two stars tomorrow!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I tried getting the lenses and/or cubes out of Feats of Strength over the gate. I couldn't manage to do it.

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 12-28-2014 at 03:58 PM.