Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2 > Serious Sam 2 Workshop

Serious Sam 2 Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 2 projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 03:03 PM   #61   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Default Re: InSamnity! 2 / Parse Error 2 is now ready for your playing pleasure.

Deepblue's post just gave me an idea. How about trying to create the alternate chainsaw fire that was originally implemented that Croteam took out prior to release? It was shown in the E3 demo a few years back, and was the ability to shoot the saw blade from the gun at enemies.

Anyway, I must greatly thank you for this mod. A couple nights ago I played through the whole kleer planet by myself with 10x enemies. And I must say it was the greatest gaming experience I've had since the time I popped in the SSFE Karnak demo for the first time.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:41 AM   #62   Add To Ignore List  
Updating Fool

Default Re: InSamnity! 2 / Parse Error 2 is now ready for your playing pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twl View Post
Other problem :

When the infinity ammo is on, the ammo won't spawn. Some levels (including SS2 lvls), requires the ammo to be taken to be activated. For example, in the first level of Siruis, you need to collect the shotgun, rocket launcher, and the gernade (but the gernade do not spawn)
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I knew that something was wrong there, but it never stopped the game from progressing, so I just got used to it I suppose.

That level is one of the rare ones that actually use the events of spawned ammo being picked up. I've added some code that seems to fix things there, but so far there are a couple other levels in the map that use spawned ammo to trigger something where it isn't working properly. Still not sure why this is happening, but even if I can't resolve this problem, it's only a few enemies out of thousands. And not one of them is detrimental to gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDx3000
Hey, this one was cool for first and second, and it is just as cool for Serious Sam 2 But could you somehow make an option for disabling or replacing enemies?
Me and a Friend would like to have a go, but we hate the witches on broms >_O or atleast he does hyuk-hyuk-hyuk.
Possible?
Possible. If I can find the time I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasser
ah...just played mental institute with 4x enemy count...and it was a freaking joy...the utter mayhem is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimli
I don't know, it seemed kind of easy, so I would guess 50% (though I'm not sure which difficulty I've set it to - Normal or Serious). I'll be sure to give you other gameplay bugs/issues/suggestions in the future, as I find them.

One other thing I noticed before but forgot to mention it: In vehicles (hovercraft in Coast to Cost for example) the aim is not correct - sometimes I aim directly at an enemy and the shots go above the enemy.
Thanks, and fixed as of the latest version, 1.054.

- Alternate fire...

Well, it's like this, I pretty much have to choose between the grenades and alternate fire for the weapons, and so far the grenades have won

Reiless, thanks for all of your suggestions. I will take them into consideration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider
Deepblue's post just gave me an idea. How about trying to create the alternate chainsaw fire that was originally implemented that Croteam took out prior to release? It was shown in the E3 demo a few years back, and was the ability to shoot the saw blade from the gun at enemies.

Anyway, I must greatly thank you for this mod. A couple nights ago I played through the whole kleer planet by myself with 10x enemies. And I must say it was the greatest gaming experience I've had since the time I popped in the SSFE Karnak demo for the first time.
1. See above, I like the grenades a lot, but it's possible that some weapons could implement a secondary fire, while others use the grenade. I'll have to see how things go.

2. Now that, is a compliment. Things like this make it all worthwhile, thanks

Last edited by D w K; 09-29-2006 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:19 AM   #63   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Talking Re: InSamnity! 2 / Parse Error 2 is now ready for your playing pleasure.

I have played mental institute too, with 6x enemy count.
It was totaly SS1 cool

I have no slowdown

I love this Crazy mod.

There is just some small bugs, in some levels where you have to take some ammo or weapons to go on. but, there was nothing to take

For now i give it 9 out of 10.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:44 AM   #64   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by D w K View Post
- Alternate fire...

Well, it's like this, I pretty much have to choose between the grenades and alternate fire for the weapons, and so far the grenades have won
Can't you bind the grenades to a seperate key like Q and alternate fire on RMB?
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 09-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #65   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
For the last point, SS1 maps are made using primitives. SS2 uses models.
Also the texture formats are different

In point 3 for the ideas you already wanted in the first version, some weapons did have alternate fire;

- Knife had throwing knives
- rocket launcher had homing ability
- Grenade launcher had one huge grenade
- Flamethrower had fireballs

Also for alternate fire to work in SS2, you'd have to remove the grenades and some people enjoy using them (Like me)
Not true! Just put the Throw grenade on a diffrent key. Example a Keyboard key close to your personal movement keys. So you can throw grenades as well as shoting your weapoins. And ya I know some weapons had altfire, and hmm may bring that back ? Well Just a lot of ideas I had. I guess some ideas wont going in because some people disagree but I thougth better saying and offering as beeing quite :3
Old 09-29-2006, 11:00 AM   #66   Add To Ignore List  
Updating Fool

Tertiary fire?

If it's that big a deal to you guys I'll see what I can do
Old 09-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #67   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Ah, crap. Whenever I try to launch this mod I get a blank error message with a grey background. If I do anything, like ctrl+alt+del out of the application, I get an another error message that says "Sam2.exe has caused an error and needs to be closed", or something like that.

EDIT:
Here's the log file;

-------- start of log --------

LOG: Core version: $Version: Serious Sam 2; 2.070.00:65824; 2006-PATCH-2-070-inc$
LOG: Command: $ +mod InSamnity2
LOG: Initializing timer.
LOG: Timestamp: 2006/09/29 19:24:14
LOG: Binary name: Sam2.exe
LOG: Binary soft path: Bin/
LOG: Binary hard path: C:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam 2\Bin\
LOG: Application directory: C:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam 2\
LOG: Loading group files...
LOG: All_PC_01.gro: 1194 files
LOG: All_PC_02.gro: 5213 files
LOG: All_PC_03.gro: 3274 files
LOG: BL_rebirth.gro: 9 files
LOG: Detective Sam Part 1.gro: 12 files
LOG: Detective_Sam_Part_1.gro: 12 files
LOG: extremusproelium.gro: 20 files
LOG: Jumping Of Death.gro: 9 files
LOG: MistOfFight.gro: 10 files
LOG: Mountain Madness.gro: 6 files
LOG: Movies_PC_01.gro: 56 files
LOG: Movies_PC_02.gro: 44 files
LOG: Patch_02_068.gro: 360 files
LOG: Path Through the Woods.gro: 4 files
LOG: playablekamikazi.gro: 13 files
LOG: seriousengine2-sdkexamples-2_070.gro: 110 files
LOG: techtest.gro: 123 files
LOG: TheArena_Final.gro: 20 files
LOG: ZFlashRemover.gro: 4 files
LOG: [SS2_Map]KugelbahnEtc.wld.gro: 15 files
LOG: --- Serious Engine Startup ---
LOG:
LOG: Examining underlying OS...
LOG: Type: WinNT
LOG: Version: 5.1, build 2600
LOG: Misc: Service Pack 2
LOG:
LOG: Detecting CPU...
LOG: Vendor: GenuineIntel
LOG: Type: 0, Family: 15, Model: 4, Stepping: 1
LOG: MMX: Yes
LOG: SSE: Yes
LOG: CMOV: Yes
LOG: Clock: 2933 MHz
LOG:
LOG: Error loading ImmWraper.dll: Dynamic module "C:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam 2\Bin\ImmWrapper.dll" not found!.
LOG: IFeel disabled
LOG: Config file 'Content/SeriousSam2/Config/boot.cfg' doesn't exist.
LOG: Processing config file 'Content/SeriousSam2/Config/autoexec.cfg'.
LOG: Processing config file 'Content/SeriousSam2/Config/user.cfg'.
ERR: <memory stream>(4) : error : invalid expression part.
ERR: Syntax error in command.
LOG: Loading cvars from "Content/SeriousSam2/Sam2.ini".
LOG:
LOG: Desktop settings:
LOG: Color depth: 32-bit
LOG: Desktop resolution: 1280 x 1024
LOG: Virtual screen: 1280 x 1024
LOG: Monitors attached: 1
LOG:
LOG: * Direct3D context created.
INF:
INF: Gfx API: Direct3D
INF: Resolution: 1280 x 960
INF: Vendor: MS DirectX
INF: Renderer: RADEON X700 Series
INF: Version: 6.14.10.6626
INF:
INF: Sfx API: DirectSound
INF: Device: SB Audigy 4 [E400]
INF: Mixer freq: 44100 Hz
INF: HW voices: 62
INF: Max sounds: 30 (5 same)
INF: Env FX: enabled
INF: Current environment: Padded cell
INF:
LOG: Winsock opened ok.
ERR: Could not open file! (Content/InSamnity2.mod)
ERR: Unexpected end of file found in Content/InSamnity2.mod
LOG:
LOG: 2006/09/29 19:24:19: Crashed. (free memory: 680.19136 MB)

Last edited by Finzy; 09-29-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #68   Add To Ignore List  
PASGETTI!

Hmmm, I'm not sure but it looks like a corrupt file to me. Try downloading again (or from a different source).
Old 09-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #69   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

I got it working now. I redownloaded the file and ran the launcher again. Actually, the first time I ran it, it didn't download anything. But this time it downloaded an update and the game started normally without any problems.

By the way, does this mod do anything to my previous profiles? The game forced me to create a new profile, so I hope my old ones are still there somewhere in case I want to play normal SS2. (I did backup my profiles...err, about four months ago )

Anyways, I'm going to have a little test run with the mod now- you may see me at the server now.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #70   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

(Update )

Whoah! This mod is the best one I've ever seen for any SS game. I just played the entire Chi Fang chapter with 5x enemies, and it was an absolute blast.

This mod is plain perfect. It smooths out the icons, gives nicer menus, makes the weapons seem normal-sized, removes the powerup shouts, and tweaks some of the enemy gibs. And best of all- the massive waves of enemies are back. And, the chainsaws and plasma pistols are useful again (due to much higher rate of fire and speed). If there's one mod that will make SS2 a better game, it's definately this one.

I've got only one suggestion so far;

-Not all players like infinite ammo (including me). When playing without infinite ammo, you'll run out of ammo rather fast. How about an ammo multiplier? Is it possible?

(And btw- if you ever see Insamnity! 2 FW's Server on the servers list, that's mine. It's not dedicated- I just play the game at random times whenever I feel like doing so. I'm using 5x enemy counts, 150% weapon/player speed/damage modifiers, no infinite ammo, no all weapons (I prefer collecting them all), 50% enemy strenght, combo weapons, 7 player slots. Feel free to join.)

Last edited by Finzy; 09-29-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:39 PM   #71   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

I'd love to play coop with you F1NLAND (I'd give anything to play SS online with anybody anyway). I just hope you're on the same time as me
Old 09-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #72   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Morkze is offline Send a message via MSN to Morkze

You should come to the Seriously mIRC channel and arrange games there, so you could easily see who have time to play
Old 09-29-2006, 03:00 PM   #73   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

What's the channel? I only have the SED2 one
Old 09-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #74   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Morkze is offline Send a message via MSN to Morkze

the channel is: #seriously
Old 09-29-2006, 03:09 PM   #75   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Isn't there an "official" Insamnity 2 server? I think I saw it on the servers list, but after joining and quitting the game, it disappeared. After that I made my own server.

I don't get any lag with Insamnity 2 btw. Runs overall at smooth 60+ FPS when no enemies are nearby- and it doesn't slow down in massive battles, either- I usually get 20-50 FPS when fighting. Not as much as in normal SS2, but definately smooth enough.

I'm bad at arranging games though. I've only got a 2mb ADSL connection anyway, so everyone else's pings will surely be high, especially because SS2 lags even with high-end connections.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:38 PM   #76   Add To Ignore List  
Serious Xmas 2009!!

Wytas is offline Send a message via MSN to Wytas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
I'd love to play coop with you F1NLAND (I'd give anything to play SS online with anybody anyway). I just hope you're on the same time as me
Yeah! Give me 1000€ and play with me!!
Ok, I wanna play with you for free

New projects!
• A sequel to one of my maps o_O
• Serious Sam crazy!™
Old 09-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #77   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Most games are arranged impulsively in either #seriously and #seriouseditor2. So make sure to be there when the action hits.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 09-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #78   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

DK, how about a killcounter next to playernicks as in PESE? (preferably as an option you can turn on or off).
Now if we had one of those during our game tonight...damn that would have been a big number and increasing fast .

Also in regards to recording demos:
Recorded a demo of that game.
It only shows the monsters that aren't "copies". Also for some reason i get a "You were disconnected by the game host. Reason: Connection timeout" pop-up 10-15 seconds into the demo, click "ok" and back to main menu. Demo is 200mb, so it definately recorded the entire game session. Course i don't see how a demo can "disconnect" to begin with, especially not in this case, as i was hosting .
Old 09-29-2006, 06:56 PM   #79   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

How about the health display next to the names just like in SS:FE/SE DM?
Old 09-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #80   Add To Ignore List  
TwL
Gone Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasser View Post
Also in regards to recording demos:
Recorded a demo of that game.
It only shows the monsters that aren't "copies". Also for some reason i get a "You were disconnected by the game host. Reason: Connection timeout" pop-up 10-15 seconds into the demo, click "ok" and back to main menu. Demo is 200mb, so it definately recorded the entire game session. Course i don't see how a demo can "disconnect" to begin with, especially not in this case, as i was hosting .
This problem has already appeared in SS2. So I am aren't surprise if this mod has this bug too.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:58 AM   #81   Add To Ignore List  
PASGETTI!

D w K, we encountered a bug in Coast 2 Cost which prevented the last battle. I'm not sure what triggered it though, we didn't seem to have forgotten to trigger anything, at least I found nothing on the way back to the beginning of the level. I did however notice that the hovercrafts didn't spawn correctly except in the beggining of the level. Only one spawned, instead of one per player. The same goes for the first Ellenier level.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:07 AM   #82   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Although at one point 3 hovercrafts did spawn in the 2nd Ellenier level (Although there were 4 of us)

Kinda fun to do a mad dash to see who gets the lone vehicle first though (rocket jumps are your friend)
Old 09-30-2006, 09:13 AM   #83   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasser View Post
DK, how about a killcounter next to playernicks as in PESE? (preferably as an option you can turn on or off).
Yeeees. Please.....

This was the good thing in SS1... Cool when you run lan game.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #84   Add To Ignore List  
TwL
Gone Again

OK, dwk, here's something new:

When you take a new jump powerup, another 4 spawns. You got to fix that.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2148/fight3wy3.jpg
Old 09-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #85   Add To Ignore List  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 09-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #86   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Oh yeah, I remember picking 6 of those and then turning around and noticing that there's even more of 'em. Eventually I think there were around 100 powerups circling that pillar.

They're not spawn multiplied as well, or are they?
Old 09-30-2006, 09:55 AM   #87   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

I think items, enemies and vehicles use the same spawning method (Check the spawning option on the entity) so maybe that's the problem
Old 10-01-2006, 05:20 AM   #88   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Hmm, the launcher downloaded an update today. Any details what it does/what bugs it fixes?
Old 10-01-2006, 05:47 AM   #89   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Hmm...I noticed when playing yesterday that in the first level, the second dropship doesn't move after coming over to the middle of the area and doesn't drop enemies. Yet after a while, the exit door crumbles as though you've destroyed all scifi orcs coming out of the dropships (Even though I didn't)

Did you do this? Or just a bug?
Old 10-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #90   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Cant get it to work.
When i start the game it downloads nothing ,getting a pop up with error notification and then it will close the game.

Below the message from the Launcher text file.

INF: Install Dir: D:\Serious Sam 2\
INF: Renaming: D:\Serious Sam 2\InSamnity2Players.zip to D:\Serious Sam 2\InSamnity2Players.gro
INF: Renaming: D:\Serious Sam 2\z_InSamnity2Effects.zip to D:\Serious Sam 2\z_InSamnity2Effects.gro
INF: Renaming: D:\Serious Sam 2\ReplaceHistory.bak to D:\Serious Sam 2\ReplaceHistory.txt
INF: Renaming: D:\Serious Sam 2\Content\\DefaultMod.bak to D:\Serious Sam 2\Content\\DefaultMod.txt
ERR: No Connection Available
INF: Starting InSamnity! 2

I reinstalled the game twice , hehe Help needed

Gr.

Ps, if i choose for normal game ,it works