Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Default Deus Ex discussion from STALKER thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Goat Pig View Post
I'm only on the PRCS Wall Cloud right now myself.

I was toying with the idea of using Gunther's kill phrase, but if I have to I can avoid him altogether. If you run away from him he can't catch up to you, and you can get back to that PC and finish the mission and get away from him again. He has also been known to disappear.

And there is a bug when you baton people while couching right behind them, they get knocked out even on lowest difficulty. Something about the baton damage going up through three different damage zones on their body, which adds up to a full strike and a half through their body, knocking them out instantly. MiB are a bit difficult, but still doable.
Hey TGP, (didn't want to continue to derail/hijack Killigula's STALKER thread:

Is there a way to use the kill-switch phrase on Gunther? If so, I missed it. I don't remember how I took him out before, but this time, I auged up so I could run fast, and ran really fast, leading him around the stairwell, where I planted LAMs and blew his ass to smithereens.

I know they talk about a kill-switch phrase for both Navarre and him, but I never ran across his anywhere, (Anna Navarre's was easy to find). When/if you come across it, let me know where you find it, because I read all computers, as it is easy, I have Master skills for hacking. As far as I know, I have checked everything in every area out, but I may have still over-looked something, as in DX, it is not hard to do.

Just curious, how have you been taking down the MiBs and Commandos with only tranqs, prods and batons? The Commandos have shields that doesn't seem to let the tranq darts do much, also the MiBs will explode on you if you kill them, do non-lethal take downs keep them for blowing up? I decided to just kill them, when I had to save Paul in Hell's Kitchen. I planted a LAM at the door, and took the rest out with the GEP. I did notice one thing though, that if you fight off too well, and do what you are told to do and leave, you will get Paul killed. That was the first time I had that happen. I reloaded the game, because I didn't like that result, and wasn't the way I would have done in in real life, but I was just curious what the outcome would be, since I didn't try it before. When you go that route, you will go up against Gunther in Battery Park, and he was IMPOSSIBLE to take down. I emptied every weapon I had, on that tough German SOB. And I had like 20 rockets for the GEP, he just would not go down. It was scripted to get me into the jail in MJ12s cell. Going that route, you find out Paul is toast. Don't know how that plays out later in the game, like when you would normally see him later at Tracer Tong's. Just curious, you ever play through that way.
AS

"Get out of here Stalker!... Get out of here Stalker!"
Old 10-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Default Re: Deus Ex discussion from STALKER thread

Little off-topic, but I just thought I'd add that I loved the secret e-mail about Gunther's skull gun.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

Gunther's kill phrase is difficult. You have to get half of it from the computer in Anna's office (or Manderly's, I forgot which), and tell Hiemei to stay and be a spy for you. He will meet you in Paris at the cafe, and give you the other half of the info needed.

Commandos go down in one shot if you hit the sweet spot in the back while crouched with the baton. It's a bug in the game, but I use it every chance I get

I forget each time the best way to down the MiBs, but I get them eventually. It might be that same sweet spot. They don't blow up when rendered unconscious, and you can loot them

I let Paul fight the Ton MiB. He is invincible, and if you hide in the PC nook or the closet, he tears through them like a 30mm Gatling through... anything... Then I went and tranqued all of the Unatco guys that I couldn't sneak up behind to baton.

Fighting Gunther in Battery Park is pointless. He is invincible at that point in the game. It also has nothing to do with Paul living or dying. That is reliant strictly if you go out the window or not. Go out the window, Paul dies. Go out the front door, Paul lives.

You can kill Anna on Lebedev's jet, talk to Lebedev for a while longer, and then kill him (or rend him uncounscious like I did), and get skill points for both actions
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 10-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
Little off-topic, but I just thought I'd add that I loved the secret e-mail about Gunther's skull gun.
There is an email in the sequel about his skull gun being delivered and then sent back because he was too dead to receive it. It's quite sad actually.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Ok, that is how I missed Gunter's killswitch phrase, I had Jaime meet me in Hong Kong at the Luminous Path compound with Tong in the lab. I remember accessing both Manderly's and Navarre's PC, but don't recall seeing the first half of the phrase, maybe I forgot. I do remember accessing every PC I came across, though many of the NPCs usually didn't like it and said something. Seems like the first time I ran through the game, I had Jaime stay there as a spy.

I had a totally different outcome at the 'ton, than you did. I didn't go out the window, and Paul still died. In fact, the MiB you said was invincible, I took down.
In fact, I cleared the whole hotel and went out the front door.
I stuck a LAM on the left side wall at Paul's front door, knowing they were coming in that way, and stood back at the other end next to Paul aiming at the doorway.
The first is blown away. The MiB stays too the right on the other side of the door talking shit. I run out to the left, wheel around and opened up on him, and he blows up. Then me and Paul cleared the 'ton. I tranqed all the UNATCO soldiers inside. Before I left, when I turned around, Paul was nowhere to be seen, he just disappeared. I hit the streets, took out the two patrol bots, and tranqed all the UNATCO dudes, also the ones in the sewers, then took on Gunther in Battery Park. Gave up when I couldn't take him down and accepted the ultimate fate, ended up in the MJ12 cell and Navarre telling me Paul was dead.

I did try at one point wasting Navarre on the plane before she murders Lebedev.
Reloaded the game though, when I noticed I didn't get my skill points for meeting the seconday goal. Guess, it didn't occur to me, you would still get the points for just knocking him out, although I should have, because I did notice in other areas, that knocking someone unconcious did count as a kill.

Have to try the baton take down, on the Commandos. Still, except for them and MiBs, I pretty much have taken all the rest down, non-lethally. I love the stealth of the non-lethal take downs. Plus, if it were in real life, I am sure I would have a problem killing soldiers I were working with, and try to do what I needed to do without killing them. In real life, they would have families, yada yada, do I like playing it in a way, that I would probably really react, since they are humans, unlike going crazy and blowing away Kleer and Gnaars in SS.

Besides, I have always thought that even though Deus Ex is somewhat far-fetched, I don't think it really is that much. In fact, I am pretty convinced that our world governments, including if not more, the US, has all these shadow oranizations doing underhanded crap in secret behind the populace's back.
I also believe we are only a few years away from augmented humans, if technology keeps advancing. Also, it seems we are moving toward a more corporate run world all the time, with the middle class shrinking.
The world of Deus Ex, hardly seems that far-fetched really, to me.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Martial Law imposed, and many of the other things in Deus Ex, within my own lifetime.

Maybe I am just one of those crazy survivalist nutjobs, but that is why I have cases of medical supplies, cases of propane gas, MREs, canned goods, dehydrated supplies, gas masks, ammunition and my guns, for a few things.
And I am not kidding, got supplies ready, and my SUV and RV ready to roll.
And I won't be sticking around here in Sacramento if shit goes down.
AS

Old 10-22-2008, 12:23 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Slayer View Post
Maybe I am just one of those crazy survivalist nutjobs, but that is why I have cases of medical supplies, cases of propane gas, MREs, canned goods, dehydrated supplies, gas masks, ammunition and my guns, for a few things.
And I am not kidding, got supplies ready, and my SUV and RV ready to roll.
And I won't be sticking around here in Sacramento if shit goes down.
AS
Heading up 50 I'd guess AS Reading this, I'm getting the urge to load up Deus Ex again. The last classic game I played was the original Unreal. Still enjoy that one.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

I didn't mean the MiB was invincible, I meant Paul was. Oops. And yes, he disappears after he leaves the room unless you keep him in sight for the entire time until you clear out the rest of the hotel.

And I still insist that the window is the trigger for Paul's death. I don't know coding, but everyone else that does and has looked at that game knows that the window is the trigger for Paul's death.

However, sometimes Paul lives, but a bug prevents him from spawning. It's really weird. Sometimes he doesn't even show up in the hotel and people have to spawn him so that they can start that mission in the first place.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
Skul, man. Skul gun!
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 10-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

And I was wrong about knocking out Commandos. It takes two hits

I am in the Paris catacombs, and about to have some trouble with the commandos down there, unless I feel like bypassing all of them (entirely possible).
Old 10-23-2008, 02:23 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_Chance View Post
Heading up 50 I'd guess AS Reading this, I'm getting the urge to load up Deus Ex again. The last classic game I played was the original Unreal. Still enjoy that one.
Heh, ah yes Highway 50, The Loneliest Road in America.
Good to see you back Chance, hadn't seen you on here in a while.
Unreal is another great game, always worth going back through.

Quote:
And I was wrong about knocking out Commandos. It takes two hits

I am in the Paris catacombs, and about to have some trouble with the commandos down there, unless I feel like bypassing all of them (entirely possible).
You will be coming across more now too, you know, as you get further in game.
You must have been pretty sneaky when you got out of the sewers there in Paris, with those Commandos and Bots hanging around the manhole covers. I said Frak that, and tossed out a Scramble grenade next to the bot and watched him go nuts on them and the other bot, heh heh. Fun stuff.
AS

Old 10-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Slayer View Post
You will be coming across more now too, you know, as you get further in game.
You must have been pretty sneaky when you got out of the sewers there in Paris, with those Commandos and Bots hanging around the manhole covers. I said Frak that, and tossed out a Scramble grenade next to the bot and watched him go nuts on them and the other bot, heh heh. Fun stuff.
AS
I'm just entering the catacombs now, I haven't gotten out there yet. But those bots and troops don't scare me. A quick run around the corner at just the right time and I can escape everyone without so much as a struggle. I will have to find a nice dark place to hide in (maybe sneak into the cafe), but it can be done. I will have to GEP the smaller bot out back, but that isn't any trouble for me.

I have also snuck into that shack that turns off the Military bots several times in the past. It shouldn't be too hard this time either.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Ok, I must have had a brain fart. For some reason, when I wrote that last night, I was thinking that the sewers were before the catacombs, and that you enter the catacombs from the area once leaving the sewers. Even though I got it mixed up for a bit, you still knew the area I was talking of. Yeah, I also shut the bots down from the shack once getting in there, but the scramble grenade is still so much fun.
Even so, you still have to deal with the bots, since the scramble grenade only effects them temporarily and they revert back to enemy mode. Well, you don't really have to, you can avoid them, but they will go back to patrolling.
Yeah, I have snuck past them too, but it is a lot of ducking and staying in the shadows.

Still, there are some places that you will have a hard time sneaking up behind commandos and beaning them. For instance, once you change the nuke targeted for Vandenberg Air Base to Area 51, you have to go stop Strong and cronies from tampering with the missile inside the silo where it is housed.

When you start down that hall, remember there are both MiBs and Commandos that start down the hall at you, Commandos will be firing rockets, and they shut the silo entrance hatch behind you, once you step into that tunnel leading to the missile. Of course, you do still have that grate you can open up into the floor that will drop you down into the water below, but then you still have to come up the elevator and try to get behind them to deal with them, if you are still just trying to knock them out. Unless you aug up with Ballistic and have some Ballistic armor, you will probably take some good damage while trying to take them down non-lethally. You can of course, bypass the tier that has the Spider Bots, but you will have to jump up on the boom arm and climb out to the bucket Strong is in, to deal with him, if you are out of tranq darts, but he goes down easy enough though.

Played a little before bed. Killed that bastard Walton Simons. Didn't remember him going down so easy. He came running out, talked his piece of trash, then when done, I dodged him, and took him down with one rocket. Already had the GEP in hand, as I just had gotten rid of the two bots there. Maybe it was a glitch, I don't remember him going down that easily.
Are you going to try to take him down without killing him? I figured there needed to be some payback for blowing up Jock.

BTW, have you had to kill anyone else yet beside Anna Navarre? I know you have to kill here to get out of the UNATCO building.

Oh, one other question, I was thinking there was a way to get underneath the floor in the room where Alex Jacobson was working in the UNATCO building. Did I just have false memories of that? When I came across the woman in the breakroom who was stealing stuff from UNTACO, there was info, either from her or a data cube, (don't remember which), that alluded to a secret stash beneath his office area, and it seemed like, I remembered getting under there, when I played through before. Maybe I am recalling something else from another game.
AS

Old 10-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

I will see about Howard Strong when I get there. I'm playing this by ear

You can avoid Simons there and meet him at Area 51 if you want (and he can be avoided there as well ). And yes, you can take him down easy every 2nd or 3rd time. I don't know what is up with that. If you are feeling sneaky, you can plant a LAM where he spawns, and he explodes as he is telling you his whole speal.

I didn't kill them on purpose, but there are two UNATCO guys in Paris, outside the catacombs in the metro tunnel. They have their backs to a medbot. I was going to prod them (the flamethrower guy first as he got me good on my first attempt ), and then take out the bot patrolling the hallway. Well one of them got the bright idea to try to LAM my ass as I was shocking his buddy. I got away, but they didn't UNATCO gibs all over the place.

Aside from that, no deaths (I knocked Anna out, I believe, though the game still considers her dead).

And yes, the hidden floor in Alex's office is terribly hard to find if you don't know where to look. If you go in his door, it is on the right next to the desk on that wall, across from the security door in his room. There are two doors in his floor.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

TGP, not sure where you thought I was when I encountered Simons, but I was at Area 51. He comes running out of building Command 24. It is just after Jock drops me off at the helipad, then his chopper blows.

Going to reload and old UNATCO save later when I get ready to play and check out the hidden room in Alex's office. I forgot to give it a good look-see before I left after kill-switching Navarre. Probably some good stuff there like upgrades, but too late now to go back, I am too far now.
It's ok anyway, I have the Synthetic Heart Augment that gives you one level up from any augment, and level 3 on all the rest, except Radar Transparency, upgrades for that, only gives longer energy duration. The RT aug does consume a lot of energy, but I have only used it once anyway, and I always have plenty Bioelectric Cells.
So with Synthetic Heart activated, any of my augments I use now, will be maxed.
Still, wished I hadn't forgotten to check out the hidden area in Alex's office, probably some skill points to have been gained for accessing it.
AS

Old 10-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I always save Jock. I only let him die once just to see what happened. You have to talk to the mechanic at Morgan Everette's place, and then talk to Morgan, and then knock out the mechanic, and then maybe talk to morgan again before talking to Jock so that he can disarm the bomb and toss it on his way to somewhere or other. Maybe Vandenberg? I forget...

I was assuming you spoke to Simons in the tunnels under the sub bay, on your way out to the surface again.

I don't use enough augs. I mostly only use combat strength for breaking locked doors on lockers and desks and things
Old 10-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Yeah, I forgot too, at the time, that you could save Jock. I remembered there was something when I talked with the mechanic and he acted all paranoid, but forgot what it was I was supposed to do, (talking with M. Everette).

I didn't see Simons this time around in the Sub Bay.

It's fun to see how many different ways, different people attack the same situations. Also, why DX is so cool, different ways to play.
As far as opening locks and doors, I usually go through the area first, and attain all available info, many of which will be codes and nanokeys. Then go around and access the areas that I can without multitools and lockpicks first, then go from there. I found I didn't really ever have to upgrade my Electronics or Lockpicking skills if I didn't want to. Found Computer Hacking skills to be the most beneficial.

On doors that are not solid, ( don't have a strength of INF ), I take out with a LAM using a 30.06 with scope at a safe distance, or a GEP round. In places like the soldiers quarters in the Hong Kong MJ12 compound for instance, that have like a half a dozen or so lockers in a row that are locked, I do the same thing, and place the charge right in the middle. You can knock every locker door off with one well placed round, even in a whole room, with a LAM.
Gotta admit, I love to blow shit up. And I always have plenty of rockets for the job. Even playing far into the game with minimal lockpicking skills, I usually have a full supply (20) of Lockpicks and Multitools, or at least more than 10 at any one time, so I only use them when the amount you need is like four or five or less.
Going to play some later, watching Saw II on SciFi right now.
AS

Old 10-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

The lockers int he heli-base all break if you smash one of them, which I found hilarious when I broke out my baton and combat strength, and only had to use it once

And I haven't bothered looking in my notes for computer codes since I upgraded my hacking. I'm only on basic and I still hack everything.

I have upgraded lock picking and electronics, but that is because I know there are more lock picks and multi tools in the game than there are rockets, so I am less worried about using them. I save rockets for bots
Old 10-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Yeah, you don't need great hacker skillz to hack computers, but I prefer having my skills to master, because I also like to read the emails, and I have a low comprehension level when reading, as I am so easily distracted, or maybe I am just dumb.
Anyhoo, I read rather slowly, and the added skill levels give more time to read all emails. Some emails have 3 or 4 pages, and I just enjoy reading them as part of the immersion in the game. Of course, if you have the login and password, you have as much time as you want, but like you said, it saves having to search the datavault of it, also saves time period.

I did finally upgrade my lockpick skillz back at the ocean lab. There was a door back there that took like 10 picks, and I had mega-skill points to use, over 10k.
Figured what was I saving them for. I usually wait until I need a special skill (necessity) to upgrade, and tend to wait until pretty late in the game, to do most of my skill upgrading.

I tend to find plenty of rockets, it is just some are in unusual places you have to look for them, like the flooded areas in the ocean lab for example. I had plenty to take down all bots, and most MiBs and commandos. I didn't worry about trying to save them, they were assholes. I just tried to save all the UNATCO and NSF soldiers and other human types. I didn't pass any opportunities though to get bots fighting each other with scramble grenades. Just too much fun.
Too bad the scramble grenades seem to be so scarce.

Also, I did go back and check out the hidden area in the floor of Jacobson's office.
Seen I didn't really leave much, just 600 credits. Even if it were an upgrade canister, still wouldn't be any problem now, as I have all augments to level 3 and all can be maxed with the Synthetic Heart aug. Also, have Long-Range Thermal Image now (level 4), so I am good to go on Skills and Upgrades. Of course, I am close to the end now. I quit last night in Sector 3 or the Area 51 bunker, got two of the ending options open now, (the Illuminati one for Everett and the Dark Age one for Tracer Tong). Probably will play tonight and finish it, not sure yet, doing a lot of other stuff this weekend, but I will finish it sometime this weekend, late at night. Thought about after the game, reloading it to see what happens different if you save Jock's life, as I don't recall. I know I saved his life once, either the first or second time I played, but has been so long ago, I have forgotten. Is there any major difference if how the game plays? Or is it just the conversations you get through your info-link afterwards? Anyhow, been fun replaying it.
After a sabatical, I am going to replay Deus Ex 2 also. I never thought it was that bad like so many others did. Sure it wasn't near as good as the first, but my main gripe was it was way too short. I kind of liked the whole NG Resonance thing though. Heh, come to think of it, she was kind of like a future holographic dancing Britney Spears, but with a brain.
AS

Old 10-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Nope. The last time you speak to Jock is when he drops you off as far as I can remember. There is a difference in Area 51 with Paul showing up on a hologram, or Savage (I think) if Paul is dead.

And my main gripes with Invisible War are that sneaking is near impossible and pointless to begin with, they would rather you kill everything, and they punish you for every decision you make, whereas the first game liked to reward you for every decision made. that alone screwed up the fun factor for me.

I hope the new developers for the third game think of that when making their version. I hope they get their formula right.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:50 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Yeah, last time you talk to Jock is Area 51, so either way, makes no difference after that point. Jock either lives or dies there, depending upon your actions back at Everett's estate. At that Holostaion in Area 51, (if Jock dies), then Everett comes on the holo-projector instead of Paul, to explain Jock's death.

Anyhow, I finished it earlier. I really like all the endings. I thought Tong was probably the best of the people to trust in the game (besides the brother Paul), but, ultimately I liked the Helios ending, as the machine seemed to have evolved to, and, maybe beyond the levels of human comprehension, without the malevolence involved that usually accompanies human ambitions.

Don't recall IW being all that bad, probably will play it l8r, just f0r some more story.
Can't wait for DX3 to come along. Like u said, hope they see what fans of DX1 really loved, and work with that knowlege, for the new Deus Ex.
AS

Old 10-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

I'm just entering Area 51 myself. I got really tired of dealing with MiB and Commandos though, and started using the sniper and GEP guns on them. I don't know how other people play through the whole game without killing anyone. I just couldn't do it. My patience is at an end. I'm tempted to just kill EVERYTHING at Area 51
Old 10-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Yeah, I gave up early on, (when the commandos and MiB came in), trying to take them all down without killing them. I still tried, whenever possible, to do a non-lethal take down of the others, (UNATCO soldiers, NSF, etc), even took down the woman in black (are they WiBs ?), with tranq darts at Area 51 Sector 2.

Ok, still gotta say after running through the game yet again, Deus Ex still remains one of my 10 all time favorite games, make that in my top 5, all time favs.
AS

Old 10-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Definitely one of my favorites, if not my #1 spot (haven't thought about it in years). Just the fact that we can have this conversation about the different ways to get through it like this bumps it up a few notches.

I killed Bob Page in my play through. It was right there and didn't require as much work as the others. I think I will go back and accomplish the other endings before the night is over though, and then on to Stalker: Clear Sky tomorrow
Old 10-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Since my computer crashes every time I try to play a better game, I am going to play Dues Ex one last time before dealing with the problem.

I'm going to kill everything this time.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
ƃuoɹʍ ʇı ƃuıop

Crap. I had finished Deus Ex a week before seeing this thread.

I had so many things to share
Old 10-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Quote:
I'm going to kill everything this time.
Good boy.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo0d View Post
Crap. I had finished Deus Ex a week before seeing this thread.

I had so many things to share
That's ok, if you got something Deus Ex related to share when you went through, go ahead. I can always talk about stuff in that game, one of my all-time favs.
Besides, I am still in a Deus Ex mood, as I decided to play through Invisble War afterward, just to keep the DX mood going. Right now, just got dropped off on the helipad in Cairo.

IW may not be nearly as good as the original DX, but I still find it fun to play.
I know most people on here didn't like it, but although there is much lacking, I still am finding it fun to go back through.
Maybe, I am just easily amused.
AS

Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

I got up to Paris again. I popped my head up, disabled the bots without being seen (amazingly enough), and then shot five troopers in the face, downing them in one shot each with my pistol, only to be destroyed by a barrage of rockets by a commando. Wow, I thought I could outrun him and wasn't expecting that.

Going back a bit though, I blasted through the Hong Kong Heli-base faster than I ever have before. I just ran straight into the basement with my pistol and shot everyone in the face before they could much react to me. Pistol skills for the win.