Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #991   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Re: Random game talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
I threw a guard or two to the rats to dispose of a body .
+1 Very very evil also I love throw to water problem solved hahaha.

One time I throw man to the river from high roof, while man was falling down and one woman down there on the street saw then scream and alert police. This game is so good.

Last edited by Wezilla; 07-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #992   Add To Ignore List  
Me? Serious? How?

PAYDAY 2's pretty fun. The only issue I have with it right now is the content of the game itself, but, as long as I can block that out mentally, I'm good.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #993   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Stop Motion - GuizDP: Donkey Kong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxDju...layer_embedded

Amazing !
Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #994   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

So we went to the theater last night and before the movie started they featured an "exclusive" inside look at the Xbox One. Now my wife really wants one...

I guess they somewhat succeeded in grabbing the attention of casual markets, or at least my wife

I was never really bothered by the Xbox One features, which puts me in a HUGE minority. I understand it was heavily restrictive, but nothing moreso than Steam. It wouldn't have changed my current buying habits anyway.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #995   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Do it do it do it
Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #996   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

My personal opinion is that pc gamming is way more superior in every way to console gamming. But if i had to choose i would go with the ps4. I don't need a f*cking camera stalking me, no way !
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #997   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

I think console games are superior, I've found most of my favourite games to be on consoles and not on PC (Sometimes released later)
Old 07-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #998   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Well opinions are opinions, but i don't like consoles, mainly because i hate how the controller feels in my hand. It just feels wrong... I sometimes confuse the RT buttons with the RB buttons and the stick is way too fast paced for me.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #999   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Stick is too fast paced for you? How do you cope with the K+M then? I find the analogue sticks to be slow and the mouse to be amazing.

I think the PC is the superior platform but consoles have the best games. Nintendo really slides that into the consoles favour.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #1000   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Sometimes i feel that i was born with a mouse and keyboard in hand. Hell i even 100 % most of the worlds on super meat boy with a keyboard instead of a controller. Try that and see if its easy. And about the controller stick. When i try to lower the sensitivity to the lowest it feels like i haven't done sh*t it is still fast as hell. I barely finished crysis 2 with a controller. On easy !
Old 07-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #1001   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Since Console Gayms and Console Gayming is not the same thing, my opinion would be:
There are more good console-only games than good PC-only ones. So the consoles win on that one.
Meanwhile, the PC is the ultimate platform. The choice of peripherals is by far the best. The PC can do anything consoles do and do it better while at the same time doing things it can't. Oh which quite a few make gaming much more enjoybale. ...Except for running console-only games in an absence on an emulator.

Speaking of controllers, I've got a decent controller. I also used and eksbawks controller several times. Along with various other ones. But every time I spend more than 3 hours using controllers, my thumbs go completely numb. F*** that shit. "Gimme a keyboard and a mouse!"
Old 07-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #1002   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinska View Post
There are more good console-only games than good PC-only ones.
Quality always beats quantity.

Last edited by GettinSerious; 07-28-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #1003   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

God, can we please stop the ridiculous spelling of words... gayming, eksbawx, fyrefawks... it is giving me a headache

I should probably elaborate, it wasn't so much the games being the reason that she wanted an XB1, but rather all the "fluff." The quick switching between tv, movies, music, etc, voice commands, etc. Oh, and Dance Central on the Kinect 2.0. My wife ****ing loves Dance Central. So like I say, MS roping in the casual market

I wish the console vs PC argument would just stop, the same points get said every time and nobody is any closer to being convinced. Personally, owning both consoles and PCs is the best of both worlds. By closing yourself off to one market, you are missing out on a large chunk of gaming. Sure, PC games can do pretty much everything console games can do, but it is very difficult to play a PC game from the comfort of a couch. I know there are ways, especially with Steam Big Picture, but it isn't exactly cheap and convenient. I already spend 8-10 hours each day at work at a desktop PC, the last thing I want to do is spend another 4 hours gaming on a desktop when I get home.

I think pretty much everyone agrees that kb+m is a much better peripheral for FPS games and RTS games (though Halo and COD handle console controls very well). However, IMO, I think racing/driving games, third person games, and platformers handle much better on a controller. Again, just a matter of opinion.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #1004   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

For Eastern Europeans, PCs are better when it comes to availability due to Digital Distribution (not the best with consoles, especially if they have region lock which is super stupid forced unavailability) and it is also cheaper in a way, because PCs are needed for almost everything for now in life, while consoles are just expensive luxury and nothing more. And, if we stick to the money argument, PC has Steam with their sales, while consoles don't have that and games are almost always full priced, which is super expensive over here.

In the end,

Consoles = Overpriced useless luxury gadgets, overpriced games barely available in rare gaming shops, exclusives and region locking creating fake unavailability.

PC = Useful for everything and cheap games that are available in infinite amount, anywhere.

(note: this argument is from a general E-European viewpoint, I do have consoles, but with that I'm in a small minority)

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.

Last edited by Solais; 07-28-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #1005   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Yeah, what Solais said.

One additional note: here, full price console games cost considerably more than than full priced retail PC games. TFW on a shelf [some PC game] is priced $60, while on a nearby shelf [the very same game for X[]O or PS3] is priced $80 or more.
Got some more notes, but I am too lazy to write them now.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #1006   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
For Eastern Europeans, PCs are better when it comes to availability due to Digital Distribution (not the best with consoles, especially if they have region lock which is super stupid forced unavailability) and it is also cheaper in a way, because PCs are needed for almost everything for now in life, while consoles are just expensive luxury and nothing more. And, if we stick to the money argument, PC has Steam with their sales, while consoles don't have that and games are almost always full priced, which is super expensive over here.

In the end,

Consoles = Overpriced useless luxury gadgets, overpriced games barely available in rare gaming shops, exclusives and region locking creating fake unavailability.

PC = Useful for everything and cheap games that are available in infinite amount, anywhere.

(note: this argument is from a general E-European viewpoint, I do have consoles, but with that I'm in a small minority)
Amen to you, sir ! Who needs piracy when you have summer sales on steam.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:21 AM   #1007   Add To Ignore List  

There are plenty of deals on console games here in the US. I have a massive collection of 360 games, mostly because I watched for deals and usually paid no more than $15 for each of them (except the ones I bought at launch). Sure you don't find many -90% deals on console games, but you don't see that very often on Steam anymore either. PC MSRP prices have slowly made the transition to the same as console games, and Steam's deals are becoming less and less impressive. The price gap is getting smaller. If you watched prices for the last few months, it wouldn't have been difficult to buy games like Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 on 360 for cheaper than what Steam offered.

The Steam sales are still impressive for the sheer volume of games they put on discount, but the prices on anything but old games aren't that different from what you find on consoles.

Edit: And I agree with Pan, consoles generally have a better selection of games. Most of PC's best games are on console as well, but the same can't be said for the consoles' best games being on PC. If you skip out on consoles, then you skip out on some of the best games in the industry. Though for me it's not Nintendo that convinced me of that.

Last edited by viper45; 07-29-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #1008   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Over here the problem is not only that there are no sales of console games, but they might not be even -sold-. I know the western regions of my country are a lot better when it comes to this, but my city (second largest after capital) only got a gaming store like two years ago. We always had stores that sold hardware and consoles, we had hypermarkets that sold some of the newest AAA titles, but that's it.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #1009   Add To Ignore List  

Man, it's about time! Seems like I've been waiting forever for the Quake pack on Steam to go on sale. It's -75% for the whole package (which doesn't include Quake IV) today only.

I can finally play Quake 1 and 2 for the first time. I guess I should thank Gaben, for I am buying the pack entirely with card money.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #1010   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider
God, can we please stop the ridiculous spelling of words... gayming, eksbawx, fyrefawks... it is giving me a headache
No. And it's Xbawks.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #1011   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Cool, because intentionally misspelling brand names automatically makes you more hip.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #1012   Add To Ignore List  
「HORY SHET」

To be honest, this the first time I see anyone misspelling names of products he/she enjoys using. Usually people do that with stuff they feel a strong dislike towards, be it a company (Queerbox Software), a piece of hardware (GayStation) or a person (George Brousstard).

Last.fm | MyAnimeList.net
S!'s MVP (Most Valuable Pole)
Old 08-02-2013, 04:14 AM   #1013   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

I usually only misspell names when talking to 'friends' on Steam, of course with the exception of "Xbawks". And it was Kazuya that coined the term "Xbawks". At least on this forum. And Sedinus is right, I actually like the Xbox, so i'm not using it as some sort of word that is used to express my hate for the system. If you honestly have that much of a problem with it, NMR, i'll stop.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #1014   Add To Ignore List  
「HORY SHET」

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
And it was Kazuya that coined the term "Xbawks". At least on this forum.
There's no proof of that, searching the forums for term "Xbawks" yielded no kazuya-related stuff. Aside from the post you just made, mate.

Last.fm | MyAnimeList.net
S!'s MVP (Most Valuable Pole)
Old 08-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #1015   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

no, You're all wrong.
It's eksbawks.

not xbox, eksbawx, xbawks, eksboks, eksbox or xboks, but eksbawks. It's eksbawks.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #1016   Add To Ignore List  

Old 08-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #1017   Add To Ignore List  
Me? Serious? How?

How about this?
. . _
. |X|

But on more Serious(ly!(?)) grounds, Skullgirls has me so hyped. Squigly is going to be done soon, which means the guy in my avatar, Big Band, is going to be started soon.

Last edited by Lavama; 08-02-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #1018   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedinus
There's no proof of that, searching the forums for term "Xbawks" yielded no kazuya-related stuff. Aside from the post you just made, mate.
I may have be spelling it different then. I originally saw Kazuya say something similar in a thread talking about some minor texture differences with the Xbox and PC versions of the Serious Sam games. I think.

EDIT: I need to spell check myself more often.

Last edited by Greyson; 08-02-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #1019   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavama View Post
How about this?
. . _
. |X|
How about no? Also, if You want to get graphical, the good ol' simple X[]O does the trick much better
Old 08-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #1020   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Rayman Legends is coming, Fuk yeh