Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2017, 08:36 AM   #1741  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei
Default Re: Serious Sam 4 ideas ?

I don't remember they saying it was good either, though. Also I still haven't played it, because back then when I tried its demo, I didn't like it that much, and it also installed a virus on my PC, so I had been avoiding that game for a while. But I seen some videos.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #1742  
Werebull

First Sam 4 idea of 2017

(I know I've had this idea before, but I'm altering it) Since we have an XL2 Lasergun, how about a stronger alternative? Maybe a railgun called the XR-14 Railgun or something like that.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:01 PM   #1743  
Lava Golem

I have suggested a rail gun as well but I see it as a higher tier sniper rifle instead of a higher tier laser gun. It does something like 4 times more damage than a sniper rifle but needs to charge before each shot.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:16 PM   #1744  
Powerslave

PikaCommando is offline Steam ID: PikaCommando

Quote:
Originally Posted by PootisMayo View Post
First Sam 4 idea of 2017

(I know I've had this idea before, but I'm altering it) Since we have an XL2 Lasergun, how about a stronger alternative? Maybe a railgun called the XR-14 Railgun or something like that.
If only we have a gun that uses Cells like the Lasergun, but shoots beams instead. Hmmmmmm............
Old 01-02-2017, 03:06 AM   #1745  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is online now Steam ID: joey42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAngus View Post
I have suggested a rail gun as well but I see it as a higher tier sniper rifle instead of a higher tier laser gun. It does something like 4 times more damage than a sniper rifle but needs to charge before each shot.
The way I see it it can have different implementations. I can see it working as a top-tier sniper with scope, but I also love the Quake 2 implementation of a super-charged penetrating laser shot without scope, used for either killing a lot of infantry or hitting a tough bastard hard.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 01-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #1746  
Lava Golem

I guess you could just no scope if you want to use it Quake 2 style. Perhaps there shouldn't be a damage reduction for no scoping with it like there is for the sniper rifle. It would kind of be like the scoped devastator, which obviously does the same amount of damage when you don't zoom.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:16 AM   #1747  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

It could be like the Classic sniper: Shooting unzoomed penetrates enemies and requires no charging (for maybe a bit less damage), while shooting scoped will require you to hold down the trigger but only hits one target for more damage.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #1748  
Zorg Mercenary

Ziemniak is offline PSN ID: Pan_Ziemniak

I'm sure someone already said that, but arachnoids should shoot bullets that act like the lasers bio-mechs use.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #1749  
Lava Golem

I'm in the "change/remove all hit scan enemies" boat.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #1750  
Wake Up

FreekNik is offline Steam ID: freeknik

Just a couple of cents to add to my previous idea of different voices for multiplayer, just think of it... Elohim announcer. Behold, child, for thou who fragged you will perish!
Old 01-06-2017, 04:37 PM   #1751  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

I'd pay for that as DLC.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #1752  
Witch Bride

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919 Youtube: dragon99919

Serious Sam voice DLC worked for Talos, so why not the opposite way.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #1753  
Werebull

Since I saw that BFE Enhanced had more enemy variation (Highlander Reptiloids, Lava Golems etc.) and certain weapons, ammo pickups, health and armor pickups being more common, How about Serious Sam 4 tries to have some more of that? I thought it would be nice.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #1754  
Footballer Orc

Having played through TFE/TSE and BFE over christmas I have to say one of my top "ideas" is a focus on better weapon balance. Particularly in TFE once you have the minigun or lasergun you don't really need anything else outside of the occasional cannon. This is at least true for serious difficulty were they (sadly) double the ammunition you can carry.

Same goes for TSE. While the sniper/flamer stays very useful and fun (but not really needed outside of lack of minigun or laser) the tommy and shotguns falls completely to the wayside unless you want to do the kleer-dance for good sport.

BFE is actually much better here. Almost all guns, including the handgun and assault rifle, stays relevant and needed throughout the game. The only exception being the single-shotty which get outclassed fast. I actually found myself switching weapons much more in combat and also felt it was more necessary, which I find fun. I have to say (heresy I know) that BFE is mechanically the superior Sam game when it comes to weapon feel and balance. However there is one big problem with BFE and that is the Devestator - it is completely overpowered being some kind of enemy piercing merger of the sniper and the rocket launcher, while still being able to carry double the ammunition you can for the rocket launcher! It completely overshadows all other weapons and make even large enemies feel like something mundane you can pick off one by one at range for the entire game (I much prefer running against the horde with C4 or Rockets in hand to take on those Khnums, or waste precious cannonballs)

/Rant over, sorry

Last edited by GepardenK; 01-08-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #1755  
Witch Bride

Warmonger is offline Steam ID: HedgeMaster Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger

Quote:
While the sniper/flamer stays very useful and fun (but not really needed outside of lack of minigun or laser) the tommy and shotguns falls completely to the wayside unless you want to do the kleer-dance for good sport.
That's by design, there are more and less powerful weapons in this game. Minigun has exactly double the firepower of Tommygun on purpose.
I read one review of BFE where author claimed that's actually a great design that your weaponry gets significantly upgraded over time.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #1756  
CNT
Scrapjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GepardenK
However there is one big problem with BFE and that is the Devestator - it is completely overpowered being some kind of enemy piercing merger of the sniper and the rocket launcher, while still being able to carry double the ammunition you can for the rocket launcher!
NOOOO !!!!!!

I like the Devastator the way it is! Even I don't use it much (and don't use the Rocket Launcher much either), I don't recall having much Devastator ammunition laying around. With the Rocket Launcher, the Khnum can dodge.

Was there Devastator available in Jewel of the Nile?

Again, I don't remember, but I think SS did had "hand grenade" (not referring to Grenade Launcher). Those would be one of most effective?

I wish I could play some of the SS series, but I got one "family" PC and it's a drag PC. It's been a while to remember stuff.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:12 AM   #1757  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually, the Minigun having double the firepower than the tommygun is a bug in SSHD that by accident became design in SS3.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:46 AM   #1758  
Zumbul

majan_pl is offline Steam ID: majan_pl Youtube: seriousOmajan

I think it's not so bad since now you cannot use the pain animation on kamikazes with minigun, you straight up kill them with one shot. It gives you another reason to switch to the rifle (accuracy being the primary reason).
Old 01-12-2017, 05:14 AM   #1759  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Except the Minigun is accurate like a sniper rifle, while the AR is not. You need to aim with it, and even that's not pixel perfect accurate like the Minigun.