Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #241   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Default Re: Scrapped Serious Sam stuff and beta info

But blackknighttgs... It's the ghostbuster...

I'd like to see recreated dragon men from the beta in this. Chet on it man! We need dragon men.

My name is Mongo, and I like Gnaars. And Cookies. Mmmm... Cookies!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #242   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
But blackknighttgs... It's the ghostbuster...

I'd like to see recreated dragon men from the beta in this. Chet on it man! We need dragon men.
All Is already finished the project is in late beta phase, i still need to finish some textures, release some trailers and a demo version of the game, for the real game release you will need to wait...
This weekend ill do my liddle first trailer...
Old 01-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #243   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

So today I've found out something interesting with the help of Angelo. Of course, his project piqued my interest as well (after all, I asked him first to check out the Ghostbuster in the first place, and he was pretty curious about it as well), and I asked him about if he has something that could provide further information about the alpha and beta versions.

http://i.imgur.com/mkpLn.jpg

You already know about the Ghostbuster, and Angelo also found other specific things that he will include in the project for custom map makers to use on their maps. There was something else he was interested in, however, unfortunately just as Croteam said, the old Alpha maps were no longer available. However. He found two maps with the backups of the actual finalized TFE maps.

One of these maps were called as LavaCaves. As he inspected, he found out that it is the exact same area from TSE's the Land of the Damned, just as a separate level. We think, that it might be a remain from the original Lava Planet levels, later included in TSE.

The second map was more interesting. It is called GrandObelisk. Anyone who know the Beast DLC levels they think that it is probably the original version of the SSHD's CityObeliskYard. And in ways, it is. Just for comparison purposes, let's take a look at the SSHD version:

http://i.imgur.com/iZSBhl.jpg

When I first played this level, it heavily reminded me of the level Tower of Babel. A huge towering structure in the middle, with a path around it, just with a simpler layout. I even suggested the "Deja Vu Secret" to Croteam to reference the "Secret Second Round" secret in Tower of Babel.
So I looked on an image Angelo have given to me, and I noticed something. The layout was more developed than what we've seen in SSHD, though many textures were missing. What I think, that while most of the alpha levels never made it, this level was chosen to be in the final level list, but somehow didn't make it. This is similar to how the Ghostbuster was also developed further and even finalized, but in the end cut, in probably Late Beta. The level looked like this:

http://i.imgur.com/ERm9Ul.jpg

Wait. Isn't that familiar? It is! It's actually

http://i.imgur.com/RtmMLl.jpg

Tower of Babel! The level Grand Obelisk reminds me of that level so much because it IS the same level! Mind=Blown!

So I think, this is what happened:

- Alpha Levels were scrapped and mostly deleted originally, though they might exist in a backup that since then went bad, and Croteam only managed to recover those three levels in the Beast DLC.
- Not all Alpha Levels were deleted, however. Some of them were selected to be developed further, and those became the 15 levels we know today. Not all of them were Egypt levels though.
- One level was "IntroAndWaterfallCircle", later then renamed "DreamWaterfalls" (its music folder is named as that, also confirmed by Angelo its backup to be named as that as well) and then as "MoonMountains". There was also a level saved from the Lava Planet, that became "LavaCaves".
- LavaCaves was later decided to be scrapped, but it wasn't deleted. Later this map would be used again, as part of the TSE level "Land of the Damned".
- One Egypt level was retained, "CityObeliskYard". This level was developed further, getting a better, more detailed layout, but for unknown reasons, it was cut, maybe cause of the lack of time. Later this level was then retextured, and became "Tower of Babel".

This find actually makes me curious. Who knows how much of The Second Encounter is actually repurposed Alpha and Beta assets? (Especially knowing about the Flamer.)

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #244   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Yay! We already played a part of the beta without knowing \o/
Old 01-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #245   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
One of these maps were called as LavaCaves. As he inspected, he found out that it is the exact same area from TSE's the Land of the Damned, just as a separate level. We think, that it might be a remain from the original Lava Planet levels, later included in TSE.
I was sure that this is how it is, even before you confirmed it. But these are very nice findings you have there. As things are going, Ziggurat might also turn out to be the babylon temple from Karnak

Too bad that there isn't more left from the other planets. The screenshots left from them are very scarce too. Is there a level list showing all of the map names? I mean, there is the list with 40 levels in Test 1, but I think it's not complete since it doesn't have the Nile level? There's probably more missing too, perhaps there is a more complete list in that backup?

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 01-12-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #246   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Any way of releasing those levels? As intact?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #247   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Is there a possibility of releasing those few maps, many people want to play them?

Last edited by Scratch; 01-12-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Removed superlong quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #248   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Do not double post.

Do not quote my entire post, since it is long.

And as we have said countless times, do not ask for these things, I haven't got them either, just screens and info. I already said how it was my final warning, isn't it? You might get banned for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfGaming View Post
Too bad that there isn't more left from the other planets. The screenshots left from them are very scarce too. Is there a level list showing all of the map names? I mean, there is the list with 40 levels in Test 1, but I think it's not complete since it doesn't have the Nile level? There's probably more missing too, perhaps there is a more complete list in that backup?
We looked for it, there is none, unfortunately. Not even the the Test 1 one.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #249   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Do not double post.

Do not quote my entire post, since it is long.

And as we have said countless times, do not ask for these things, I haven't got them either, just screens and info. I already said how it was my final warning, isn't it? You might get banned for that.

We looked for it, there is none, unfortunately. Not even the the Test 1 one.
well dude this is a old computer i didn't know even did i post, second no, i CAN'T be banned for this because this is the FIRST time i ASKED for that, and i asked for a OFFICIONAL release also LD told me about asking angelo for the ghostbuster, i was asking you for a officional release of those maps if you can read well?

EDIT: Stop being a dad!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #250   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I never said I had the maps, aka you asked them from Angelo, and no, LD told you that you can't ask Angelo of ANYTHING.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #251   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I never said I had the maps, aka you asked them from Angelo, and no, LD told you that you can't ask Angelo of ANYTHING.
I thought you have the maps so i asked you. and stop freakn' complain when anyone releases those stuff ill finish my project. and release it!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #252   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Kazuya. Kazuya. Kazuya.

Read my post very carefully:

Be quiet. Just stop. Right now.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #253   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Too bad that they scrapped CityMiddleYards, the second map from the DLC. It has such amazing layout, that it could have been right at home between Karnak and Luxor. Even better, they could have kept the old Karnak that had the current Luxor as a temple in Karnak, and used CityMiddleYards for Luxor instead.

Now we know that Croteam isn't not releasing the beta assets because they want to keep them secret so that they can use them later. They're not releasing them because they simply don't have them anymore
Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #254   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfGaming View Post
Too bad that they scrapped CityMiddleYards, the second map from the DLC. It has such amazing layout, that it could have been right at home between Karnak and Luxor. Even better, they could have kept the old Karnak that had the current Luxor as a temple in Karnak, and used CityMiddleYards for Luxor instead.

Now we know that Croteam isn't not releasing the beta assets because they want to keep them secret so that they can use them later. They're not releasing them because they simply don't have them anymore
Oh really? they sure have a "Serious Sam bible" the ghostbuster some levels and stuff. Also im preety sure that atleast one of those from 1996-2000 prototypes is there!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #255   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devostator View Post
Yay! We already played a part of the beta without knowing \o/
My initial reaction.

That's quite amazing, actually, I hadn't noticed the similar anatomy of the Tower of Babel compared to the new DLC.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #256   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacorguy79 View Post
I hadn't noticed the similar anatomy of the Tower of Babel compared to the new DLC.
First time I played through the DLC I thought "Hey look, tower of babel, egypt-styled", anyways, incredible how we are already playing some levels of the beta.

Nice findings Solais and Angelo
Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #257   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Since im in advantage because i know a little bit of russian i found some cool stuff.I never registered here because of my privacy i play this game since it first came out.I dont like multiplayer.Thekazuya alredy knows me from his facebook page...Anyways i found some links on the serioussite.ru i found some videos and some materials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T0VehDn54Bo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzEC...7gI63w&index=3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hhWZ...7gI63w&index=9
http://www.serioussite.ru/load/city_...on/28-1-0-1880
http://www.serioussite.ru/load/city_test/28-1-0-1879
And the best one which link doesnt work somethimes:
http://www.serioussite.ru/load/karna...ja/28-1-0-1852
Il continue searching on the russian page mabye theres more cool things.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #258   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingaAss(Goran Cro) View Post
Since im in advantage because i know a little bit of russian i found some cool stuff.I never registered here because of my privacy i play this game since it first came out.I dont like multiplayer.Thekazuya alredy knows me from his facebook page...Anyways i found some links on the serioussite.ru i found some videos and some materials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T0VehDn54Bo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzEC...7gI63w&index=3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hhWZ...7gI63w&index=9
http://www.serioussite.ru/load/city_...on/28-1-0-1880
http://www.serioussite.ru/load/city_test/28-1-0-1879
And the best one which link doesnt work somethimes:
http://www.serioussite.ru/load/karna...ja/28-1-0-1852
Il continue searching on the russian page mabye theres more cool things.

those maps are from a mapper who works with me in my beta remake... those maps are in my remake already.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #259   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Seriously, kazuya, you have been telling us about that "remake" of yours for like... lot of time. You have been also telling about how much stuff you have done, how much it is near completing. Why don't you show us anything? If you really have something - you can do that, even if it's not finished! If it's not, why are you still talking about that?

Now, back to the topic: Now, seeing how much of scrapped FE stuff is in SE, SS2 and even in SS3, I just can't wait to see SS4 to try to search for some more references.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #260   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

I alredy know that.But why are these maps avalible for download on a russian page but not here?On Croatian:Nisam dugo bio ovdje.Poceo sam i ja koristiti serious editor jer obozavam ovaj projekat.Ako ti treba beta tester il nesto slicno ja sam raspolozen...Mada onaj projekat Serious Sam Extended je isto exstra al tvoj bolji.Uvijek navijam za CRO
Old 02-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #261   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Someone just made maps based on beta screenshots, and probably called them like they are from beta...
They can't be the real one, since Croteam never released any beta releated stuff to public.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #262   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

This is why they are not available for download here, Kinga. Because if you exclusively share things on a site where nobody can understand the language except Russians..

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #263   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

It's funny how after all this time, the first proof that Kaz's project is actually being worked on comes from an unrelated 3rd party
Old 02-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #264   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

I just want to join any project.After all these years i never touched serious zone.And then it came to me WHY NOT.If anyone needs a beta tester or something related plz tell me...
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #265   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

lol dragon dude... i showed preety much for public... when serious sam revolution is released, the sayme date i will release my beta remake, that's the word
Old 02-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #266   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
lol dragon dude... i showed preety much for public... when serious sam revolution is released, the sayme date i will release my beta remake, that's the word
What if I said that Serious Sam Revolution will be released the day you release your remake?

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #267   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
What if I said that Serious Sam Revolution will be released the day you release your remake?
uhhh....

PARADOX
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #268   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
holyy shit it would be a mind crash
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #269   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
What if he releases it right now?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #270   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

What if I secretly already released it yesterday?