Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005, 03:43 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Default My 6yr old son says best game I have ever seen

My son had been playing the demo for a few weeks and loved.

The day I got SS2 ( 2 days ago infact ) the first thing he said was " is this just a demo"

"Nope,full game" I said.

After about 10 mins or so he gets to ride the dino, and this was the topper.

"BEST GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN" . He says with excitement.

Needless to say he has just about finished the game and I am yet to really play it.

So there ya have it, how can you argue with that statement.

Thanks to the SSE 2 team for making, IMHO one of the best games this year.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:54 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Like the old saying: Out of the mouths of kids.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:54 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Yepp, i agree. One of the top 3 best games i´ve played the last couple of years. The other two being Resident Evil 4 and Far Cry.

I just beat it on hard, and it got pretty intense at the end

Also, i can´t believe how good this game looks and plays considering my average hardware by todays standards. (p4 3.6, 1 gb ram, x800 xt pe etc.) These guys must have some serious skills when it comes to programming and graphical art.

Thanks Croteam for many, many hours of fun. I hope you are preparing SS3 as we speak

Last edited by Ywap; 10-30-2005 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:14 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
don't send help...

My 6 y.o. daughter has the cellophane wrapped game on her desk, in pride of place, next to her horse-riding awards.

We are eagerly awaiting the linux client so we can get Serious again...

*ping Croteam - get a move on!*
Old 10-30-2005, 08:48 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

How long did your son took to complete the game, im on 7 hours and still left like 4 more levels in the last episode. Playing on normal difficulty btw, what does your son play? Tourist?
768MB DDR RAM
SB Audigy Gamer
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Abit NF7 nForce 2 Ultra400
Old 10-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

You're letting your 6 year old child play this game? There's swearing in this game! This game isn't rated M for Mental ya know.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:21 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Yeah, my parents barely let me play FE when I was in eighth grade, let alone 6. Heh, I was playing Super Mario World on the SNES at age 6.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:00 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Voice of Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmontem
You're letting your 6 year old child play this game? There's swearing in this game! This game isn't rated M for Mental ya know.
It's a parent making an informed decision for their own child. That's a good thing. If they think their kid can handle it, then it's their decision to make. Please don't suggest to someone else how to raise their kid. That kind of "it takes a village" thinking is what keeps people like Jack Thompson going.

Besides, you can turn off voice quotes in the game, if you really don't want to hear something that might offend.

Edit: On second thought, you're entitled to your opinion. I appologize for trying to silence you. My mother in law is a family law attorney, and as a result I've seen way to many people get pushy with their own ideas of how to raise kids. Voicing an opinion, like you did above, is perfectly acceptable... though perhaps rude in some instances. I just hate it when people take it to the next level and do things like call cps because someone lets their kids watch R rated movies or some such.

Last edited by booger; 10-30-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:23 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Well the bad lanuage in the game is pretty soft and think its ok for a kid to play with supervision, besides i think he is having too much fun to worry about what is said

Ywap, I agree, best codeing ever. I have the same video card as you but only the P4 C @ 3.4 with 1 gig DDr. I turn everything on high @1280X medium AA and 8X AF with other settings at optimal and it flies along with little slowdown, and looks amazing.

My son is at the level with the huge pyrimd where you need to shoot the blue thing in the middle while shooting the ships it spits out.

He is finding that a bit hard, though i want to help him, its best if he dont give up.

Oh, I did set it to easy for him, just so he can have fun with it, which is what its all about

Cant wait to see whats in the works for SS3.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:20 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

haha thats adorable, hurray for Serious Sam!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:29 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

i think its okay to let your kid play this kind of game .....

beside the fact i played Blood and doom at the age of 6-7 years old (im now 19 and still no serial killer, or school murder )

And your true and false at the same time ..... little kids surely like this game maybe, but for gamers that are around for many many years, games can be judged with other eyes as kids have. But still Serious sam 2 is a great game!!! not the best ive played in the last time but still a great fun !!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:40 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I have played violent games since I was around six. It didn't do anything to me...sort of...

I have the demo for it too, I can't get enough of it. I really need the full version of the game, its so addicting.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:09 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

I just finished the game, the ending part was pretty hard, tell your son to save and save often (Espeically after every wave of enemies) thats what i did and its easier to play. Finished in 9hrs 31 mins and 9 seconds. Longest game ive ever played, HL2 which i expected to be long completed on the 3 day after it came out.

Oh and yeah i played SOF when i was very little (still in grade schol that time) didnt affect my future life at all.
768MB DDR RAM
SB Audigy Gamer
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Abit NF7 nForce 2 Ultra400

Last edited by Crow_Nest; 10-31-2005 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:08 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

MDx3000 is offline Send a message via ICQ to MDx3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest
I just finished the game, the ending part was pretty hard, tell your son to save and save often (Espeically after every wave of enemies) thats what i did and its easier to play. Finished in 9hrs 31 mins and 9 seconds. Longest game ive ever played, HL2 which i expected to be long completed on the 3 day after it came out.

Oh and yeah i played SOF when i was very little (still in grade schol that time) didnt affect my future life at all.
Meh, my sisters kid can't wait to try Ssam2 when they visit for Christmas.. He's 10 years old.
And I love this game, and the new engine. It's like a dream. Smooth and fast. Like a Ninja! ;D

Only thing games do is enhance your reflexes and fine-hand-motoric abilities.
It's not games or movies that is the problem. It's the view from ppl around the child that affects how a person evolves IMO.
Strange that not a single anti-game-society seem t' understand this.

BTW; Swedish is my native language. Not english.
I sense some Serious wind approching... -PFFFRRTKRRR- There you go, hehe.
"Your minions have all tried to beat me up, shoot me down, blow me away, run me over, rip me apart or drag me under, but I'm still coming at you Mental! More Serious than ever!"
Old 11-01-2005, 06:46 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

i have to totaly agree with you !
no movie or game makes out of you a serial killer or whatever ......
its the circumstances !! if youre already a little sick in your mind and your reall really enjoying the violence in theses games not like normal gamers that only think the violence in games are funny .... then it can happen !!
but not to a normal human

i hate it when the media is putting all this stuff on games and movies !
im from switzerland and i go often mad when i watch how dumb the germans are with their rules about games ! and gamers are allways "the bad guys" that "kill people if they play too much!" ........ they even think counterstrike is one of the baddest games or whatever ....
they just are dumb like hell .......
Old 11-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

It is sure one of the best games I played in a while - only game I played in the past 12 months that I liked THAT much to play again, again, and again, was Half Life 2 - but that hasn't got enough monsters And it doesn't even have kleers
Old 11-02-2005, 04:06 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

@1st post:

The kid's 6 years old - Why do you take it so seriously?

No but really, Serious Sam 2 is good but it's certainly not the best game of 2005. Anyone who thinks otherwise must have a weird taste.. I've even seen a "10.0" score in the GameSpot User Reviews, I heard myself mumbling "omg, die"...

Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the game for a lot of reasons, but one might also dislike it for the same amount of reasons.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Well, my son plays Doom3, HL2, the COD series, Unreal Tournament, BF2 ( not online though, thats for me ! , PainKiller, Far Cry, StarWars BattleFront, all the Harry potter games and a few others.

This one, from the word go is fast and furious action, heaps of monsters, huge beast, Spiders, a dinosaur you can ride. To him, its the greatest game ever, and thats all that matters to me as it was his Bday gift. I play it a bit, but just little.
He could not get passed the last boss ( pyrimid thingy ) so I had to d oit for him.

Ummm, you people do know of the HUGE exploit in the last boss level that makes it incredibly easy to kill in about 1 min or so?

I can tell ya if ya like how, but I dont want to spoil it for new players, so if demand if high enough, ill spill the beans

I also agree, my boy has some fast reflexes from playing games and his hand eye is sharp.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:35 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Just put it between spoiler tags eh
Old 11-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

this is also my 5 yr old grandsons favorite game.friday nights are our coop nite.he started playing shooters at 3 yr old begining with ut and quake3.

list of games he and i have played coop.

doom3[wierd loves this but quake4 scares him ]
quake2
ss-se
ss2
close combat-first to fight
counterstrike:source[us against the bots]
will rock
nitro family[he likes i hate it]
unreal tourney monster madness
swat4[hes a little too tazer happy]
Old 11-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

I've played pretty much every violent video game since I was 2 years old (with little interference from my parents) and I'm out of my mind.