Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Default How to defeat the last boos the VERY, EXTREMLY easy way.

Not sure if it is a bug or what or if someone else has stated this but: ok, this is a spoiler so look away if ya dont want to know.

Ok, once the Pyrimid starts to move and the door opens up for ya shot the crystle thingy, move to the very end of the map driveing the hover thingy backwards keeping your aim on the crystle, go right to back and keep on moving back. Even though you are pushed up against the wall, keep pushing back into it as it moves away from you. you want to stay flush againts it.

Now keep shooting the crystal thingy in the pyrimid.
Now when the ships fly out to come get ya, they always over shoot where you are on the map and come back up behind for the kill.

LOL but you are pushed right back up on the wall so they cant get ya at all and just simply crash in the ground. Maybe 1 or might throw a bit debri your way but you get hurt to much at all.

How is that hey, too easy. I found that last boss to be a bit overwelming so i found this out by being a chicken and running away.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:47 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
λ

Shrinker is offline Send a message via ICQ to Shrinker Send a message via AIM to Shrinker Send a message via MSN to Shrinker

Rofl, that's a nice way of defeating it!
   Arrival Mix | Tree of Life

Old 11-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

freker is offline Send a message via MSN to freker

The last Boos?
Bit of an accent there...
Old 11-03-2005, 05:27 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Yeah - I did the same thing to beat it on "hard"... Kinda defeats the point of the game, but a win is a win ;-)
Old 11-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Smokin' Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by freker
The last Boos?
Bit of an accent there...
[insert obscure Zork joke]

"Want some Rye? 'Course ya do!"
Old 11-04-2005, 01:52 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
CPA
Footballer Orc

I noticed the same thing. The ships will crash into the other side of the wall too.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:55 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Thumbs up

I'm trying this now, and it's not working...I always wind up taking damage anyhow. Once, I got him within a hair of death, but most times I don't even get really close before I die. I take too much damage from the planes, and then the flaming boulders finish me off every time.

Is there one spot that's better than the others to be against the wall at? I am right in the middle, directly in front of the pyramid, but when I try to move to one of the corners, the planes come in on me from the side and I get nailed.

*EDIT*
Okay, it DOES work, just not on the first (or 20th for that matter try), and I just finished the game with it. It took a hell of a lot of tries, but it finally worked. I wound up rushing up for the repair pickup both times, as I always took quite a bit of damage, even when backed up against the wall. I basically got the repair pickup and then concentrated my fire just a bit above the bottom center of the crystal as I worked my way back to the wall, dodging flaming boulders as I did. At that spot, you hit the crystal, as well as any boulders coming from the middle, so I was only taking damage from the two side boulders when I couldn't avoid them...my frickin' finger still hurts from holding down the S key the whole time...your adrenalin gets going and you don't notice how hard you're pushing it!

Last edited by Affable Adam; 11-09-2005 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

It does work for the dive bomber enimies but not the rest of the sequences-espiecally the flaming balls being shot at you...for those you need to be at the very FRONT of the pyrimid (on hard anyways).

Another way to kill the dive planes is to simply shoot them before they hit you?! After all, THAT SEQUENCE OF DIVE PLANES IS THE EASIEST OF THE ENTIRE BOSS.

That boss was one of the toughest in any game I have faced, took about 40 reloads and many different attempts at strategy to beat him.

Awesome ending though! cant wait for the next one...playing this coop at a 10 man lan on the 26th...I will report back with some news after the party.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:57 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

lol, i rememer something like this in duke3d, it's the boss where duke yells "i'm gonna rip off your head, and shit down your neck" you start fighting and there is a hole in the wall that you jump into, the moster walks up and starts shooting at you but it does not hurt you, but you can still shoot the moster just fine, Ahh good times.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:18 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

eh, the boss was easy. the damn spiders before him took me more attempts....
Old 11-11-2005, 12:04 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Is it just me, or did anyone else beat the mental institution boss in less than 1 minute?

Please tell me it's not really that easy, even on normal difficulty?

And before you ask, no, Im really not shitting you.

SPOILER
I just grabbed the serious damage in front of the fighter, and held down the trigger, dodging a bit, and occasionally turning to shoot the suicide planes.

Last edited by Katsuro; 11-11-2005 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:19 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

There is no serious damage on any difficulty above "why am I even playing." Ho ho!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:42 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

its possible, although how you got through the spiders without using it is the question....
Old 11-11-2005, 08:59 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Serious bomb?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:25 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I was playing on normal, and when the spiders appear, theres 2 serious damage. I only used 1.

I used parrots to kill the spiders until the SD ran out, then used serious bomb. There was 1 serious damage left, and I used it and killed mental institution in less than a minute.

The power of conservation of ammo.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:12 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Sacred Oaf is offline Send a message via MSN to Sacred Oaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuro
I was playing on normal, and when the spiders appear, theres 2 serious damage. I only used 1.

I used parrots to kill the spiders until the SD ran out, then used serious bomb. There was 1 serious damage left, and I used it and killed mental institution in less than a minute.

The power of conservation of ammo.
Then you must have got real close to those spiders before launching your parrots since there's so many rhinos getting in the way.

I love the parrot weapon except for one thing: you can't really choose your target in a very crowded situation. Result: the parrot will often be wasted on that wimpy orc trooper when you were really aiming for a helicopter (for eg.)
Old 11-14-2005, 11:15 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
XIInator

EASY?!!! Either you all are a bunch of lousy liars, or GODS. I've reloaded like 5,000,000 times already, and still can't get past the f*cking bombers!! (In hard mode).
Old 11-15-2005, 01:09 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I made a demo for this thread.
http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=45639
Old 11-15-2005, 12:40 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
XIInator

WOOOHOOO!! I beat it without cheating on hard!!! *DANCES*

Yea yea, ok, so this is probably easy as pie for some of you as you could probably play in serious mode with your eyes closed, but anyhow, after a good nights sleep and a couple more thousand qs/ql, I beat it. On to serious mode.