Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2005, 01:03 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Default What are your most anticipated video games for this year?

Do you guys have a list of most anticipating Video Games for this year? Well, I sure do and here is a list of games I definatly can't wait for!

1. Quake 4. Back at the summer of 2002, I heard the news of Raven Software planning to evelope Quake 4, a sequek to Quake 2. I was quite exited to hear about this as Quake 2 was my most memorable Quake game. I wasn't able to play it until I had bought my Pionex Elite PC (as my mom's older aptiva PC had only a Pentium 100 MHZ) at late 1999. After that my brother went and bought the bundle pack for me for christmas, which included Quake 2 and both expansions. But uh oh, he bought it for the wrong OS! The version he had gotten for me was for Linux. We went back and gotten an exchange, but Hastings was only able to get Quake 2 for us as they had no more bundle packs for WIndows. Well a couple of weeks later we found an online store that had actually sold the bundle pack for windows. I went ahead and bought it and as soon as it came through the mail for me I went and played it. Even though at the time the game had been out for almost 2 years, I greatly enjoyed the game. The level design was top notched, the weapons were plentiful and largly varied, the enemies also were varied, gruesome, and hella cool looking, and the level design was top notched. I also liked the idea of completing mission objectives given to you in the game. Also, the game had a spooky atmosphere to it as well, as you were on an alien planet and had to fight your way through the Strogg infested planet

And now that we have Quake 4 comming soon (finally) I am expecting many of these great gameplay elements to make an appearance in the game, with a good storyline of course. But there are some cool new features that will make an appearance in the game as well. For starters, you'll be able to drive vehicles in the game, such as a futuristic hovertank and operate turrets. Heh, kindalike a 21st century Battlefield 1942. Also you'll have the ability to upgrade many of your weapons as well. Also, in the middle of the game you'll actually become Stroggified (uh oh, this was a bit of a spoiler. But I *DID* warn of spoilers in this post). But no worries, you'll still be on the Human's side and you'll in fact have special abilities given to you, such as greater strength and speed. Also you won't be alone in this game, as you'll have squadmates fight alongside with you, kinda like in Call of Duty. But you won't take control of any of them. Most of the weapons will be making a return (and a few even from the first quake game, such as the nailgun) except for the BFG. Nuts. But on the good side, you will be getting some sort of superweapon of some kind to operate, which wil be every bit as powerful as the BFG. On top of this, the game will be using a modified Doom 3 engine so the graphics and engine will be top notched.

And unfortunatly, that last part is what I am afraid of. I've seen some gameplay footages of the game, mainly from E3 but also from some developer interviews, and in many of the gameplay footages the framerate looks as if it slows down quite a bit. And that is what I was afraid of. The Doom 3 engine may be great, but it is also very demanding. My Computer has has a 3.2 GHZ processor, 1 gig of memory, and a Geforce 6800 GT 256 MB video card, and it is barely able to run Doom 3 on a good and steady framerate. Doom 3 focuses on closed spaces and indoor enviorments with one or two enemies onscreen at a time. With Quake 3 the enviorments are going to be bigger (with some outdoor fighting as well) and there are going to be numerous enemies on screen at a time. On top of that the game is scheduled to be released later this year. Even on higher end systems the game is going to run at a slower framerate. So I am a bit worried how the game is going to run on my computer and I can see in the future people complaining that their computers can't run the game.

Other than that I am greatly anticipating this game. I have always wanted to return to Quake 2 and kick more Strogg ass. Out of all the Quake games, people liked Quake 2 the best as it had the best story and gameplay of all the quake series. I'm really anticipating the game's release later this year, but I sure hope my PC can be able to handle it. What do you guys think? Ready to kick some Strogg butt with me?

2. Call of Duty 2. Call of Duty was one of my most anticipated games out of 2003. And when I had finally recieved it for Christmas I enjoyed it so much. It is one of my most favorite PC FPS out there! So you can imagine my suprize when Call of Duty 2 was announced. When I first heard about this game I was hoping for this game to take place in the Pacific but instead it takes place back in Europe. Oh well, I trust Infinity Ward and I know these guys know what they are doing so I have every confidence with this game's success. The game will at least also cover North Africa and Italy (At least I think there will be some parts of the game taking place in Italy). As before you'll be playing as a U.S., British, and Russian soldier. The engine looks nice and updated with lots of nice effects (especially the particle and dust effects system). I've seen some E3 footage of this game (some of it on this site as well) and it looks like it'll give us the great large scale battle experience that made Call of Duty so famous. I hope they release a demo for this game sometime this summer, like what they did for Call of Duty.

3. Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood. I'll admit that when I had first gotten Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 I at first had a hard time with this game. It was more of a tactical shooter than an action oriented FPS. But I had gotten use to it, adjusting to it's strategy gameplay. Even though there are a few shortcommings with this game (The chalky A.I., for one) I enjoyed this game and now I'm addicted to it. The flanking and maneuver tactics of this game and being able to lead your squad is pretty ingeniousing and it makes for pretty good replay. What I was suprized was that there were plans on a sequel even before the first BIA game was released. So far we've got some fairly informal previews of the game but only very few pictures and no preview videos so far. Not too much is known about the game except that this time you'll play as Joe "Red" Heartsock, one of Matt (the guy you played as in BIA) Baker's men now promoted as Sergant. The game will still take place in Normandy Europe (which kinda bumed me out since I was hoping for a different setting for the game instead of overused Normandy, like Durring the Battle of the Buldge. Interestingly there were rumors that the second BIA game was going to take place durring Operation Market Garden and the Battle of the Buldge) but instead of focusing on outside open country combat it will instead focus on indoor combat. There will also be some new weapons (such as the FG42 and the M1 Grease gun) and some new vehicles. The engine will also get updated as well. And last but not least the enemy A.I. will be improved as well. I sure do hope that we get some gameplay footage of Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood soon.

4. Serious Sam 2. And last but not least is Serious Sam 2 of course. And this is the game that most of us (if not all of us) certainly can't wait for. I wasn't too suprized when I heard this game announced, as in a PC Gamer Magazine I read a few years ago that Croteam was going to work on an actual sequel to the game since Second Encounter wasn't actually the "true" sequel. I sure was greatly amazed when I downloaded and watched the tech demo. I have high hopes for this game and I certainly can't wait for the game's release. I'll tell more of my thought on this game at the Serious Sam 2 section.

Well that's pretty much is the list for me. 4 great games I can't wait to get my hands on later this year. I just hope that they won't get delayed past 2005 but if they do, I can still wait.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:07 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Spy Killah

Seriously! Reaper

It's funny...E3 is nothing but a hype machine, but at the same time it is a way to absolutely level hype to where it should be. BF2 was hyped to hell before E3, I went there, and what shot it to pieces? Ghost Recon 3. Sure, BF2 looks to be good fun, and in a sense they're different but complimentary games, but Ghost Recon 3 just looks sweet.

So I'd have to say....
Ghost Recon 3
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Serious Sam II
Auto Assault
UT2007
Quake 4
Battlefield 2
Old 06-12-2005, 03:46 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Zelda: Twilight princess (GC)
Serious Sam II (PC)
Killer 7 (GC)
Giest (GC) - this game could really blow, but it seems to have potential
Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox360) - I won't own the system, but i'm looking forward to playing it anyways, lol
Old 06-12-2005, 03:52 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Spy Killah

Seriously! Reaper

I would be looking to Gears of War, but I plan on waiting for the PS3 instead of spending money on an Xbox.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:42 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Serious Sam 2, Gothic 3.
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky
Old 06-12-2005, 05:23 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess (You can tell I was going to mention this can't you?)

-Serious Sam 2 (It's a Serious Sam forum, everyone here's going to mention this game)

There's no more at the moment but there probably will be as more games get announced
Old 06-12-2005, 05:25 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Slayer of Dogma

Serious Sam 2, don't really care about the rest.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:22 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zocky
Serious Sam 2, Gothic 3.
Same here.

--------------------------
My Page!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:24 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I'm not much in FPS anymore, but I could still buy Serious Sam 2 and Quake4, as long they are playable on my rig.

Also in the list: Civilization 4, Galactic Civilizations 2, GTA:San Andrea.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:09 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Beware the buttcat

LactosetheIntolerant is offline Send a message via ICQ to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via MSN to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via Yahoo to LactosetheIntolerant

serious sam 2, f.e.a.r, twilight princess, perfect dark zero

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Old 06-12-2005, 08:36 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
ijubnsgrziuh

Think I'll pop into town today and get GTA:SA actually, then there's only Q4 and SS2 left as far as I can remember, oh, and Stalker.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:45 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Serious Sam 2
Quake 4
UT 2k7
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 06-12-2005, 09:05 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Marcellus-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnector
Serious Sam 2
Quake 4
UT 2k7
Same here too !!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
ijubnsgrziuh

I really doubt the new UT will be out this year.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:49 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

Ehrr.. let's see:

Serious Sam2, Serious Sam 2, Serious Sam 2 and UT2k7

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 06-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
PETN

Battlefield 2
F.E.A.R
Serious Sam II
UT 2k7
Quake 4
Old 06-12-2005, 11:18 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Serious Sam 2
Quake 4
UT2007

Old 06-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Spy Killah

Seriously! Reaper

Balls, forgot about F.E.A.R.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:19 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
The Sparrow

In no particular order:
Gothic 3
F.E.A.R.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
next Splinter Cell installment
Old 06-12-2005, 02:42 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Cuppa tea?

Zelda
Arc the Lad (Comes out on wednesday)
Quake 4
SS2
Old 06-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
The Village Idiot

berbano is offline Send a message via ICQ to berbano Send a message via AIM to berbano

Serious Sam 2
F.E.A.R
Quake 4
City of Villans
Old 06-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
yaranaika?

Xaositect_Crayon is offline Send a message via AIM to Xaositect_Crayon Send a message via MSN to Xaositect_Crayon Send a message via Yahoo to Xaositect_Crayon

Civ4, ss2 (if playable on my rig), Zelda Twilight princess, that new 3d kirby game coming out

and games I am anticipating for more than a year away

super smash bros. 3 for the nintendo revolution

he unobserved state is a fog of probabilities, a window of and for error. The watcher observes, the fog collapses, an event resolves. A theory becomes a fact... What is the truth? Tell me, if you know. And I will not believe you. Things are never what they seem. Clean gloves hide dirty hands - and mine are dirtier than most... Without truth, there can be no justice.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
PASGETTI!

Serious Sam 2 is the only game that interests me for now. Quake 4? We'll see. I don't have high hopes for it.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:49 AM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor
In no particular order:
Gothic 3
F.E.A.R.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
next Splinter Cell installment
I'm going to have to ban you for not mentioning Serious Sam II...

Old 06-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaositect_Crayon
super smash bros. 3 for the nintendo revolution
Ah yes there's that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus
I'm going to have to ban you for not mentioning Serious Sam II...
Nobody needs to mention SS2, you already know that everyone here is waiting for it

Last edited by Deepblue; 06-13-2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:57 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Universal Remonster

Looking forward to...

Shadow of the Colossus
Spore
Dreamfall
Odama
We Love Katamari
Okami
Elektroplankton

and serious sam 2.....I guess

And I bet that no one has heard of any of these games.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:59 PM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
PASGETTI!

Spore has been mentioned recently...
Old 06-14-2005, 05:43 PM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Diggin' it!

Hkan is offline Send a message via MSN to Hkan

Serious Sam 2
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Nintendo Revolution
Old 06-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quoth is offline Send a message via ICQ to Quoth Send a message via AIM to Quoth Send a message via MSN to Quoth

LOZ: Twilight Princess

i'm looking forward to this so much I haven't watched the trailers, haven't read anything about it, only seen one or two of the screenshots. all i know is the name, and that it's going to kick ass, and i intend to know nothing more until the day I can open the food supplies, lock the door, and disappear from all human contact for about a week
Old 06-14-2005, 08:58 PM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
yaranaika?

Xaositect_Crayon is offline Send a message via AIM to Xaositect_Crayon Send a message via MSN to Xaositect_Crayon Send a message via Yahoo to Xaositect_Crayon

SS2 is rumored to have no built in limits... or nearly so

he unobserved state is a fog of probabilities, a window of and for error. The watcher observes, the fog collapses, an event resolves. A theory becomes a fact... What is the truth? Tell me, if you know. And I will not believe you. Things are never what they seem. Clean gloves hide dirty hands - and mine are dirtier than most... Without truth, there can be no justice.