Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 08:17 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
untitled.

Hollywood is offline Send a message via MSN to Hollywood
Default Warcraft III The Frozen Throne

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!! EXPANSION PACK!! mmm warry and crafy, and now FROSTY!

Following in the tradition of previous Blizzard expansion sets, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne provides gamers with a vast new chapter in the epic Warcraft saga. In the single-player campaign, players revisit the war-torn world of Azeroth. Several months have passed since Archimonde and the Burning Legion were defeated at the battle of Mount Hyjal, yet a new threat has arisen throughout the land. The evil Lich King Ner'zhul has been imprisoned inside the Icecrown glacier, deep within the arctic continent of Northrend. Although the former Orc Shaman lacks physical form, his soul lives on, forever seeking a means to escape his icy prison. As the saga continues, it is revealed that both the Night Elf renegade, llidan, and the traitorous Death Knight, Arthas, seek the Icecrown glacier and the mysterious powers found inside. While it is uncertain as to what is being sought inside the icy tomb, players must traverse uncharted lands and battle treacherous new enemies to uncover the schemes of these nefarious beings, and save all of Azeroth from the forces of darkness.
  • One new Hero per race, each possessing powerful spells and magical abilities specifically designed to enhance each race
  • A host of new units, each equipped with new abilities and spells, giving players the opportunity to create diverse strategic and tactical forms of combat
  • 3 new tilesets featuring extraordinary new lands to explore, complete with numerous creeps and critters to wage war upon
  • Player-built shops, unique for each race, equipped with items carefully designed to improve and aid the units of every race
  • Neutral buildings, which will provide players with numerous new upgrades, items and abilities
  • Neutral Heroes, available for recruitment by all players, that can supplement and strengthen a player's army with all new spells and abilities
  • An advanced world editor that allows players to create their own custom campaigns, complete with cut-scenes and voiceovers
  • Many new multiplayer maps
  • Expanded multiplayer options over Battle.net® including multiple new game types, clan and tournament support

http://www.blizzard.com/images/back66b.jpg
Old 01-22-2003, 09:09 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
...is dreaming.

Oswald is offline Send a message via ICQ to Oswald Send a message via AIM to Oswald

ugh. i can't stand blizzard's expansion packs... now, total annihilation had the best expansion pack known to modern man: the core contigency.

why did it rock? i gave both armies a whole new tree of craft (hovercrafts), 'transforming' units that could go from land to sea and expanded every single technology tree to the nth degree.

plus one hell of a great campaign.
oswald

Shameless self-promotion - click here to see my portfolio.
Shamelessly ripping films apart with the Popcorn Nazis.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:34 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quoth is offline Send a message via ICQ to Quoth Send a message via AIM to Quoth Send a message via MSN to Quoth

omg . . . awesome. One new hero per race!!! ****ing hell, this is going to cause a storm on bnet
Old 01-22-2003, 09:34 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Universal Remonster

I don't know, didn't the Throne of Bhaal for Balder's Gate 2 add about 40-60 hours of gameplay?
Old 01-22-2003, 09:35 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
...is dreaming.

Oswald is offline Send a message via ICQ to Oswald Send a message via AIM to Oswald

Quote:
Originally posted by Green Monkey
I don't know, didn't the Throne of Bhaal for Balder's Gate 2 add about 40-60 hours of gameplay?
i never played baulders gate, or even baulders gate 2.

if the 'throne of bhaal' addon added as much as you say then damn, one worthy expansion.
oswald

Old 01-22-2003, 09:41 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quoth is offline Send a message via ICQ to Quoth Send a message via AIM to Quoth Send a message via MSN to Quoth

*sniff* Core Contingency . . . now there, my friend, has lain many an epic battle. The days before pop caps . . . of 50+ Krogoth rushes on 3 day 12 player games . . . sweet memories.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:29 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Residant Player

DaPlaya is offline Send a message via ICQ to DaPlaya

yay more warcraft 3 ... perhaps now i will have some units that i know how to use better on battle net ... oh wait there still is the problem that everyone else on battle net are complete morons ... or atleast the ones on my team are. (i've had guys attack their own hero, and destroy their own town hall, then build another one, and do this till they can not afford any more halls.
Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He Believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours.
Life is a prison, death shall be my release
"If we fail, then I was not destened to rule, and am deserving of my death"
Old 01-22-2003, 10:36 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

. . . don't play random team then. Arranged team rox0rz! We should really start a SAM clan
Old 01-22-2003, 11:10 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Residant Player

yeah i'de play arrange team ... but who to arrange to ... bah
Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He Believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:02 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Does not like you.

DR.PUNCH IN THE FACE is offline Send a message via AIM to DR.PUNCH IN THE FACE

Quote:
Originally posted by Green Monkey
added like 70 hours dude.

-Haiku by Deadpool
Old 01-22-2003, 04:46 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

strossos is offline Send a message via AIM to strossos

Quote:
Originally posted by Oswald
ugh. i can't stand blizzard's expansion packs... now, total annihilation had the best expansion pack known to modern man: the core contigency.

why did it rock? i gave both armies a whole new tree of craft (hovercrafts), 'transforming' units that could go from land to sea and expanded every single technology tree to the nth degree.

plus one hell of a great campaign.
oswald

i think TA is the best rts every, its graphics to me still look better, and i love the unit movements.

and they are making anouter one thats suppost to come out at in q4 of this year.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:55 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Has anyone played Arcanum??? Thats a really good game if you ask me.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:05 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
...is dreaming.

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrixmillion
Has anyone played Arcanum??? Thats a really good game if you ask me.
it's really damn great if you ask me
oswald

Old 01-22-2003, 05:24 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

That it is
Old 01-22-2003, 10:58 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Raindrops and roses

I for one am excited for this expansion. I really liked WCIII, but thought that a lot more could be done with it. Hopefully at least some of my expectation will be fulfilled.
"To do evil is like sport to a fool, But a man of understanding has wisdom." - Proverbs 10:23
Old 01-23-2003, 12:02 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Direwolf Founder

BurnHavoc is offline Send a message via ICQ to BurnHavoc Send a message via AIM to BurnHavoc Send a message via MSN to BurnHavoc Send a message via Yahoo to BurnHavoc

Yeah, TA is the greatest thing I've seen in terms of an RTS. It lacks a large fanbase (thanks to Kingdoms for the most part, which I did not like as much).

Its a LAN favorite here at Direwolf

I already like this expansions cause me and my friend were all "WTF happened to the frigging Lich King?" at the end of WC3
If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul.
- Issac Asimov

Wii Number [2504 6833 4090 9541]
Old 01-23-2003, 12:05 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
...is dreaming.

Quote:
Originally posted by BurnHavoc
Yeah, TA is the greatest thing I've seen in terms of an RTS. It lacks a large fanbase (thanks
are you on drugs?
www.tauniverse.com
a great damn site about total annihilation, constantly updated.

http://www.planetannihilation.com/swta/
star wars - total annihilation is one of the finest mods ever made, ever.

oswald

Last edited by Oswald; 01-23-2003 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:22 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Direwolf Founder

BurnHavoc is offline Send a message via ICQ to BurnHavoc Send a message via AIM to BurnHavoc Send a message via MSN to BurnHavoc Send a message via Yahoo to BurnHavoc

Compair it to other games, its far less popular

People don't appreciate it enough cause you can't be an uber-asshole and it dosn't require mass ammounts of clicking (*coughkoreanscough*). Its an actual game of skill
If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul.
- Issac Asimov

Wii Number [2504 6833 4090 9541]
Old 01-23-2003, 12:49 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
...is dreaming.

Quote:
Originally posted by BurnHavoc
Compair it to other games, its far less popular

People don't appreciate it enough cause you can't be an uber-asshole and it dosn't require mass ammounts of clicking (*coughkoreanscough*). Its an actual game of skill
it's incredibly popular for a game of yester-year.
oswald

Old 01-23-2003, 12:55 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Joben is offline Send a message via ICQ to Joben Send a message via AIM to Joben

hmm me must check out TA, i got realy turned off RTS a while ago...in short i bought Starcraft a horrible game, its twitch gaming crossed with strat, with the good points of neither. I can still play Homeworld every once in a while but thats about it.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:58 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Raindrops and roses

I really enjoy Starcraft. I actually enjoy it more for gaming online with some friends of mine, and my brother, or at LANs. I refuse to play with just anyone through Battle.net though.
"To do evil is like sport to a fool, But a man of understanding has wisdom." - Proverbs 10:23
Old 01-23-2003, 01:01 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Joben is offline Send a message via ICQ to Joben Send a message via AIM to Joben

I can see how people would like it, especialy with friends...just not my thing i guess.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:42 AM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
The Village Idiot

berbano is offline Send a message via ICQ to berbano Send a message via AIM to berbano

I'll be happy if they add water units. I just miss those lil' old sea battles from WC2, then going around the ships fighting, landing a few of my units on the beach where thier base is, and destroying them.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:53 AM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Paladin Level 7

I liked Dark Reign more than Total annihilation. Though I got some good direct connect games with Total Annhilation.

I really hope this expansion gets me into war3 again. I havent played it much anymore. Berbano i was thinking the same thing. Naval untis please! The news heroes sound intriguing as do the neutral heroes.

HAHAHA! You think this is the real Quiayd? It is.
The final swing is not a drill It's how many people I can kill

<<(:: + MERC + ::)>> MR. SLiK
Old 01-23-2003, 02:55 AM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
...is dreaming.

Quote:
Originally posted by MR. SLiK
I liked Dark Reign more than Total annihilation. Though I got some good direct connect games with Total Annhilation.
dark reign was really, really badass.

"classic. total classic."
oswald

Old 01-23-2003, 07:32 AM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
untitled.

Hollywood is offline Send a message via MSN to Hollywood

and it's australian!

yeah in the store TA and DR boxes were sitting next to each other and i said...

EENIE

MEANIE

MINIE

MOE...

and DR it was, TA i never touched... until a mate brought it to uni 2 years ago. i didn't like it much, too many units... over load, otherwise it was cool.

i started to play warcraft 3 again... then two weeks later i heard about the expack. but, the undead campaign is boring me, i like being bad ass arthas, but... bleh. i'm just picky.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:33 AM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
Recursively Defined

Walt is offline Send a message via ICQ to Walt Send a message via AIM to Walt Send a message via MSN to Walt Send a message via Yahoo to Walt

I like the idea of the expansion. Blizzard always takes a lot of time to make sure any new content they add is top notch, and I appreciate them fixing the things wrong with the world editor (no cut scene editor). It's about time Battle.net got clan support too. I look forward to the continuation of the Warcraft story, and am happy Blizzard is doing what they're supposed to do. And what the **** is wrong with Blizzard expansion packs? The only one I didn't think was worth my time was WarCraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal. The other ones (Hellfire included) I thought were great and added something fresh to the games that extended their life by a good bit.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:58 AM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

man, the undead campaign has sore memories for me . . . I was stuck on beneath the burning sky for about 3 weeks solid before I cracked it. THAT is a hard mission. Undead campaign is far harder than orcs imho
Old 01-23-2003, 10:02 AM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
Residant Player

i think the worst (hardest) levels that there are in Warcraft 3 is those levels with the time to servive (eg: 30 minutes till help arrives) (have you actually tryed to kill all of the upposing forces, it's hard as hell, even on normal mode)
Old 01-23-2003, 10:14 AM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Raindrops and roses

Quote:
Originally posted by DaPlaya
i think the worst (hardest) levels that there are in Warcraft 3 is those levels with the time to servive (eg: 30 minutes till help arrives) (have you actually tryed to kill all of the upposing forces, it's hard as hell, even on normal mode)
I agree with you there. And while I didn't think most of the Orc levels were incredibly difficult, I did find that the level where they team up with humans to rescue the Orc Blademaster (cannot remember his name right now) was difficult as well.