Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2005, 01:20 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Titty Monster

Default why are all hymns so weak?

i tried to find a MIDI od Onward Christian Soldiers for a project of mine. so far i've downloaded three versions, all of them complete shit.

honestly, what is it with christians and shitty music?! i want a song with rousing vocals(or a reasonable facsimily), rigouous melody, and would it kill anyone to add some precussion?! God damn it all!

i look for a MIDI of the song like that chorus from Strip tease, you know, where the senator walks into a banquet hall of that christian organisation, the song there was powerful, it was done with bleeding emotion! not this tranquil organ crap!

if anyone could help me with my search, i'd apreciate it.

and to tell the British royalty to eat a bag of dicks.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:21 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Man from 2525

Shuriken is offline Send a message via AIM to Shuriken

It all depends on the performance, you fool.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:29 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Titty Monster

damnit, i know that! but why are all the midis i download of this particular ****ing hymn so damn weak?! it's supposed to be a ****ing powerful song, used to encourage and embiggen an army prepareing to campaign, not to be recited without any feeling by people in some quoir.

anyway, you're not helping me. i need a midi of the hymn that is neither slow, tranquil, nor laden with organ.

i don't think i can look any longer for it. after a few minutes, i feel intelectually violated.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:38 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Man from 2525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed the MAD
damnit, i know that! but why are all the midis i download of this particular ****ing hymn so damn weak?! it's supposed to be a ****ing powerful song, used to encourage and embiggen an army prepareing to campaign, not to be recited without any feeling by people in some quoir.

anyway, you're not helping me. i need a midi of the hymn that is neither slow, tranquil, nor laden with organ.

i don't think i can look any longer for it. after a few minutes, i feel intelectually violated.
Must it be midi?

midi are nit usial ;rousing;ljust lame. tehn gt it and reod it yourself.

I think the Marmin Tabernacel Choir did a good woen.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:43 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Titty Monster

we've ****ing been over this. my computer won't play anything but midi's. ever since i installed Starport:GE. honestly, do you guys even read any of my posts anymore? or do you just skim over them and complain about whatever catches your eye?

frankly, all the midi's in my collection are rather good. infact, the only consistently shitty midi's i've encountered are the several christian midi's i just downloaded.

does christian music attract more talentless retards than Emo or something?

Old 03-04-2005, 01:52 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Man from 2525

Quote:
we've ****ing been over this. my computer won't play anything but midi's. ever since i installed Starport:GE. honestly, do you guys even read any of my posts anymore? or do you just skim over them and complain about whatever catches your eye?

frankly, all the midi's in my collection are rather good. infact, the only consistently shitty midi's i've encountered are the several christian midi's i just downloaded.

does christian music attract more talentless retards than Emo or something?
Well guess what jackass, I'm not a ver y well contributing member of this or nay other community so I odn't partocipate in everything. If I was a bit more uselfeu I mgith just know this but honestly I'm too obnosxious to be a friend enough to know..

So, wwh not jusit make our own or recompose ttti.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:13 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
insert user title..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuriken
Must it be midi?

midi are nit usial ;rousing;ljust lame. tehn gt it and reod it yourself.
Sorry, but I don't speak Retardese - care to translate?

seriously, assuming I understand you correctly, that is what I was going to say. I can't think of ONE SINGLE MIDI that sounds good.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:21 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Raindrops and roses

Quote:

It's a traditional hymn, you won't find it without the organ.

As to your interpretation, I assume that's what your own personal interpretation or use of it is amounting to, yes? Because that's not the reason the song was written, nor its intended meaning.

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to find a good midi. Good midis seem difficult to find in the first place, but you're probably looking for a version of the song that you aren't going to find. Being a traditional hymn, it's power tends to come more from the voices of the choir singing, and the grace with which the organ is played, as opposed to anything else. Christians in a more subdued, liturgical worship setting find this kind of music beautiful and uplifting.
"To do evil is like sport to a fool, But a man of understanding has wisdom." - Proverbs 10:23
Old 03-04-2005, 03:05 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Who reads these?

I never though onward christian soldiers was a very good hymn. Try the battle hymn of the republic.

We all enter this world in the same way: naked, screaming, soaked in blood, and if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there.
-Dana Gould

The key is to hit really hard.
With the bat.
-Marco, Sealab 2021
Old 03-04-2005, 03:19 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Montana Moron

or a southern gospel source.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."----Field Marshall Erwin Rommel

slow, stupid, and harmless
Mordkessel^(WCFD)^
Old 03-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Revolutionary

KILLIGULA is offline Send a message via AIM to KILLIGULA

Damn I thought the title said HYMANS...
Old 03-04-2005, 09:33 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Diggin' it!

Hkan is offline Send a message via MSN to Hkan

Killigula... thats nothing. I actually read it as Hymens

Old 03-04-2005, 10:21 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Titty Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murtle
I'm sorry that you haven't been able to find a good midi. Good midis seem difficult to find in the first place, but you're probably looking for a version of the song that you aren't going to find. Being a traditional hymn, it's power tends to come more from the voices of the choir singing, and the grace with which the organ is played, as opposed to anything else. Christians in a more subdued, liturgical worship setting find this kind of music beautiful and uplifting.

i've never had this much trouble finding a good midi in my entire life. as per the individual hymn, i need the melody sans words and organ as tha national anthem of some fictional story i'm writing. i can't remember parts of the particular song. hense the need to find it. i could probably compose my own midi of it if i had the right facilities, but i don't.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Nyan Cat

Maybe instead of looking for Christian hymns, you could consider looking for Soviet-era Russian choral music. That might have the power that you are seeking.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:13 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Titty Monster

i was kina looking for "Onward Christian Soldiers. remember, i just want the melody to put words to... but i'll give it a shot. got any suggestions for it?

Old 03-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Rick James' Bitch

MeliKoritsi is offline Send a message via AIM to MeliKoritsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechman
I never though onward christian soldiers was a very good hymn. Try the battle hymn of the republic.
I was going to suggest that... That's a pretty rousing hymn.
"Before you criticize those around you, try walking a mile in their shoes. Or any shoes for that matter, you filthy hilbilly!" "In the harsh light of day, your plans seem crude and childish, making it all the more obvious that you need a good planning lamp." Qapla'
Old 03-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Man from 2525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechman
I was going to say that untilI found out he was bitching about something specific.