Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-26-2017, 07:29 PM   #4891   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Re: What are you playing?

Oh no!
Sorry about that.
I hope you get to play soon.
Let me know still, as I am still interested, even though its crashing right now.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #4892   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

It suddenly magically started working again after trying a few more times. *shrug*

Having a lot of fun solo-ing through this, but of course it's more fun with friends.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 10-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #4893   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Every game always is, isnt it?
I used to solo games all the time, from the 90's on.
Until my buddy wanted to play with me and his dad, and get a little social group playing coop.
Well, now I find it hard to play a game w/o other people playing, as its too much fun when someone is saying funny things, or cursing the enemy, or whatever.
It just 'seems' so much more interactive with other people.
Even games I dont really like playing seem fun with other people.

Edit:
BTW, would you like to be the first to write a review on Seriously! ?
This would be a perfect game for a review.

http://forums.seriouszone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=430

Last edited by Dave3d; 10-27-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:01 AM   #4894   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Perhaps, but I'd rather share small snippets of the game in threads like this. People can take my opinion about a game from that, too. I'm not really known to write good reviews

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 10-28-2017, 06:09 AM   #4895   Add To Ignore List  
mfw holidays

Finally completed the complete experience of The Witcher 3. With expansions (got good endings on the first try!) and all the sidequests.

God damn this game is still beyond fantastic... but still not better than MGS3.

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 10-28-2017, 06:24 PM   #4896   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I'm balls deep into The Witcher 3 right now as well. I'm nearly 60 hours in, doing the side quests and contracts until they outlevel the lowest main quest, do that and then the cycle begins anew. Not doing treasure hunts unless it's for Witcher gear or I stumble upon it. I think I'm about 60-70% in the base game and still have both DLCs to look forward to. Up to now I think the game is fucking amazing. The amount of work, love and dedication that went into this piece of art is just stunning.

Edit: If there's something negative to be said it's that the engine can be a piece of shit. I've had a ton of crashing issues in the first twenty hours and the game still crashes occasionally when loading a save. If you fast travel or load often those narrated loading movies are repetitive and get on my nerves. Finding quest starting locations can be hard and finding out a certain quest disables other quests is just rude. That's about it.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)

Last edited by Discy; 10-28-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #4897   Add To Ignore List  
mfw holidays

Glad you're enjoying it! It holds up after numerous playthroughs too.

Don't hurry it though, take your time and soak it all in.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:36 AM   #4898   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Still Dooming like crazy during downtime. With all of the content that has been created since my hiatus, I think that I'll be playing forever.

I picked up Duke 3D World Tour on sale and played through the first two maps for a stupid amount of hours just admiring the new ambient lighting that has been added. I've already mentioned this to several people but that kind of lighting does wonders for 2.5D shooters. The Doomsday source port has similar lighting and it looks amazing to me. Makes the games very comfy but unfortunately it causes performance dips on my machine.

I have Postal Redux sitting in my cart. Also Postal 2 and the most recent expansion since I don't feel like finding my copy of Postal 2. Picked up West of Loathing a week ago as well but haven't gotten too far. I'm biting off more than I can chew again but for some reason, I really wanna play all of these games right now.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #4899   Add To Ignore List  
mfw holidays

Got Manhunt on the sale.

It's really good, and holy shit, the executions are absolutely over-the-top brutal.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:18 PM   #4900   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
It suddenly magically started working again after trying a few more times. *shrug*

Having a lot of fun solo-ing through this, but of course it's more fun with friends.
Is it worth $30 to play?
I am trying to save my money for Metro Exodus (THE only game I am looking forward to really), but if its worth $30 then I will try it.
I heard the 1st part was good, but that it went downhill pretty fast.
So, I am on the fence about getting it at even $30.
Old Today, 08:05 PM   #4901   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I kind of forgot that I had Bogus Detour installed so I started playing that again and it is surprisingly a lot of fun. I think that the developers did a pretty good job with it. I'd say that it's my favorite of the indie Sam games so far and that's only about 30 minutes into it. I'm also not normally into pixel art and basic indie graphics but I like what I see in this game. There's something especially awesome about this screen:

https://www.gamespace.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/sam1-1024x576.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what I like about it or what it's supposed to be depicting other than maybe an Orc looking at a map of Earth but I really like it. My only major complaint is the save point system. This is the kind of game that I want to play in quick bursts and not being able to save on quit is a massive letdown. I get that the save system keeps the game challenging since it avoids save scumming but that should really be up to the player. I don't want to abuse saves but I also don't want to spend 20+ minutes progressing through an area only to have to jet and then lose all of my progress.