Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2003, 02:05 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Thumbs up Playing FE in SE is a exhilirating Experience.

I finally managed to play FE in SE engine.

Here's the good part: So far I copied the FE levels in SE levels and saved them and the Intro cut scene into the SE level folder. I made copies in both the actual Level folder in SE and also in the Mp Folder for safety. At the moment I am not sure from where it is loading but it works. I opened all the FE levels in the SE serious Engine and saved it. I placed all the demo cut scenes of FE in SE demo folders and they open fine at the game start too. They are beautiful to look at. I always thought that the FE had the best looking and designed levels that are exhilirating to look at. They look more breath taking now and the best part is You get to play the reworked and high textured enemies of SE over here. It makes it more exciting. The increased blurriness of the horizon objects in the FE can be seen more clearly in SE now.

Now here's the problem part: I placed the Gro files in the main folder where the SE Gro files are. Yet the back ground score doesntplay when playing. What should I do to make it work. The files are placed in the root directory with the SE Gro files. Although I must say the ambience without the background track is great. It heightens the echoes of the enemy sounds and is quite freaky and scary at places. Especially when You hear the headless Kamikaze's screams echoing all around You.

There are some questions that need sorting out. Also the game starts at Hatsephut in the co-operative/ split screen mode, but not in the Single player mode yet. Will playing it out in the remaining two modes make it register in the Single player mode as well? Also will playing out the training daytime level of Karnak activate the overall mental mode in the Single player mode? I dont want to spend so much time to make it work only to find out I can only play this game in a co-operative/split screen mode.

Finally I want to know how I can bring in the SE weapons in FE. Hoe do I Import the SE sniper, flamethrower etc. in FE levels. How can one do it in Serious Engine. And will those weapons need to be programmed or will they work fine by just bringing them in? I am a concept artist and game visualiser professionally. Since I am not a programmer this areas will be problemetic for me.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:07 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

I hope someone can help with introducing the new SE weapons in the FE levels. Can I have detailed instructions from someone knowleadgeable over here?
Old 04-10-2003, 04:43 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

you can do it with coding, it's not that hard.
cut and paste here...
cut and paste there...
fix a few little thingies...
you can even do the enemies too.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:12 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

you are aware that this is illegal right?
Old 04-10-2003, 06:37 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Its not like I am planning to change the way both the games work and sell it commercially [hmmmmmmm not a bad idea?]. But seriously speaking, it would be fun to be able to play a non stop Serious Sam game which combines the best of both that these two can offer and have a lot of fun at home no? Instead of releasing a Gold edition with the addition of just one Dark Island level, It would have been better if they had re worked the first game a bit, by increasing the enemies and also handing out the new weapons and powerups of the second one. That would have been much more worth spending all over again.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:03 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman--

Why should it be Louva?
If he owns both games and doesn't give any of the contents to anyone else, there shouldn't be a problem with it, right?

--------------------------
My Page!
Old 04-10-2003, 09:43 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

You need coding and I donŽt know anything about coding.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:53 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

have you ever read the license agreements for either game?
Old 04-11-2003, 02:30 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Yes, the agreements do say you are not permitted to do this. However, this agreement is pretty much the same as all software license agreements and you can undoubtedly do this without the authorities knocking on your door as long as it's for your own personal use and maybe for a few friends. You'd have to prosecute about a billion people to truly enforce these software license agreements. The fact is, these violations are too trivial to worry about, like jaywalking.

Don't get me wrong. I don't support any type of pirating. But even though this particular agreement doesn't allow copying, I feel I have the right to make a TRUE backup copy of the games. Because a CD's surface is plastic, it's still pretty susceptible to damage. Wouldn't glass CD's be interesting? Although dropping or bending one of those could be fatal!

I realize I'm a little off the original topic but there's no stopping me now!

Some other software license agreements DO allow one backup copy to be made. Take2 and I'm sure others are a bit extreme with their agreements in that they consider the original discs your backups once the games are installed on your system. I for one don't consider them backups if you still need to insert them in the drive to play the game. A backup should be tucked away safe for emergency use.
To me, these agreements are just an attempt by the software companies to maximize sales. Not to enforce what's morally right.

Just my two, er....... fifty cents.

Last edited by nchw68; 04-11-2003 at 02:44 AM.