Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2004, 06:22 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Thumbs up Tricks & shortcuts to playing TFE & TSE. How many of you dig playing the Mental Mode?

I have played both the FSE and the TSE dozens of times now. I played TFE in easy mode, Normal, than Hard mode, then Serious Mode and finally Mental Mode. I played TSE only in Serious and Mental modes. I discovered Mental Mode first in TSE when I pleyd the serious mode directly. It was then that I discovered the mental mdoe and it was after playing TSE that I got around to playing TFE in both the serious and mental modes. I have since played in Serious and mental modes of both games a dozen times.

After playing both the versions so many times, I have discovered a lot of different ways of playing the game and winning with optimum use of firearms and minimum damage.

Lets discuss these shortcuts and alternative strategies here. I am sure I am not the only one here, who has found novel ways of getting out of trouble. I will share my expreiences when I have sufficient time at office to kill.

The rest of you can start sharing now. Anyone who has any problems in getting out of certain situations in the game can put forward their problems and we can hopefully provide a solution to the same.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:00 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

So how many of you have played the mental mode?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:14 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

I have played it on both TFE and TSE.

But... why the enemies damage like in Hard mode not in Serious?

I think in Mental mode, the Kamikazes are very hard... you can't see them very well...
Old 12-29-2004, 05:19 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

When you win Mental Mode, in the statistics it says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NETRICSA
"YOU HAVE MASTERED THE GAME"
Old 12-31-2004, 03:42 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

I have started playing SS: TSE encounter at 500% enemy strength after turning the respawn option off. Lets see where I will be owned. i have a feeling I will not make it past the City Of Gods last bouncing room. Valley Of The Jaguar I am not worried about. I am more worried about The Pit and City Of Gods.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:46 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Ok! How many of you are aware that you can fight the first wave of attack at the end of Courtyards of Gilgemish without having to step out of the final yard? Just a few things you get to learn when you replay the game a dozen times. All you have to do is step out to some distance and 'trigger' the attack and backstep in the door before it closes. Then periodically keep opening the door and blasting the whole first wave of kleers with minimum ammo loss. Torching them while they all get stuck in the half open doorway is a lot of fun!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:46 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Old 12-31-2004, 04:05 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Raindrops and roses

Vikas, while your enthusiasm is wonderful, there is an edit button that you need to start using whenever you want to post a second post immediately following one of your own posts. This is especially the case if you have another post to add that consists solely of smilies--that too needs to be edited into a previous post. Please start using the edit button. Thank you.
"To do evil is like sport to a fool, But a man of understanding has wisdom." - Proverbs 10:23
Old 12-31-2004, 07:43 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
λ

Shrinker is offline Send a message via ICQ to Shrinker Send a message via AIM to Shrinker Send a message via MSN to Shrinker

Vikas, posting smiley-only replies is considered spam.
   Arrival Mix | Tree of Life

Old 12-31-2004, 08:33 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
muppet chef of doom

Spo_On is offline Send a message via MSN to Spo_On

I was just wondering if it would be possible not to die on the air elemental boss on mental mode. There is so many bulls flying around. You'd need eyes in the back of your head at least.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:57 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spo_On
I was just wondering if it would be possible not to die on the air elemental boss on mental mode. There is so many bulls flying around. You'd need eyes in the back of your head at least.
I have played that in mental mode. It is fun. On replaying I found out that when a player is flung in the air, It is possible to land where the red fireball hurling red bastiches are standing way up the walls on the ledges. Get there, frag em' and then stand up there to take out the most enemies waiting and running down on the ground for you. The Windgod will blow you away again but if you can get on top, you can cause quite a lot of damage to favour u.

Also in the pit where the bio mechanoids ambush you in a courtyard of steps, you can actually rocket jump above and climb behind one of the house pillars and ambush the mechanoids in the centrering instead of the other way round....

In Metropolis the greatest fun when you have crossed the spikes is whan you can rocket jump back again and watch the fun of seeing werebulls plunge and impale into the spikes at their own doom!