Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #4591   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Default Re: What are you playing?

I actually played it for 3 hours, myself.. And Skyrim 6 hours :O

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 11-23-2016, 02:24 PM   #4592   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I spent a grand total of one hour playing Fallout 4 because Bethesda is a lying sack of shit. I met the minimum requirements yet it ran 10-20 fps on outside areas. Last time I'm buying a fucking Bethesda game for more than €10.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 11-23-2016, 03:08 PM   #4593   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

F4 just doesn't run on my OS yet.
i.e. "the technology just isn't there yet"
Old 11-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #4594   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

At least you weren't being lied to. Knowingly stating false minimum sys reqs to massage sales should have corporal punishment. Public lynching.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:37 PM   #4595   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

FWIW, I had exactly that when I bought skyrim. Made especially painful by the fact that the game used to render shadows on the CPU (not all, just a certain kind of (mostly interior) shadows) for quite a while, until it was patched to do so on the GPU.
Not sure if I should keep on elaborating, though. It seems I have a tendency to produce uncalled for walls of text...
Old 11-23-2016, 11:00 PM   #4596   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Ugg, thanks.
Love Elder Scrolls Online, hate Skyrim.
Was thinking about asking the wife for F4, but if it is that bad then no way, not gunna.
Thanks for saving her $19
Old 11-24-2016, 03:07 AM   #4597   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by librin.so.1 View Post
FWIW, I had exactly that when I bought skyrim. Made especially painful by the fact that the game used to render shadows on the CPU (not all, just a certain kind of (mostly interior) shadows) for quite a while, until it was patched to do so on the GPU.
Not sure if I should keep on elaborating, though. It seems I have a tendency to produce uncalled for walls of text...
I thought your precious superior Unix could run anything, man. I am disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
Ugg, thanks.
Was thinking about asking the wife for F4, but if it is that bad then no way, not gunna.
Besides terrible engine optimization, I hear the whole settlement building caused the game to be simplified in other (important) aspects. Forget having five different ways to approach every quest regarding your karma and SPECIAL.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:10 AM   #4598   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Well, back then when Skyrim came out, I still used Windows some 30% of the time.
And I ran skyrim on Win7 at first.
I did run it under Leenuks some time later, but t'was "okay, I'm bored.", so it didn't last long. Some around 1 hour kind of "not long".
Old 11-24-2016, 08:23 AM   #4599   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
Ugg, thanks.
I'm not sure if I'd say that it's bad yet. Since my last post, I started playing it like it's Fallout 3/New Vegas, ignoring all the crafting and settlement garbage. However I am getting absolutely demolished by everything that moves because my guns suck and I am almost out of ammo. I don't think that I can blame the introduction of crafting for my lousy playing though. I just need to get like halfway through the game then restart once I know what I'm doing.

I still think that the game looks beautiful but if there was another modern adventure game with a dog companion, I'd drop Fallout 4 in a heartbeat to play it instead. Dogmeat is the main reason that I'm sticking it out and apart from dying every time I run into anything tougher than a radroach, the game is fairly fun.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:09 AM   #4600   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
but t'was "okay, I'm bored.", so it didn't last long.
That's something NoMercy Rider would hear a lot of.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #4601   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Zing

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 11-24-2016, 09:28 PM   #4602   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:

Besides terrible engine optimization, I hear the whole settlement building caused the game to be simplified in other (important) aspects. Forget having five different ways to approach every quest regarding your karma and SPECIAL.
Well, I really dislike hardcore rpg's, and barely tolerate a little rpg in my fps games.
Its sounds like they added tone more to manage, plus crafting (which it already had, but you didnt HAVE to use it), and micromanaging everything isnt my bag.
I didnt like 1 or 2, but liked 3 (along with having a hax to get rid of the stupid carry limit), but 4 just sounds so not my type of game. Skyrim was so not my type of game.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:47 PM   #4603   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
Well, I really dislike hardcore rpg's, and barely tolerate a little rpg in my fps games.
Its sounds like they added tone more to manage, plus crafting (which it already had, but you didnt HAVE to use it), and micromanaging everything isnt my bag.
I didnt like 1 or 2, but liked 3 (along with having a hax to get rid of the stupid carry limit), but 4 just sounds so not my type of game. Skyrim was so not my type of game.
What didn't you like about Skyrim? I never got into it myself but that's because I never gave it a chance. Also I'd say that Fallout was always more of an RPG than an FPS with RPG elements. I don't even think that 3 had iron sights.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:50 AM   #4604   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
I was actually talking about Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Most of the quest have multiple ways to progress, either by following a standard path or using one of your skills (speech, intimidation, bribery, theft, murder) to do so. Also a lot of quests have choices. Because Fallout 4 added the whole settlement micromanaging gameplay, U heard the quests are linear (like The Elder Scrolls).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorchop View Post
What didn't you like about Skyrim? I never got into it myself but that's because I never gave it a chance. Also I'd say that Fallout was always more of an RPG than an FPS with RPG elements. I don't even think that 3 had iron sights.
The most apt description of Skyrim I've heard is it's a mile wide but an inch deep. I think it's a great game if you're bored and want the ultimate sandbox experience just dicking about, but mostly I prefer a game with a more focused narrative. I usually have no replay value after playing a whole Elder Scrolls game, yet the multiple quest approaches in Fallout keep me coming back.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:32 PM   #4605   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I abandoned Skyrim multi times...but it look awesome to play I think my mood just too tired...
Old 11-26-2016, 06:59 PM   #4606   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

I tried picking up Skyrim with the special edition release again...they made it super convenient to install mods for sure, you can install them right from the ingame menu and they work immediately (and you have lists for favorites and stuff), so far it's the best way I've seen to implement custom mods, 5/5. Would prolly enjoy it but getting back to the point where I left off on a new character is just bleugh so many hours of gameplay.

Also in other news, started moving some games to my SSD to make use of it and holy hell. It's like they were running on tar before. Overwatch and FFXIV, I load into maps and instances within seconds, the largest most populated zones in FFXIV previously took up to a minute to load and now it's less than ten seconds. And they feel so much smoother too, I didn't think hard drives would cause that kind of lag but it's like my framerate feels better also, all that tiny skipping and stuttering is gone. May have to invest in a bigger SSD to accommodate everything cause I don't really feel like going back to a 5400 rpm HDD for new games
Old 11-26-2016, 08:24 PM   #4607   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I play Mafia II.,...very slow, cruel story , back stabbing, jealous over the money, thugs life, I hate these people
Old 11-26-2016, 09:36 PM   #4608   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
5400 rpm HDD
Here's Your problem right there.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:07 AM   #4609   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I helped build a family member a new PC just yesterday. I threw in an SSD and I share your sentiments about it being mind blowingly fast. I think that it takes maybe 5 to 10 seconds to go from off to desktop. I can only imagine how great gaming would be, especially given these 5 hour load times in Fallout 4 every time I open a door to a new location. Maybe some day, I'll get an SSD for my own PC but replacing my fried video card recently hurt my wallet too much. Maybe I'm too old and too slow for that kind of speed anyway.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:52 AM   #4610   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Here's Your problem right there.
Well i mean he did mention that it was a problem
Old 11-27-2016, 07:31 AM   #4611   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I wonder how much faster my games would load on an SSD instead of a 7200 RPM drive. What's the lifespan of these bad boys nowadays?

Old 11-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #4612   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
I wonder how much faster my games would load on an SSD instead of a 7200 RPM drive. What's the lifespan of these bad boys nowadays?
I've owned an SSD which I used from 2012 through 2015 (it died in a laptop that kills every drive that enters it [too high voltage or something? it's really weird]), and in my desktop is an SSD that I've had since 2013 and that still works great. Haven't done any performance tests or health checks or anything but nothing is really slow on that drive.

(Standard Samsung 320 GB SSD)

Old 11-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #4613   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

SSD is awesome. Very fast for video edit and make DVD very very fast SSD like 10 seconds to build DVD and HDD would take 20 minutes no jokes.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #4614   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezilla View Post
SSD is awesome. Very fast for video edit and make DVD very very fast SSD like 10 seconds to build DVD and HDD would take 20 minutes no jokes.
lemme guess, Sony Vegas?
For some weird and probably silly reason it just thrashes on I/O
What a shitty piece of pajeet-tier kvaltee sofvir

P.S. already had one SSD just die on me w/ sudden severe data corruption. Good thing it was still on warranty so I got it replaced.
P.P.S. A high-density, high-RPM hard drive can be quite damn blazing fast.

Last edited by librin.so.1; 11-27-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:41 PM   #4615   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Quote:
lemme guess, Sony Vegas?
For some weird and probably silly reason it just thrashes on I/O
What a shitty piece of pajeet-tier kvaltee sofvir

P.S. already had one SSD just die on me w/ sudden severe data corruption. Good thing it was still on warranty so I got it replaced.
P.P.S. A high-density, high-RPM hard drive can be quite damn blazing fast.
What else am I gonna use; Final Cut Pro?
Old 11-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #4616   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

I mean, Premiere Pro is great

Old 11-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #4617   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
I mean, Premiere Pro is great
But are there features that'd make me go "I'd never have to use Vegas Pro again!"?
Old 11-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #4618   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Sure, once you get over the learning curve

I used to use Vegas for stuff, and if you're serious about making videos, it's not that great of a tool..

Old 11-27-2016, 09:19 PM   #4619   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

ffmpeg and two screenfulls worth of "complex filtergraph" textual commands to produce all that advanced video editing stuff.

That's what I do. But half a screen worth of filtergraph commands was the most I needed to use at any single occasion so IDK. And yes, this means I edit videos in command line... unironically. Sure, all those fancy WYSIWYG tools are a nice thing but that just doesn't cut it for me...
Old 11-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #4620   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Playing Winning Putt golf (f2p), Minecraft, and Insurgency (still 80%!! Get it now if you ever wanted the game).