Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #4711   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Default Re: What are you playing?

It is to me. Hard to remember all that stuff.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #4712   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
It's not that difficult, actually.
The hardest part is always finding the Classic Doom secret levers.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #4713   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

i remember on Wolf 3D spending hours pressing the enter key on every damn wall on the level lol but that's when i was younger lol. But now I pretty much know most of the secrets. And also on Doom, Heretic and all...

All i get OCD on for Doom is Secrets, Items, and exploring every single thing in the level even if it involves backtracking for at least 1 hour to find a missed secret...
Old 02-20-2017, 10:01 AM   #4714   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

I've really been trying my darndest to beat Wolf3D on Normal lately, but it's really harder than I thought. Might have something to do with pretty much all enemies being hitscan.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #4715   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

The little free time for gaming I've had the last months is spent playing Planescape: Torment. I read about it being the ancestor of modern RPGs, and after buying it on GOG.com, applying a bunch of community fixes and patches I must say I'm really impressed.

The game itself is almost 20 years old, so it utilizes text as the primary means of communication. Hell, the game is very verbose, and I don't think you can get through the first two hours if you don't like reading. But if you can get past that the game is incredibly well-written and thought-provoking, and I'm really immersed and having a great time. Also, the amount of combat that's required is incredibly low so if you distribute your stats well and read carefully you can talk your way out of most situations. You can still choose to kill anything, but that will have consequences.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 02-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #4716   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Started playing CrossCode which I got in a sale a few months ago. (I need to play more games lol ) Anyway, it's very fun so far.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 02-22-2017, 06:16 AM   #4717   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Night in the Woods came out yesterday. It's good. Go play it.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 02-22-2017, 07:32 AM   #4718   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

*Googles "Night in the Woods"*

"It is an exploration game focused primarily on story in which players control a cat named Mae, who recently dropped out of college and has returned to her hometown to find unexpected change."

Mmmm nah.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #4719   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

It looks good but I got burnt out on the 2D too deep for me indie platformer thing years ago. I didn't really care too much for Limbo, which was the latest buzz at the time. What exactly is the point of the game other than stabbing your friend's paw and playing a guitar hero minigame? I really like the art direction but buying a game because it looks nice has never ended up well for me.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #4720   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

So I finally completed my playthrough of all titles in Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD Remix Final Chapter Prologue on the PS4 (not Pro). Just like the last time, I'll do a sort of fanboy's review of it, and I'll compare to the first pack. So just to start, these were my opinions about the 1.5 HD Remix and 2.5 HD Remix: http://forums.seriouszone.com/showpo...postcount=3341

Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD Remix Final Chapter Prologue & Knuckles featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series also contains two games and a "movie", just like the first. With this, ALL games in the series are available on a single console, with all the extra, Japanese-only content finally released in English.
Well, almost ALL games. There's a sort of misunderstanding here, but about that later.

So let's see what we got:

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD

Pro:

- Finally available on a console I have, yay!
- HD resolution, and I think Anti-Aliasing and such added, which is great, even though the game still looks old, because it is old.
- 60 FPS! Holy shit, the gameplay is buttery smooth! I never realized how much 30 FPS really muddled the awesome gameplay of the previous games! Man, I can never play the other games again for sure.
- Can't really say if the music was remastered, because hearing them for the first time

Contra:

- I feel like the game is a little short to be a "main title", like KH1 and 2, but I guess this was the only "long game" still remaining that needed a HD version.
- Just like in BBS, there are NO CROWDS WHATSOEVER! OHEY LOOK! QUASIMODO IS OUT DURING THE FESTIVAL! TOO BAD THERE ARE NOBODY BUT HIM ON THAT SUPPOSED FESTIVAL! GEEEZ! I hope KH3 fixes this.

Overall:

Really glad that they actually remade this game from 3DS, as the other DS games were just "movies". With this, I finally played "ALL" Kingdom Hearts games.

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep ~A Fragmentary Passage~

Pro:

- This game is basically a tech-test of Kingdom Hearts 3, and HOLY SHIT it looks good!
- They pretty much took the BEST parts of combat of the previous games. You got KH2 controls and situational commands, BBS-like Command Styles and Shotlocks, and DDD-like Flowmotion at parts, with some new elements. The combat feels smoother and faster than ever!
- Explains some story that... weren't really needed explaining, but not bad.

Contra:

- Too short, but again, this is kinda like a tech test.
- Slowdown galore on a non-PRO PS4.

Overall:

A glimpse into what KH3 will be, and so far, it seems really promising!

Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover

This is the "movie" of this pack, and I was like "cool, I don't have to play that weird phone game". Except... it's not an adaptation of it. It is a "companion piece" that explains some of the story from the viewpoint of some of these "masters", instead of showing the ACTUAL STORY that the players of the phone game experience. Thanks to this, the story feels disjointed, boring, and besides a few explanations, it just adds to the confusion that is the KH storyline.

It is also shorter than the other "movies", and from all three, this one seems to be the most disappointing. It is basically an unneeded addition to the series. Better skip this.

---

And that's it. I still think, these HD remakes are the best ways to experience the KH series, and with the 1.5 and 2.5 HD remakes soon released for PS4 as well, all games and "all" stories will be available to enjoy on a single console, instead of being spread out on 4 different consoles (at least).

And considering the ending of KH0.2, there is nothing more left, just Kingdom Hearts 3. No more spinoffs and no more remakes. Just the final one.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #4721   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
- Slowdown galore on a non-PRO PS4.
If that's going to be a common thing it's a pretty disgusting development. You buy a console with the expectation that you are able to play all games released for it at the target fps (sadly 60 fps is still not the standard), but anything below 30 fps for extended periods is just unacceptable. If you want to make games prettier and higher resolution for your PS4 Pro, fine, but us non Pro peasants should still be able to enjoy games normally.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #4722   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I agree. This is akin to stabbing your most precious customers in the back. The standard PS4 should be the target platform. They can add enhancements for the Pro but games shouldn't be gimped when played on the original PS4. I hope that this doesn't become the trend as I hadn't planned on upgrading my PC in the future and I'm sick of 30 fps with frames dropping like hot cakes on top of that.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:08 PM   #4723   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Agreed. Or developers could add graphics options to their titles.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #4724   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Agreed.
PC ports should be more than 60 fps and not a crappy port.
Oh, what were you guys talking about?
Old 02-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #4725   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I knew this was going to be inevitable as soon as the PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio were announced. I mean, we can all assume that it won't be a 1:1 experience between the "older" generation and "newer" generation of hardware, since it is simply more powerful. But developers should at least try to optimize for both hardware platforms, even if it means decreasing resolution, texture size, etc etc to maintain a smooth framerate on the older PS4 model. Sounds like they just took the lazy approach and are okay with older PS4 owners taking a performance hit.

Anyway... I'm still playing Stardew Valley... I don't know if the addiction will ever end... end... end... end... end.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:39 AM   #4726   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

The hilarious thing is, that if you own a PS4 PRO, the games actually run SLOWER than on the regular one, at least currently, because of messed-up, one-sided optimization of games to a single platform. The new PS4 firmware that was released probably this week (or is it coming next week?) adds a new "Boost Mode" that -may- make the PRO run the games faster as intended.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:13 PM   #4727   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

I'm just amazed Uncharted 4 looks as good as it is on just a regular PS4 while running butter smooth. Best looking game I've played to date. Goes to show graphics goodness is about more than just having the best possible hardware.

Probably nearing the end of it since I got around to playing it again and the game just seems to get prettier towards the end. Those free boating sections around the islands man
Old 03-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #4728   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepery View Post
Hi!!! Today I`m playing WOW. Just for good memories being a little boy!!!
Hi, welcome to the forums.

Also, what's there to do in WoW nowadays?
Old 03-04-2017, 04:07 AM   #4729   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

That person might be a bot, but there's a lot to do in WoW nowadays, as the current expansion got probably the most content out of all of them, and the devs are releasing content patches the moment you run out of things to do.

In the previous expansion, by now I was just only logging in to do the garrison chores, but in this one, I still have a lot to do.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #4730   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Finally, after months of preparing and waiting, I'm ready to start my ULTIMATE TERRARIA PLAYTHROUGH! Most likely my final Terraria playthrough.

I played through Terraria every time there was a major update, only once I played semi-modded with an adventure map.

But now, I'm gonna play Terraria 1.3.4.4 with the LARGEST mods installed (that each alone can easily double the content of the game), in EXPERT mode!

Along with this, I have generated a special world, using the program TerraCustom. This world is a Large world, which includes both Corruption and Crimson biomes!

Large Content Mods used:

Thorium Mod (1200 items, 80 enemies , 9 town NPCs, 10 bosses, new biome: Aquatic Depths, new class: Healer)
Tremor Remastered (around 1500 items, around 200 new enemies, 13 town NPCs, 16 bosses, 2 invasions, new biome: Glacier, new post-Moonlord mode: Tremode, new class: Alchemist, Hunger Mechanic; can be switched off in inventory)
Calamity Mod (550+ items, 110+ enemies, 15 bosses, new biome: Crag, Expert mode improvements, called as the "Dark Souls of Terraria" because of the difficult bosses)
Spirit Mod (527 items, 57 enemies, 3 town NPCs, 7 bosses, 1 invasions, new biome: Spirit)

Smaller Content Mods used:

Solutions Mod (adds new clentaminator solutions)
Grealm + BaseMod (many items, many enemies, at least 2 town NPCs, 1 boss, not enough info in its thread)
Zocklukas' Mod (47 items, 1 town NPC)
Legend of Terraria 3 (220+ items, 150+ enemies)
Crystilium (92 items, 8 enemies, 1 boss, new biome: Crystal)
Mod of Randomness (122 items, 40 enemies, 2 town NPCs, 5 bosses)
Fishing 2.0 (more fishing crates)

Utility and Content Mods to help me deal with all this:

MaxStackPlus (larger item stacks)
MoreAccesories+ (one more accessory slot giving item)
Boss Checklist (list that shows all the bosses to defeat in order, not all mods supported)
AutoTrash (auto trash certain items that you set)
Fargo's Mutant Mod (adds a NPC that sells boss summon items after they have been defeated)
Item Checklist (same with the boss checklist, but all items)
ExperienceAndClasses (a leveling system to make me stronger)
The Luggage (a chest pet from Discworld that picks up loot)
Yet Another Boss Health Bar
Recipe Browser

Also this document that I penned up about Boss Progression (wip): https://www.dropbox.com/s/oant2k3u40...Order.odt?dl=0

Mods that helped in world generation:

WorldGenPreviewer

All of this is enabled with the tModLoader program, which also got a Mod Browser, where you can find all these mods and easily update them. Though it is unstable and sometimes doesn't show any mods.

With all these mods, this is what my Terraria got:

Around 8700 items (originally around 3800)
Around 800 enemies (originally around 350)
Around 56 Town NPCs (originally 25)
71 Bosses (originally 16)
32 Biomes (originally 27)

Also, you need around 5GB RAM to play all this.

This game will take my Night Gaming Slot for quite a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In my Weekend Gaming Slot, I finally started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. So far it's pretty much the first game, just different locations and less QTEs.

Last edited by Solais; 03-14-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #4731   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

That just makes me not want to play it again.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #4732   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I never understood Terraria. It always looked like a 2D Minecraft to me. In fact I remember it being released when Minecraft was really picking up steam, which seemed a little weird to me.

I decided to try The Witness since it was on sale. I can't help but compare it to The Talos Principle and to me, it feels worse in every way. The story is hidden on tiny flash drives that are almost impossible to find, and so far it just consists of quotes. The puzzles are tedious and they aren't rewarding. A lot of them are based on memorization and require a photographic memory. It's not enough to just solve the logic. I feel like I'm taking a standardized test while playing. The developers should have paid me to solve these puzzles.

The Talos Principle was so much more enjoyable. It looked much better, the story was fantastic, and the music was enjoyable. I was glued to the game but I'm almost forcing myself to play The Witness while hoping for some semblance of a reward or a story that consists of more than just Jon Blow trying to showing us how well read he is.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #4733   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Terraria is fun in its own way. It feels more polished than Minecraft and has more of a story.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:07 AM   #4734   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

As far as I'm concerned, it's waaaaaay more fun than Minecraft. Mostly because you actually got goals and progression. And better game mechanics.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #4735   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I finally finished Planescape: Torment. My final verdict is that it's an awesome game, and should pretty much be the gold standard in story, progression, theme, character development and exposition for games in general. If you can stomach a lot of reading in your games, you should definitely try it.

It does have some flaws. The game is awful in not giving you any information which items are safe to sell or discard. Eventually you will run into the problem of being constantly overburdened because you want to be safe, you will have sold/discarded an item that was needed later in the game or you'll have to search an item on the internet and risk reading a story spoiler. I could have gone with a label "safe to sell" to prevent a headache. Secondly, after you use
the portal key and go to Ravel's maze
you won't go back to the areas you visited for a long time. The game does tell you this and warns you to finish any business you might have, but it forgot to mention that you also won't be finding any merchant for a goddamn long ass time. So if you just happened to be low on healing items (or like me, underestimated the amount of healing items you'd need) you will be in for a bad time, especially if you rolled a non-combat character like I did. This is made worse by having three areas with either forced combat or where avoiding combat is incredibly frustrating and healing items rarely drop as loot. After that it's business as usual, but the end game area also has a few bullshit fighting areas where avoiding enemies isn't really an option. Still, despite that I really had a blast playing it and I'd heartily recommend it to anyone interested in a great story. "What can change the nature of a man?"

Old 03-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #4736   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

I'm curious how its new spiritual successor, Torment: Tides of Numenera compares to that. Never played the original Planescape Torment but did like old D&D rpgs, playing something of that style might be refreshing again.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #4737   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I was curious about that as well. It's made by basically the same team, but it's set in the Numenera campaign instead of the Planescape campaign. Also, it was my first attempt at a classic D&D campaign because I heard the story was sublime. I should try other ones as well, like Baldur's Gate.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #4738   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Well after more than 150 hours playing vanilla Stardew Valley on the Xbox, I've officially unlocked all achievements. Including a bitch of an achievement that only 0.03% of players have unlocked. Maybe it's time for me to finally move on, but SDV has been such a major part of my life these last three months. It will be hard to say goodbye. However, it won't be a permanent goodbye, I have a strong feeling I will be returning to the farm in a year.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #4739   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

which is that female dog of an achievement You mentioned?
Old 03-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #4740   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Well, it's a secret achievement, so just in case, it's
beating the arcade game, Journey of the Prairie King, without dying.
Finishing the game by itself is challenging enough, let alone finishing it with added criteria. Pretty much only squeezed it by getting really lucky on drops. Along with probably five hours of practice. Never want to do that again.