Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-14-2017, 04:10 PM   #4741   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Default Re: What are you playing?

oh yeah, that one's quite the b**** alright.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #4742   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Farmville for PC...
Old 03-14-2017, 07:49 PM   #4743   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
Farmville for PC...
Congrats, you have become an old man with too much free time

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 03-15-2017, 03:34 AM   #4744   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

either way, ✡jew Valley (read: StarJew Valley) is helluva addictive game, I can attest to that.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:58 AM   #4745   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
Farmville for PC...
Farmville was for PC you numbnut.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:05 AM   #4746   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

I haven't played it myself, but, wasn't farmwille a browser game and technically pretty much platform-independent?
Although, that would make it also a PC game, too
Old 03-15-2017, 05:21 AM   #4747   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Farmville was for PC you numbnut.
You're confusing browser game and standalone game

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 03-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #4748   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Comparing Stardew Valley to Farmville? What? Your horrible ignorance is showing If you want to make a comparison, compare it to Harvest Moon, which is the highest of compliments.

I had low expectations of SDV, because I thought it was just going to be a light farming game... boy was I wrong. I think the biggest reason I love this game is because it feels like a Euro engine-building board game, which I love. But Euro board games are notorious for ending as soon as you get a solid engine rolling. The beauty with SDV is that you get to keep going until you become a mega-millionaire farmer that gets the whole town intoxicated on Ancient Fruit Wine.

Dammit... must withhold the temptation to start a new game.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #4749   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Just start a new game. 150 hours is nothing for a game that you love. I put over 150 hours into BFE the day that it was released.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #4750   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorchop View Post
[...] I put over 150 hours into BFE the day that it was released.
Damn, that must've been one helluva long day
Old 03-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #4751   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Dang, didn't realize Poorchop was a Timelord. Must be nice, being able to squeeze everything you want into a single day. Sure would make balancing work, sleep, wife time, and game time much easier. As it is, I can only squeeze in about 1 hour each day for gaming
Old 03-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #4752   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I can teach you the secret of time dilation but it's going to come at a cost. For starters, quit your job and stop sleeping. I haven't slept in decades and it has completely ruined my life but now I have more time for Serious Sam, which is all that matters.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:48 PM   #4753   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

NieR. Died twice in the tutorial mission (before you have the ability to save). Pissed me off, but I kept going and I'm loving this game right now. Very intense.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:26 AM   #4754   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's still essentially the previous game completely, just a new setting. However, I did have somewhat less motivation to finish this than the first one.

I loved the previous one, so technically I should love this one, but something felt off. Maybe it just managed to cross that thin, invisible line when it comes to open world games; where the first one felt like a mostly linear game until the very end, Rise opened up much faster, and I feel it suffered because of it.

I guess it also bothered me how similar it was to the previous one. I hope that the next one, which is in development already won't make me feel the same way, but it will feel like an evolution compared to Rise and the one before.

----

Currently playing the Turok 2 remaster in my weekend gaming block, while still continuing my Ultimate Terraria Playthrough in my night gaming block. The latter is quite a pain at times.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #4755   Add To Ignore List  
Born to grill

Me too. I bought Turok 2 yesterday and I really like death animations and blood. Why it's still looking so cool?=D
Old 03-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #4756   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Picked up NieR for PC as well on impulse and it was a good buy, very refreshing looking game with smooth controls and fun exploration. Tells something about its draw that I was able to look past all the fps and graphics issues it had It's not a very well optimized PC port, barely any graphics settings had any effect on my fps apart from resolution and it has big drops in some scenes for no reason (talking about like, empty rooms), but I eventually managed to get it to playable fps at 1600x900 on my 960M GTX. Minimum specs for it should be a lot higher, I might as well have picked up the PS4 version instead I guess.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:17 PM   #4757   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I recently finished the main story of Yakuza 0 and it's unequivocally one of the best games that I've ever played. I wouldn't say that it's perfect but it comes damn close and it has a tremendous amount of content on top of being really enjoyable through and through.

I bought Yakuza 4 on a whim several years ago and after trying it way back in the day, I couldn't get into it. After giving it another shot a few months ago, I got really into it and now I'm a huge fan of the series. It's a shame that it doesn't get more recognition, which has resulted in several games in the series never seeing a release outside Japan.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:03 PM   #4758   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

That reminds me, I recently bought Yakuza 3 and 4 really cheap from a second hand bargain site a week ago. I was planning on playing them real good soon.

On-topic, I wrapped up my Just Cause 2 playthrough at last yesterday. I can make a more detailed writeup if anyone cares, but I'm planning on playing Prince of Persia 2008 and The Last Guardian next.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 04-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #4759   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Got a 20 card from my wife, and with what I had left in steam wallet got Flatout 4.
Its a decent arcade racing game, the tries very hard to be a Flatout 2 game.
I would say its better than Will Rock was like SS.
But, I would also wait for a discount, especially if you dont do MP like myself.
A GOOD entry in the FO series, but not as good as the previous ones, and has a few things lacking.
I would say a 7 out of 10.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #4760   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I've put in a few hours of Yooka-Laylee so far and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm still in the first world, so my impressions may change by the end of it, but I'm quite surprised at how poor the reception has been. Playtonic basically delivered on their promise: to make a faithful recreation of Banjo-Kazooie for modern times (including all the baggage). I think a lot of people expected this to be Banjo-Kazooie-like but with modern improvements. But the game was always intended to be a throwback to old platformers.

In a nutshell, your enjoyment of the game will hinge on the following: If you were a huge fan of BK and replay it every 1-5 years, chances are you will enjoy Yooka-Laylee. But if you want a platformer that has all the elements of a modern platformer, such as streamlined camera controls, tighter combat, and actually spoken dialogue (instead of text w/ sound effects), then you will probably find Yooka-Laylee frustrating.

I'm not saying the game isn't without faults, there is definitely room for improvement. For one, the major appeal of BK for me was the very original worlds. In YL, the worlds just don't feel quite as inspired (of course, I will wait until I see all of the worlds before passing final judgment). In some ways the camera is almost worse than the original BK games. At random times the camera decides to automatically switch to a random fixed location which makes all your controls flip around. I fully acknowledge my enjoyment of BK is slightly tainted with nostalgia and I don't see myself coming back to YL year after year.

A quick bullet point list of things:
  • The music is amazing and very reminiscent of Banjo-Kazooie.
  • I really like the new idea of expanding levels. It lets you get your feet wet in the world at first, and then expand it to find all the remaining collectibles. Part of me thinks this was a way to reduce the number of worlds to create, however.
  • The progression feels more similar to Banjo-Tooie or even Arkham Asylum. Instead of having all the abilities self-contained in the world, you may only have the tools to get 75% of the collectibles. Once you advance further into the game, you will finally learn the tools to go back and finish off the world.
  • The very first challenge I attempted was pretty frustrating. The first move you learn is a roll (similar to talon trot in Banjo-Kazooie), you use this move to race an NPC. However, unlike the talon trot, you are limited in its use by energy, which you must refill by collecting butterflies. Thing is, the butterflies move around and the hitbox is tiny. If you happen to miss one of these butterflies, you run out of energy and lose the race. I think it took me 10 tries before I finally won
Old 04-14-2017, 12:55 PM   #4761   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

I didn't pick it up just yet either, saw some very mixed reviews of it (claiming it lacks polish and being all over the place) so might wait a bit.

Just want a new Ape Escape god damn it.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:18 PM   #4762   Add To Ignore List  
mfw holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
Just want a new Ape Escape god damn it.
I just want more Snake vs Monkey!

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 04-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #4763   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I just want SS4.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #4764   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Finished the first ending of NieR. What happens then, I'll just say is pretty genius.

Still think it's a pretty good game, refreshing certainly. I'm still not sure if I can even judge it entirely yet.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:53 AM   #4765   Add To Ignore List  
mfw holidays

Thinking about picking up a hack n slash game, currently contemplating between Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta and Nier. What would you guys recommend?

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 04-15-2017, 07:10 AM   #4766   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Hey

I just bought Destroy all Humans and part 2 for PS4 huge discount. I also got dl uncharted 4 for PS4
Old 04-15-2017, 07:54 AM   #4767   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-ReXx View Post
Thinking about picking up a hack n slash game, currently contemplating between Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta and Nier. What would you guys recommend?
Metal Gear Rising, because that's a game for men.

Or just get Destroy All Humans for the PS4
Old 04-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #4768   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-ReXx View Post
Metull gear if you didn't play it yet, since it's more Metal Gear (continuing after MGS4). You'd undoubtedly have the most fun with that. As far as its combat goes, it's probably even a step above NieR's, I really liked it at least. Nothing like slicing stuff into literally thousands of pieces. And you can still stealth through some sections in a bawx.

Bayonetta is the most technical hack n slash with most combos and stuff to learn I believe, more of a Devil May Cry style game and least open of the three (I think).

NieR (Automata) is open exploration with really nice atmosphere. As a pure hack n slash I probably wouldn't rate it all that high, it has its moments and the manual pod shooting is cool, but it's more about the game world itself, it's pretty much an RPG as well. It's also a super weird game

Last edited by Finzy; 04-15-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #4769   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I haven't played any of them, but you could work your way up chronologically. Start with Bayonetta.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 04-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #4770   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Playing a lot of Warhammer 4K: Eternal Crusade as Orks. It recently went F2P too, so...if you think Battlefield in third person and Warhammer4K is a good mix I'd recommend it

I'm not that hyped for the new Dawn of War 3 coming out but I am having fun with Eternal Crusade for sure. Just something about the feel of the game, the players are generally very nice, and playing as dem Ork boyz every git talks in chat like a propa Ork. WAAAGH! Got the hang of both melee and ranged now, and I don't really see where the initial negativity came from for that game, there's enough varied maps and lots of ways to play. Melee could be a bit stronger perhaps but I don't think it deters from the experience that much. I mean in what other third person shooter can you have a matchup like Orks and Eldar?

Last edited by Finzy; 04-19-2017 at 07:03 PM.