Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #3931   Add To Ignore List  
s! shitposter

Default Re: Random game talk

While we're talking Red Dead, I found this yesterday and honestly I'm surprised how far they've come with PS3 emulation

YouTube Video: ecks dee dee dee

It's obviously far from playable but compare it to what it used to be, like MGS3 HD collection right now

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 07-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #3932   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

I mean apart from the awful 4-6 fps, graphical glitches and artifacts and audio stutter this is a lot further than most PS3 emulation. Also it's Vulkan, so that must be an advantage.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 07-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #3933   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Interesting, didn't think it would even be a thing yet. That video looks about what I'd expect (4-6 fps ), but who knows once they got it optimized.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #3934   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Could it be that Will Rock was not a huge Sucess cause of Copyright Issues/Oversight?

The Will Rock Demo features an .Mp3 of 'I wanna rock' from Twisted Sister as Main Menu music.

And Atlantic is/was a sublabel of an Major Music Label; ofcthis means Bigger Company = Lots of lawyers. Sometimes we live in a complicated world, but it's just a guess.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #3935   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
I get that, but why would they even do that in the first place? They have absolutely nothing to gain from it. They get zero profit from the huge markup from scalpers (aside from the initial sale). Generating buzz makes sense... if they actually bothered to do another production run. Nintendo has repeatedly said that they have no plans to do another run of NES classic units, even though there is a tremendous demand for them. I think that line of thinking has worked for them from a business standpoint for units like Wii and Switch, but makes zero sense for a limited production unit.
A population that is at war with itself will be easier to dominate.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:51 PM   #3936   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Anyone looking forward to Skyblivion? It's basically Oblivion in Skyrim's engine.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #3937   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

It sounds interesting if they fix Oblivion's inherent flaws. Like the annoying respawning Oblivion gates that get boring as hell after three times since they're all the same. And these gates all just disappear when you beat the main story. Also Oblivion looked amazing for its time, but it mostly had one locale: Sunny forest. Also if they do away with the unicorn I'll fucking murder them.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:21 PM   #3938   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I watch some of the streams of the dev team and they are in fact spicing up locations such as the Oblivion gates, the Gold Coast and that one area that's supposed to be a swamp but wasn't one in the original game.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:54 AM   #3939   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Monstergirl Quest 3D Demo is available, has everything it needs inside the .zip https://www.patreon.com/posts/mgq3d-demo-v-01-8766423
Old 08-02-2017, 01:50 AM   #3940   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Argg, 3 things I cant stand about Red Dead Redemption:
1. How many times can you have a 'follow the dog' mission? In RDR, unlimited it seems. Cool idea, run into the ground.
2. If I am on 'casual' or 'easy' or 'mommy can I have milk with my cookies', why do you let most missions be skippable, but not others? I cant get past a mission, because of an actual bug, on easy, I have been able to skip missions that I cant get past after trying them for a certain number of times, but this stupid mission that I HAVE to rope and break 3 horses, the 1st and 2nd horse are breakable, but the 3rd is continuously unbreakable, and I can NOT skip it, so I am stuck, with no way out. At least on pc you can find a hack, or save game, or some way to get past, but I have no idea why they would have some missions skippable and some not.
3. The same thing happens, or doesnt happen, in every area of the game. In the large 'usa' and 'mexico' part of the game, you could run over anyone, or accidentally bump into anyone (remember, I am on easy still), and nothing happens, even though you are a known outlaw. When you finally get to the very small 'tall trees' northeast part of the map, all of a sudden anyone you bump or run over and you are a criminal the posse hunts to death. And yes, because of the horse issue, it usually means your death unless you are already on your horse. Its IMPOSSIBLE to NOT run into anyone in the game. At least for a 1st time user of consoles. Freakin redonkulous that they did this.

Things I hope they fix in 2:
1. Talking sounds. They have excellent ambient sounds in the game, and great actors and actresses. But, even though they give you enough time (they slow you down by making you ride as fast as the ai does for important moments, but they dont always give you all the dialog for that very same important moment. They will instead have the important character, another npc, or even the hero, interject with dumd replayed sayings during the important speach or whatever, and you never get to hear the full scripted sequence. Very sad.
2. Similar to the above, except they will lose important things said, that you didnt hear, or missed, and you go to read them, and they arent in the log, or not there anymore meaning the log is a small log of dialog and they delete anything older than x number of lines long. Also, sad, because I like to know what was said most of the time.
3. Do I lose tons of money when I die? Sometimes no, sometimes yes. Its like a bug or something. I save, then I have less money when I die, even though I havent made any money since dying. Then, sometimes I make money, die, and come back with the exact money I had before dying, without the money I made. Heck, I think its a save bug, as sometimes I juse seem to have much less money just shutting down and the next day or 5 when I turn the system on I have less money for no reason.
4. I wish the Sell system was more diverse on how much money you get from selling meat, pelts, etc. I would love to get 12 for 1 pelt, and the next I sell the grocer or whoever says something like 'you shot the crap outta that hide! I will only give you 9 for that pelt'. Or, 5 for wolf meat, then the the next I sell, or 10 down the line, they say' there is a glut of wolf meat, come back tommorrow, or 2 days, or a week, when we are out, depending on the area, or they will only give me 3 dollars and say cuz they have too much. And, have that kind of system for everything you sell.
5. The 'whistle for horse
System needs to be totally revamped. Sometimes you get your horse in 2 seconds, and he comes from nowhere, or you get him in 12 minutes and he is 12 feet from you (the horse continually gets stuck on stuff, and it is irritating).
6. Horse again. Get off the horse on the side you are looking, not just 1 side, no matter if that side you can not get out on, but it does anyway and just pushes the horse, like off a cliff and your horse dies.
7. You need to be able to go on more 'posse' side missions, kind of like the 'he stole my horse, please go get it back!' missions, but a posse is rounded up quickly and you have 20 seconds to join it, and run with a pack to hunt someone down. This is really the only thing I missed in the game, was the posse aspect of the game. Everything else was kind of expected to be done alone.
8. The gatling gun needs a serious overhaul. It is SO hard to use. It should be slower to use, not hyper fast cursor jumps 2 feet from 1 tiny movement. Makes the sections that should be 'oh, heck yes! I get to use the gatling gun!' be more like 'crap! I have to play another crappy gatlin gun mission'. Seriously sad about this one.

Still, even with all that that is so bad, or things I just wish were changed, the game is still a must play.
At least for any cowboy lover.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #3941   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Hmm, i never played Killing Floor before. It's really funny game in coop! The main rule - Never distance yourself from the squad, otherwise you will die

Welp, i should play more to explore this interesting game. I've already missed a lot things
Old 08-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #3942   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Hope you're playing the first Killing Floor and not the second one. Dosh, grab it while ya can lads.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #3943   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Played that one before. Played a few times then stopped and did other things (though had too much going on like study), though but great game. I have to thank my brother for getting me into it at first though..
Old 08-03-2017, 09:28 PM   #3944   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Haha I stop caring on one horse...they died fast and stolen and replace too many times...if my horse killed screw that I can whistle to get new horse...I have one favourite horse quite long time but was kill accident he fell over the cliff poor horse.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #3945   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Youre horse can get stolen in RDR?
That must be on a higher difficulty, because on Normal (or, Easy if you will), My horses cant be stolen.
But, that is so awesome that in higher difficulties the horse CAN be stolen.

BTW:
I used the cheat codes to open just the outfits (and both codes still dont open ALL of the outfits), but they arent really any good. It wasnt worth losing auto save to have the outfits.
(I HAVE beaten the main story line and most all of the side missions, if not all of them, I just have not completed the Challenges, which really werent that interesting to me, even the Treasure Chest challenges got old after the 2nd one, to my dismay. Its still a super great thing that they are all in there to begin with though, and I really appreciate having more than 2 things to do in the game).
Old 08-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #3946   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Your horse can always be stolen as far as I know.

You know those world events where you can help a woman being kidnapped, some random guys being attacked by bandits or someone asking you to stop the bandit who stole his horse? Sometimes you will hear someone calling for help, but when you get close they'll yank you off your horse and try to steal it. You have three options: Slow-mo bullet to the head, whistle your horse so the bandit will be bucked off or my personal favorite: Lasso him off, hog tie and then put him on a railroad track.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #3947   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Damn, I should really put some time into finding and playing this game some day.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 08-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #3948   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Huh.
I dont think I have ever been taken off my horse.
I think I was shot off once, but maybe that was someone taking me off the horse. The game was pitch black for about 65% of my gameplay, until I found the correct settings for my tv.
So, I 'could' have been pulled off my horse and didnt even know it.

The game is so much better when you can see stuff, heh.